Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

speng31b posted:

so angry at the slander against my fake country's intelligence services

Yeah he didn't work for them he was a contractor, completely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

Well, only in certain states, depending on what candidates you have access to voting for...

only before that stupid all powerful Supreme Court decided to allow people to risk democracy by allowing the opposition candidate on the ballot

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

They got mad first, ergo they lose. Israel must surrender, that's how it works.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/ClaraJeffery/status/1783722344965681182

Throwing shade at the genocide protestors for not taking the guy Biden shepherded through the Senate more seriously.

Also, making it clear she has the privilege to leave if poo poo hits the fan

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/ClaraJeffery/status/1783722344965681182

Throwing shade at the genocide protestors for not taking the guy Biden shepherded through the Senate more seriously.

Also, making it clear she has the privilege to leave if poo poo hits the fan

all of these people always say "if the other party's president wins, I'm leaving America!" and nobody ever does the needful. Doesn't matter if it's libs or conservatives.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

do you promise to leave?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

what's the Deal With people who Capitalize Weirdly

The OSINTdefender guy is using capital words like that because he's trying to make the most important words in that tweet stand out and stick in his audience's mind. He's basically writing that tweet like an Ad.

However, there's a lot of people who capitalize weirdly because they just don't pay attention to grammar rules and think you're mainly supposed to capitalize words that are important. I don't think they're schizophrenic though!

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

biceps crimes posted:

lol was nodding along and then saw the name. alex jones has outflanked the fraud squad to the left

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Clip-On Fedora posted:

The OSINTdefender guy is using Capital words like that because he's trying to Make the most important words in that Tweet stand out and stick in his Audience's mind. He's basically Writing that tweet like an Ad.

However, there's a lot of people who capitalize Weirdly because they just Don't Pay Attention to Grammar rules and think you're mainly supposed to capitalize words that are important. I don't think they're Schizophrenic Though!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/tristang300/status/1783606217895751782

Ah, here it comes

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

imagining voting for Biden solely for his FCC and FTC

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Maximo Roboto posted:

that's sort of the thing: if it literally wasn't just for Gaza someone (but not me!) could make a case that there's been enough (small) wins that Biden isn't literally the worst president the United States has ever had. Like, I don't know if it would be enough to make a case for enthusiastically voting for him, but something.

but the genocide in Gaza already did happen, and is continuing to happen, and Biden continues to support it, and it overshadows everything else: the FCC, the NLRB, all of it

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

vote Lina Khan 2024

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1783643420600262698

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

[ELIZA]
Hey, yeah, yeah!

I’m down for the count
I’m—

I look into your eyes, and the sky’s the limit
I’m

…drownin’ in ‘em.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

gradenko_2000 posted:

all of these people always say "if the other party's president wins, I'm leaving America!" and nobody ever does the needful. Doesn't matter if it's libs or conservatives.

Yep, and whichever team isn't swearing for reals to leave the country is :smuggo:-posting about how the door is open and they're free to leave, as though they weren't posting the same Chicken Little bullshit a few years ago when their team was on the losing end.

And we can't forget the also-classic "If Dem/Republican wins, Texas/California will vote to secede" that everyone pretends to take seriously.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ha ha ha he like ice cream that thing that all human people like

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/sfchronicle/status/1783797192383225887

lol someone stole little adam schitts luggage in sf

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Maximo Roboto posted:

If they actually cared they would make these things laws instead of waiting for the SupCt and incoming Republican administration to overturn them

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Like look at this

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1783528799360967021

It's kabuki theater! The only people that believes this matters, 6 mths out from an election where the Senate and Presidency are likely changing, don't remember what happened 4 years ago. Or don't want to.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shageletic posted:

If they actually cared they would make these things laws instead of waiting for the SupCt and incoming Republican administration to overturn them

Shageletic posted:

Like look at this

It's kabuki theater! The only people that believes this matters, 6 mths out from an election where the Senate and Presidency are likely changing, don't remember what happened 4 years ago. Or don't want to.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

End thegenocide

-- Aliyah age 8

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Doesn't the FCC have a dumb-as-poo poo requirement that the majority (like 3 out of 5 or whatever) seats goes to the incumbent President's party and the other 2 or whatever goes to the minority party? :thunk:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Haha aren't these notes cute!!! Anyway no we will not be saving our earth

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

fits my needs posted:

https://x.com/sfchronicle/status/1783797192383225887

lol someone stole little adam schitts luggage in sf

suggestion for stopping your poo poo from being stolen: address material conditions

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Gorson posted:

suggestion for stopping your poo poo from being stolen: address material conditions

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?lang=en

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Even if not for Gaza, Biden would still have a bad economy he insists is great. He also has a war (Ukraine) he went full bore on while ignoring stuff like East Palestine (a portent of things to come). So he has a ton of liabilities even without Gaza. And he'll still probably win because Trump Derangement Syndrome is that real.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lmao loving Obama

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
producing ice cream requires the rape and torture of feeling animals so of course Biden loves it

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Horseshoe theory posted:

To be fair, usually The Other as untermenschen usually works during election season so it not clearly working is beffudling.

It is "interesting" (read: horrifying) to see what happens when people whose internal view of themselves is that they are most progressive, the most sympathetic, the biggest champions of the downtrodden and underprivileged butt right into the fact that no, their chosen group is in fact not the most oppressed and underprivileged and are, in fact, supporting a genocide...

When his internal view of himself as the goofy internet funny man was irreconcilably contradicted by court proof that he was, in fact, a wife beating piece of poo poo, Lowtax took one of the more serious options to resolve that discrepancy.

I wonder if/how the liberals will do it?

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It is "interesting" (read: horrifying) to see what happens when people whose internal view of themselves is that they are most progressive, the most sympathetic, the biggest champions of the downtrodden and underprivileged butt right into the fact that no, their chosen group is in fact not the most oppressed and underprivileged and are, in fact, supporting a genocide...

When his internal view of himself as the goofy internet funny man was irreconcilably contradicted by court proof that he was, in fact, a wife beating piece of poo poo, Lowtax took one of the more serious options to resolve that discrepancy.

I wonder if/how the liberals will do it?

People who throw their support behind someone helping to produce mass graves filled with children shouldn't be given the opportunity to resolve that themselves.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

Acoustic Guitar Guy Trying Very Hard To Get Laid is a natural part of their ecosystem. it is not our place to judge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyH7ykZyXQA

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

everyone loves to hate on the acoustic guitar guy, probably john belushi's longest lasting legacy

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

the_steve posted:

Yep, and whichever team isn't swearing for reals to leave the country is :smuggo:-posting about how the door is open and they're free to leave, as though they weren't posting the same Chicken Little bullshit a few years ago when their team was on the losing end.

And we can't forget the also-classic "If Dem/Republican wins, Texas/California will vote to secede" that everyone pretends to take seriously.

One of these days it'll actually happen but be the dumbest possible one of them all like Alaska seceding to rejoin Russia

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
well, there's a genocide happening so at least that will be the worst thing i'll see today

the void that is our universe:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1783838550959759518

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

so he’s a collared shirt and sweater guy

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Even better, a sweater vest

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Joementum posted:

well, there's a genocide happening so at least that will be the worst thing i'll see today

the void that is our universe:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1783838550959759518

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that "misinformation" was not why those people were there, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

lol excellent, will be there day one