Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

MadSparkle posted:

So is Hunter named after his mom's last name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yujF8AumiQo

Hunter has a daughter named Finnegan which was Genocide Joe's mom's maiden name.

It's a p. common tradition if a tad... pretentious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Seems like Biden was too much of a lefty progressive for the voters, guess the dems will have to move right to appeal to voters in the center!

center-reich party

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kenbone18/status/1783920810656170365

Ken!!!!!!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

ken is right

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I just want to say that I hate those stupid loving sunglasses

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Clip-On Fedora posted:

They look like poo poo. Anyone who thinks they look cool has lead poisoning.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. has lost the centrist voter. This is not a drill.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Remember when Ed Markey became a forced meme? And then everyone immediately forgot?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Markey beat Joe Kennedy any price we had to pay was worth it to nip that political career in the bud.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

Nichael posted:

Remember when Ed Markey became a forced meme? And then everyone immediately forgot?

no

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

oh yeah

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

Who?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

It's this guy. Remember?
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7130690143899356462

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

LGD posted:

don't think this was posted yet

https://x.com/GallupNews/status/1783861545438494752

and that is ofc Gallup's quarterly average, so not really accounting for anything too recent

why does obamna have the hitler number of polls

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tom Tucker posted:

Markey beat Joe Kennedy any price we had to pay was worth it to nip that political career in the bud.

It would've been funny to send the brain damaged, incest spawn to the Senate though.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nichael posted:

It would've been funny to send the brain damaged, incest spawn to the Senate though.

plenty already there

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

He wears them while eating ice cream. Also, he has laser eyes. Can we have your vote?

lumpentroll posted:

plenty already there

One more can't hurt.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

WampaLord posted:

it's like they just realized it's an election year and they should maybe try to win, but only with the mildest poo poo ever because they want to hit that 50.1% sweet spot
Wouldn’t want to have a mandate to actually do anything!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Nichael posted:

why does obamna have the hitler number of polls

Racism.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

'West Wing' was huge. Like 'Hamilton,' it pulls back the curtain on how decision-making happens at the highest level, or at least how you hope it would be. The amount of information Aaron Sorkin packs into a scene gave me this courage to trust the audience to keep up.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
It is critical that we remember the real victims of the Holocaust: the Soviets.

Claiming that the Holocaust was about Jews is Zionism. Biden is doing it to provide cover to Israel!

WampaLord posted:

Also we have our own C-SPAM grown podcast doing their gimmick but better. And we started before them!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866329

i cannot stress enough the degree to which the west wing thing sucks.

i kinda feel bad because they seem nice enough, but it's like 2 hour episodes and only 20 minutes actually address the show, the rest is idle bitching about trump or biden, and they repeat the same 20 or so stories over and over. it's v painful to listen to

sorkin is terrible but there are better venues to explore how and why he sucks

e: to be clear the west wing thing is the dollop guy podcast, the worst wing is the SA one and simply going off episode length is way better

uninterrupted has issued a correction as of 05:51 on Apr 27, 2024

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

How do you all feel about A Few Good Men? I think Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson gave great performances, but find the idea that Guantanamo was a dangerous place where a gunfight could break out at any moment in the 90s to be absurdly funny looking back at it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Rubellavator posted:

How do you all feel about A Few Good Men? I think Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson gave great performances, but find the idea that Guantanamo was a dangerous place where a gunfight could break out at any moment in the 90s to be absurdly funny looking back at it.

I think it's a great movie because Rob Reiner is a great director and the cast is excellent. The writing is hit-or-miss, but when it lands it lands.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nitevision posted:

They look like poo poo. Anyone who thinks they look cool has lead poisoning.

I have a pair of aviators, but I got them from helping crowdfund the Super Troopers 2 movie.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gently caress you for subjecting me to this, but yes now I remember thanks

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
much of the ed markey push here was from forums user pick regarding the bernie bucks which she argued should be referred to as the markey bucks iirc :tipshat:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mmm reminds me how weird & funny it was that basically all Lib Women super hated one Bernard J Sanders for having the audacity to challenge not only abuella but then, even worse - pocahontas who was the same person as bernie sanders but better, due to her plans and electability

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i relish their hatred. BRO ZONE

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Two cents smythe, just two cents

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gaynarcan/status/1784017004438884387?t=8KNFchedVQJRuLAghzQztA&s=19

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

the_steve posted:

I have a pair of aviators, but I got them from helping crowdfund the Super Troopers 2 movie.

uhm copaganda much??

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
smythe, as always, is right

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Smythe posted:

mmm reminds me how weird & funny it was that basically all Lib Women super hated one Bernard J Sanders for having the audacity to challenge not only abuella but then, even worse - pocahontas who was the same person as bernie sanders but better, due to her plans and electability

2016 was one of the most antisemitic democratic primaries of all time. Surpassed only by 2020..

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Rubellavator posted:

The movie doesn't push that idea at all, only the villain who is desperately looking to cover his involvement in a murder and other systemic abuse. Jessup is supposed to look like frothing psycho for acting like his cushy Caribbean outpost is Da Nang.

It's a very "system works" movie, but if you can turn your brain off and enjoy the fiction of high ranking military guys being held accountable by the US legal system, it's a very fun watch.

Blind Pineapple has issued a correction as of 07:29 on Apr 27, 2024

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I just want to say that I hate those stupid democrats

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

took me a second but drat that’s good

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

[ALL WOMEN]
Helpless!

Helpless!

Helpless!

Down for the count
And I’m drownin’ in ‘em

Helpless!

Helpless!

Helpless!

Down for the count
And I’m drownin’ in ‘em.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
Ooops

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Willa Rogers posted:

Hunter has a daughter named Finnegan which was Genocide Joe's mom's maiden name.

It's a p. common tradition if a tad... pretentious.

A bit pretentious but not terribly unexpected, I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I feel dirty but not in a fun way every time I see them on him