Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
LETTER TO JOE: Dear Joe, now that you’ve committed to Debate on the now dying Howard Stern Show, no less, let’s set it up right now. I’m ready to go anywhere that you are. We could do it in D.C., even pinpoint the White House, or in New York when your Radical Left Fascists are finished with ELECTION INTERFERENCE against your Political Opponent, ME. In any event, let’s get it done - The People of our Country deserve to know why you have allowed 15 Million People, many from Prisons and Mental Institutions, to invade our Country at our now very OPEN Southern Border, or why you want everybody to foolishly have, in 5 years, an All Electric Car, which won’t go far, is very expensive, and will be Made in China, or why you are allowing Energy Prices to skyrocket, our Economy to crash, and Inflation to reach levels that we have never seen before. Maybe you have a reason for this, & you’ll have a chance to talk about it, but let’s get the Debate going, the American People have the right to know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
he's cooked

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Prisons and Mental Institutions

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

She's directly quoting the stupid rear end regs so it loses some of its content but pretty much the govt over and over saying yeah we could explicitly ban discrimination for LGTBQ and people that have had abortions but we're going to wait until we have heard a complaint first and then investigate it.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hello

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shageletic posted:

She's directly quoting the stupid rear end regs so it loses some of its content but pretty much the govt over and over saying yeah we could explicitly ban discrimination for LGTBQ and people that have had abortions but we're going to wait until we have heard a complaint first and then investigate it.

Yeah the Roe v Wade strategy of well we’re sure to be in power and have the energy to fix it if something goes wrong, so why worry about it in the moment

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

No no I'm not saying I'm going to burn down your house. I'm saying I won't burn down your house as long as you sell it to my friends. The choice is yours, you're the one deciding to let it burn.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/davidpgoldman/status/1783918472700842182

the supposed evil seeseepee spy in the AfD is actually an informant for the german government

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

https://twitter.com/monsieurmoscato/status/1784061521653383251

Joe Biden isn't personally calling every local police department and ordering them to arrest student protesters so everything's fine and nothing's wrong, problem solved!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
biden's not promising to federalize any national guard units that governors call out against the protest to order them to stay in barracks either

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rectal Death Alert posted:

if you mean my quote i was joking

Joe Biden would never openly admit to the crimes he is 100% guilty of like trying to frame an innocent man out of vengeance or when he actually raped Tara Reade

drat

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
It's an even more dogshit argument also because every indication is that the Biden admin supports cracking down on the protests. Their only official comments thus far have been calling the students antisemitic.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

It's an even more dogshit argument also because every indication is that the Biden admin supports cracking down on the protests. Their only official comments thus far have been calling the students antisemitic.

its not even worth arguing with a R like that imo if it was trump they would be saying the opposite

its boring blue team red team garbage

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

VoicesCanBe posted:

She clearly hates the job and she's god awful at it.

She's hoping to follow in Psaki's footsteps and get a cushy media gig but who knows if that opportunity will be waiting for her when she leaves the admin

Based on that article it looks like they were trying to talk her into resigning. So she's actively sticking with the job for some loving reason lol. Guess she doesn't have that cushy gig lined up just yet.

she’s not nearly as hot or sassy as Jen. she also has loser stink. rip.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The image this person chose is actually pretty apt, in that they’re a nazi who spotted someone not being a nazi

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

biden's not promising to federalize any national guard units that governors call out against the protest to order them to stay in barracks either
Ah HA! So you want fascism, I knew it.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/muke10101/status/1784037171671834878

Xexizy himself succs from time to time, but on this matter, he's 100% on point. It's wild to see the comments from people who have no idea how mass politics, disruption or strikes work.

https://twitter.com/spaceanimals32/status/1784212832717812039

Yes, that's exactly what power is. Unless and until you're going to pick up a rifle, this is it.

The protests have already made gains. Mild, token concessions for now, sure, but they're just getting started.

Also that image is a hilarious case of projection because when leftists actually take power, these same liberals immediately pivot to calling them "authoritarian"

VoicesCanBe has issued a correction as of 17:31 on Apr 27, 2024

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RealityWarCriminal posted:

LETTER TO JOE: Dear Joe, now that you’ve committed to Debate on the now dying Howard Stern Show, no less, let’s set it up right now. I’m ready to go anywhere that you are. We could do it in D.C., even pinpoint the White House, or in New York when your Radical Left Fascists are finished with ELECTION INTERFERENCE against your Political Opponent, ME. In any event, let’s get it done - The People of our Country deserve to know why you have allowed 15 Million People, many from Prisons and Mental Institutions, to invade our Country at our now very OPEN Southern Border, or why you want everybody to foolishly have, in 5 years, an All Electric Car, which won’t go far, is very expensive, and will be Made in China, or why you are allowing Energy Prices to skyrocket, our Economy to crash, and Inflation to reach levels that we have never seen before. Maybe you have a reason for this, & you’ll have a chance to talk about it, but let’s get the Debate going, the American People have the right to know!

This is like when Eric Bischoff came out on Nitro and challenged Vince McMahon to show up for a fight.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

PhilippAchtel posted:

Well, these people don't even support disruption on campus. There is only and always will ever be VOTE

They support anything that doesn't personally upset their delicate fee-fees. If these protests had been about Orange Man Bad, these same libs would be tripping over themselves to call them heroes and point at the 1st amendment while hooting and hollering.

VoicesCanBe posted:

The protests have already made gains. Mild, token concessions for now, sure, but they're just getting started.

Also that image is a hilarious case of projection because when leftists actually take power, these same liberals immediately pivot to calling them "authoritarian"

"Heh, you leftists aren't actually serious about wanting to take power and that's why we don't have to take you seriously."

*leftists take power*

"No, not like that."

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Kenneh.......

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jossytweets/status/1784045880649375874?t=2ml__eVCRss8ZXmXTVOAMg&s=19

Lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

goldmine

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

thank you north korea

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

the_steve posted:

They support anything that doesn't personally upset their delicate fee-fees. If these protests had been about Orange Man Bad, these same libs would be tripping over themselves to call them heroes and point at the 1st amendment while hooting and hollering.

Sure as long as you don't disrupt traffic or scratch a Target.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

computer, show me kim jong un crowd surfing on an american campus

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

thank you north korea

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

My name is my mom's maiden name. I think it's a salt of the earth type tradition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qQz2GO_ZsM

sorry I made you so mad you posted a 12-minute video of an old lady speaking v e r y s l o w l y in reply

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

VoicesCanBe posted:

She clearly hates the job and she's god awful at it.

She's hoping to follow in Psaki's footsteps and get a cushy media gig but who knows if that opportunity will be waiting for her when she leaves the admin

Based on that article it looks like they were trying to talk her into resigning. So she's actively sticking with the job for some loving reason lol. Guess she doesn't have that cushy gig lined up just yet.

there will be no shortage of job offers after she leaves office even tho she sucks at her job now.

bc all it'll take to land her a half-mil job on cable news is nodding at others who state how much they hate republicans & she won't have to look anything up in a binder to stall for time.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

Joe Biden isn't personally calling every local police department and ordering them to arrest student protesters so everything's fine and nothing's wrong, problem solved!

Biden is the reason there are protests in the first place! He supports the genocide!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol democrat just hope whenever someone sucks poo poo at their job or are maliciously evil, they'll "do the right thing" and resign so they themselves don't have to actually do something about it.

like the nyp story said, that job in particular is one that sees frequent turnover for each presidency.

and it's no wonder, bc you have to be a psychopathic liar to be good at it, as well as deflect & defend the presidency shamelessely & repeatedly from the hard questions he avoids by not having direct pressers himself.

think psucci, matt miller at state, LT2012.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

World War Mammories posted:

text copy-pasted:
REG SUMMARY: Same as the athlete ban Title IX NPRM, it establishes a framework for state healthcare bans, rejects enforcement authority, and tells individual trans ppl to keep sending OCR reports into the HHS trash compactor. Thread of my first read through Section 1557. 🧵🏳️‍⚧️
It's almost like all the leadership fuckers who told me they were handling federal advo as seriously as it deserves behind closed doors and that I should stop agitating may have lying! My heavens!!
Even if you've never read one of these before, you can see how much room they have to freehand context, right? They have wide latitude over that. And they use it to detail how to discriminate and what they won't do to stop it. Entirely optional! You don't have to write that!
To be clear they have wide latitude to write whatever reg language they want, too - I just figure lay people should easily be able to see all the completely unnecessary ratfucks in the prose. This is not how I would have written any of it, obviously.
And from what I'm hearing (and def what I'm seeing in the reg) I'm actually not sure we even had anybody at the table. NCTE worked closely with the Obama admin on the 2016 reg. This looks like no trans policy person was within a hundred miles of it.
I keep saying the unionbusting debacle set us back like 15 years of trans policy pipeline development and this is a good illustration of what that cost us.

final tweet 'cause it has a pic:
https://twitter.com/gaynarcan/status/1784079247419527469

i'm very stupid can someone explain this like you're explaining it to a toddler

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

VoicesCanBe posted:

so then trump didn't bust up BLM protests right?

(not defending trump just pointing out how stupid this is lol)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I'm going to say "they're right"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

don't make me dream of better things

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

one of biden's traits is that he won't fire people (or allow those running the presidency to fire people); the phrase "he's loyal to a fault" seems particularly apt.

I can't see anyone who's resigned under this presidency having done so bc they were forced to, rather than for moving thru the lucrative revolving door and/or bc of burnout.

Apr 27, 2024
Structurally Sucker

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Willa Rogers posted:

one of biden's traits is that he won't fire people (or allow those running the presidency to fire people); the phrase "he's loyal to a fault" seems particularly apt.

I can't see anyone who's resigned under this presidency having done so bc they were forced to, rather than for moving thru the lucrative revolving door and/or bc of burnout.

they famously fired a bunch of staffers for admitting to past weed use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Democrats feel more strongly about defending Israel's ability to kill children than they do about winning