Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apr 27, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

lol

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Willa Rogers posted:

one of biden's traits is that he won't fire people (or allow those running the presidency to fire people); the phrase "he's loyal to a fault" seems particularly apt.

I can't see anyone who's resigned under this presidency having done so bc they were forced to, rather than for moving thru the lucrative revolving door and/or bc of burnout.

except for smoking weed

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Willa Rogers posted:

one of biden's traits is that he won't fire people (or allow those running the presidency to fire people); the phrase "he's loyal to a fault" seems particularly apt.

I can't see anyone who's resigned under this presidency having done so bc they were forced to, rather than for moving thru the lucrative revolving door and/or bc of burnout.

Victoria Nuland might have been forced out behind the scenes

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

🤔

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

They are a victim..? :confused:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I actually have no real clue what north korea ever did wrong because we never learned about that in high school or college. Like I dont even have any cuba level propaganda to reference. It was never even mentioned.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They're Communist (evil) and starve their people deliberately

That's basically what the propaganda boils down to

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

I actually have no real clue what north korea ever did wrong because we never learned about that in high school or college. Like I dont even have any cuba level propaganda to reference. It was never even mentioned.

It definitely was not taught that America killed millions in firebombing them.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

The protests have already made gains. Mild, token concessions for now, sure, but they're just getting started.

Also that image is a hilarious case of projection because when leftists actually take power, these same liberals immediately pivot to calling them "authoritarian"

I've been critical of the protests up to now, but they've finally found an avenue to put forward real pressure, so of course contrapoints and all her idiot sycophants come out to do what they love best.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

look I’ve seen what the journalists say about north korea there’s not very many cars on the roads and people use bikes it sounds like a bad scene

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
People get really angry when you say Biden managed to be worse than Trump and Trump is the harm reduction candidate. Even if they hate Biden and won’t vote for him.

Accelerationist copium, lol.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

042724 posted:

Who wins? Larry wins.

Free Larry

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

Let me get you started, comrade.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWghIVErqy0Adthf1_mLOlldlJPFY6vlV

I just noticed there's no DPRK flag emoji on my Samsung phone... lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/muke10101/status/1784037171671834878

Xexizy himself succs from time to time, but on this matter, he's 100% on point. It's wild to see the comments from people who have no idea how mass politics, disruption or strikes work.

https://twitter.com/spaceanimals32/status/1784212832717812039

Yes, that's exactly what power is. Unless and until you're going to pick up a rifle, this is it.

why do people put on makeup in their videos talking about current events? :confused:

I guess it's the girly version of gamers watching while talking but it's weird.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

why do people put on makeup in their videos talking about current events? :confused:

Don't worry about it, sweaty 💅

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

they famously fired a bunch of staffers for admitting to past weed use

those were low-level people during the first few weeks of his presidency iirc.

but yeah, shows their priorities.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i could not defend NK because the kim-jongs are a very hosed up dictator family. the koreas should reunify though

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

silicone thrills posted:

Americans never learn about the Korean War because even the most base-level understanding of its causes and events makes it real clear that the US and our South Korean puppets were the bad guys. Like, all the way down to "the peninsula was divided because of an arbitrary decision made by a couple of American bureaucrats without consulting the Soviets or the Korean people". Just absolute villainy beginning to end.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
firing people brings attention to the person being fired and what they've done wrong. and any negative news cannot be allowed

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Willa Rogers posted:

You know how there's tons of videos with like city surfers next to them? Its the same idea. Its just something to pay attention to while listening and its proven to be pretty effective in keeping peoples eyes on.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

You know how there's tons of videos with like city surfers next to them? Its the same idea. Its just something to pay attention to while listening and its proven to be pretty effective in keeping peoples eyes on.

I guess. :corsair:

the first time I saw it was some woman putting on clown makeup while talking about britney in the doc about her guardianship & it was so loving distracting.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

PhilippAchtel posted:

Let me get you started, comrade.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWghIVErqy0Adthf1_mLOlldlJPFY6vlV

I just noticed there's no DPRK flag emoji on my Samsung phone... lol

Hell yeah I didnt know they made a season on Korea. I loved their first 2 seasons.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

1stGear posted:

Americans never learn about the Korean War because even the most base-level understanding of its causes and events makes it real clear that the US and our South Korean puppets were the bad guys.

Ohhhh, some learn about the Korean War to point out that Truman was spineless like almost all Democrats and that MacArthur should have dropped the atom bomb on China when the US was still on top. Venn diagram of the people that have read Bombs Away: The Hot War by Harry Turtledove and Americans that hate communists.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

the first time I saw it was some woman putting on clown makeup while talking about britney in the doc about her guardianship & it was so loving distracting.

It's a whole genre, get ready with me, GRWM. Some of them are a way to give visual content to a story, some are memes making fun of that, some are weird and horny.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lodgepolepines/status/1784240957090570579?t=Sewy0Xij7BuSW2JMw39gmw&s=19

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Bing bong, so simple!"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Many people
Died like a dog

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

*tiktok man voice*

A man walks into a bar...

*a video of some guy cutting into a plastic gobstopper or maybe it's someone raking sludge off a sponge*

This is at least half of all tiktok videos.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Maybe the algorithm is just serving me up what I like...

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

more and more people are saying this

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Do you mind summarizing or copying over key points for those of us not logged into Twitter who can’t read the thread?

Here's a link to the subtweet as well that actually goes over things in detail

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1783958715030184077.html

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

VoicesCanBe posted:

Victoria Nuland might have been forced out behind the scenes

gently caress the EU!

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

every time the price of coke zero goes up I have to sigh and say "that's okay, I'll still keep drinking that garbage"

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzm6ZkZnIjQ

DRPK News posted:

DRPK News
Nov 4, 2023

DPRK Accuses Israel and US of Mass Murder of Innocent Palestinians

The US's reactionary policies and reckless military support towards Israel are war crimes and crimes against humanity that led to mass murder of innocent Arabs.

Press Statement of Spokesman of Korean Jurists Committee

Recently, Israel has been expanding its indiscriminate military attacks on the Gaza Strip, and the number of innocent civilian casualties continues to increase.

According to data available since the outbreak of the Middle East incident on Oct. 7, due to indiscriminate air raids and shelling by Israel, more than 8,000 Palestinians, including over 3,000 children and 2,000 women, were killed and over 20,000 wounded in the Gaza Strip. And the damage is expected to be further expanded in the future due to the humanitarian crisis. Nevertheless, instead of making efforts to resolve the situation, the United States continues to condone and promote Israel's acts of massacre of civilians by focusing on military support for Israel.

After this incident occurred, the United States not only dispatched two aircraft carrier strike groups, but also a large amount of war equipment, including landing assault ships and fighter jets, to the region. It also deploys missile defense and interception systems such as THAD and Patriot and proposing to the Congress a comprehensive aid plan including a $14.3 billion support to Israel a spokesman of the Korean Jurists Committee said in a press statement issued on Friday, and went on:

This shows that although the United States is outwardly talking about preventing the escalation of the situation, its true intention is to protect and provide strong support to Israel's reckless military attack on the Gaza Strip.

The U.S. exercised veto at a meeting of the UN Security Council on the Middle East crisis on Oct. 18, talking about Israel's "right to self-defense" and also foiled the adoption of a resolution at a resolution at a UNSC meeting on Oct. 26, calling for a "temporary truce", not an "immediate ceasefire". The fact goes to clearly prove that it has no interest in the protection of civilians in the Gaza Strip.

In particular, the U.S. has insisted that Israel is not to blame for the death of more than 500 civilians due to the attack on a Palestinian hospital, shamelessly claiming that the number of civilian death announced by the Palestinian health authorities cannot be confirmed directly on the spot and, accordingly, cannot be recognized.

This fully reveals the U.S. cruelty and barbarity.

The U.S. loudly clamored about "humanitarian disaster", calling for the "protection of civilians" in Ukraine. But it is conniving at and encouraging Israel's hideous killings of civilians while keeping mum about this, which is the height of double standards.

Through large-scale protest demonstrations and rallies in different parts of the world, the international community is now strongly urging Israel, which does not hesitate to commit massacres of civilians, and the U.S., which is zealously patronizing, conniving and fostering them, to immediately stop the human slaughter.

A resolution demanding an immediate ceasefire for humanitarian purposes was adopted at the Oct. 27 special emergency meeting of the UN General Assembly with the approval of 120 countries. And a statement of the Middle East countries on putting an end to the war crimes of Israel against mankind and on making an immediate truce for the protection of civilians was made public on Oct. 28. They are an eruption of strong protest and anger of the international community.

The United States' one sided policy and reckless military support policy toward Israel is an outsized war crime that has led to the genocide of innocent Arabs. The United States is the country that should be sued by the International Criminal Court and kicked out of the United Nations Human Rights Council.

Ending the double standards of the United States, which exercises coercion and tyranny around the world, is a prerequisite for establishing a fair and just international order.

Pyonyang, November 3 Juche 112 (2023)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

World War Mammories posted:

more and more people are saying this

this and some variation of "no one has ever been treated this badly" and "this is very unfair to me".

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

https://twitter.com/me_im_chloe/status/1783865352469778447

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

I’m hearing this now for the first time