Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

World War Mammories posted:

that anyone might take this joke seriously really says a lot about society

It matches several press conferences the state department has given.

"We've seen the images and are monitoring the situation and are extremely concerned about Israel's actions

which is why it's important we deliver them more hospital missiles"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Rectal Death Alert posted:

It matches several press conferences the state department has given.

"We've seen the images and are monitoring the situation and are extremely concerned about Israel's actions

which is why it's important we deliver them more hospital missiles"

I only know it's fake because it's those two opposite thoughts in the same paragraph. We've literally seen Biden say both these things separately.

Also lol "incandescent" the man can't even generate enough watts for an LED.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Biden only gets pissed when a woman tells him “no”

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1781050067593375866

mags
May 30, 2008

no they should have to weigh those three with concerns for their own health and moral reservations of participating in a genocidal empire

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ok cool what are you going to do about it?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

Ok cool what are you going to do about it?

https://x.com/TheDemocrats/status/1781308040181841965

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I seriously cannot wait for the Democrats to lose they won’t win again for decades

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Liberals are very good at identifying problems and very bad at enacting or even identifying solutions

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Bootleg Trunks posted:

what ever happened to THEE khive

They're all into Beyoncé (wholesome country singer like Taylor Swift) now, not Megan Thee Stallion (scary rapper like Dr. Easy Cube)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The headline leaves out that they're still ignoring trans kids in sports

https://x.com/NBCNews/status/1781314344715698542

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

he's right

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

i also think star trek enterprise is the most underrated star trek because it very much does the opposite of this where the main characters have to expend effort figuring out if a cultural belief is reasonable or if its just some rear end in a top hat taking advantage of their open mindedness to try to mind rape them or something

i maintain that the intellectual rigor of star trek enterprise is why people tend to dislike it because of all the star trek series the storytelling it favors is least conducive to self insertion fantasies just because that part of the premise requires that the characters constantly stumble and make mistakes or even end an episode having made decisions so ambiguous its not even clear they were the morally correct ones

The captain caused an international incident because he insisted on bringing his dog to sensitive diplomatic negotiations with an alien race and it peed on their sacred bush.

I don't think it's as bad as everyone says but making the captain an idiot didn't do it any favors.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

stupid old bitch

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

you can't be mad at him. he said the right thing.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

VitalSigns posted:

The captain caused an international incident because he insisted on bringing his dog to sensitive diplomatic negotiations with an alien race and it peed on their sacred bush.

I don't think it's as bad as everyone says but making the captain an idiot didn't do it any favors.

oh cmon vitalsigns I think we've all been there

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tom Tucker posted:

Remembering how Biden had to promise to have a black female VP in order to kneecap Bernie and now we have Kamala Harris because she was the most well-known one who would actually return his calls.

She probably things she's heir apparent for 2028 and it baffles me the mind of a politician surrounded by toadies croaking about silent majorities.

Nah, Biden was Kamala's backdoor into the White House.
She was the original establishment idpol pick, but she was such a gaping black hole of charisma that even the Dems couldn't maintain enough kayfabe to thumb the scales for her, so they attached her to Joe once they decided the party would fall in line behind him.

I will continue to swear that the plan was to either MeToo him or otherwise force him out, but they saw how loving rabid the base was to fall in line behind a doddering old white guy with a blue tie that they decided to let it ride instead.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Some Guy TT posted:

see this is why i dislike star trek the next generation because its very much a show about respecting beliefs even if you think those beliefs are completely idiotic the assumption typically being that people from other cultures are too stupid to care that youre obviously just humoring them

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Devil%27s_Due_(episode)

gently caress ur stupid god devil

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

the_steve posted:

Nah, Biden was Kamala's backdoor into the White House.
She was the original establishment idpol pick, but she was such a gaping black hole of charisma that even the Dems couldn't maintain enough kayfabe to thumb the scales for her, so they attached her to Joe once they decided the party would fall in line behind him.

I will continue to swear that the plan was to either MeToo him or otherwise force him out, but they saw how loving rabid the base was to fall in line behind a doddering old white guy with a blue tie that they decided to let it ride instead.

The DNC, its donors, and its media allies were searching for every possible option for a champion to "save" them from Bernard. They pretty much refused to accept that Biden would be the guy to do it until the last possible moment (3 days from Super Tuesday)

Though in their defense, Biden's campaign did look close to dead in the water during Iowa-New Hampshire

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ram dass in hell posted:

oh cmon vitalsigns I think we've all been there

Yeah but I wouldn't send me on a diplomatic mission either.

I always identified with TNG's level of incompetence more though. A crewmember almost got executed for walking on the grass on a sex planet because the first contact team got so distracted by rear end that they didn't finish reading the law books and so didn't realize that the penalty for everything is death? Whomst amongst us, etc

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VoicesCanBe posted:

The DNC, its donors, and its media allies were searching for every possible option for a champion to "save" them from Bernard. They pretty much refused to accept that Biden would be the guy to do it until the last possible moment (3 days from Super Tuesday)

Though in their defense, Biden's campaign did look close to dead in the water during Iowa-New Hampshire

Sure, they wanted someone who wasn't likely to die of old age within the next 4 years. They needed their next Obama; young enough to get some mileage out of the investment and establishment as all hell.
But the current crop was not being accepted by the voters, which forced them to put all their chips on Joe and come up with the whole "He's the only one experienced enough to save you from Bad Orange Man." narrative that really got the libs into a voting lather.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
The moral of the story might be "only South Carolina mattered" but let's be real, if Bernard had hypothetically won SC then the goalposts would have shifted immediately. The same people talking about the need to elevate the voices of black voters would immediately pivot to "oh Bernie won a bunch of conservative voters who gives a poo poo"

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Democrats collapsed the labor movement down to a manageable “museum fremen” level for photo ops

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Putin has a ‘factchecking’ operation, and so do other dictators – but they use them to twist the truth

Bad actors know that factchecking sites are a vital democratic tool. That’s why they’ve launched their own dishonest versions

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gonna need a Verritt code on that

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

Liberals are very good at identifying problems and very bad at enacting or even identifying solutions

I disagree, that's Libertarians. Liberals are very good at absolutely refusing to acknowledge problems and insist that they aren't real.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

loquacius posted:

Liberals are very good at identifying problems

no they arent

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh yeah I should add that they will refuse to acknowledge problems that make them personally look bad

but they love to say stuff like "prescription drug costs are too high!!!!!" over and over while doing nothing to address it and killing any effort anyone else makes to do it for them

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden hasn’t ignored trans kids in sports, he agrees with Gavin Newsom they shouldn’t play

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If liberals are good at anything, it's employing rhetoric to slither and slime their way out of accountability. They're masters of arguments like "Yes, Biden is sending weapons to Israel, but that's not ipso facto prima facie evidence that he's committing genocide, per se."

Because whether or not someone is actually doing something or not, and responsible for it or not, is all down to beliefs and intentions and things that aren't falsifiable. Trying to pin them down on anything material leads to arguments about things that are intangible.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

In ThE uNiTeD sTaTeS nOoOobOdY sHoUlD

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Which is why, on my watch, you won't have a paycheck OR be able to care for your family

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

If liberals are good at anything, it's employing rhetoric to slither and slime their way out of accountability. They're masters of arguments like "Yes, Biden is sending weapons to Israel, but that's not ipso facto prima facie evidence that he's committing genocide, per se."

Because whether or not someone is actually doing something or not, and responsible for it or not, is all down to beliefs and intentions and things that aren't falsifiable. Trying to pin them down on anything material leads to arguments about things that are intangible.

and/or your personal duty to vote blue anyway because the republicans are worse

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

cool lets check the years you have been in office

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

My favorite argument like this is "Well, Israel could totally be doing everything on their own, they don't need us, we're only 9% of their defense spending!"

Oh really? Cool, then it sounds like we don't need to be helping them at all, so why are we?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

In the United States nobody should have to choose between taking a dump on the clock or scrolling social media or also drinking coffee

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

WampaLord posted:

My favorite argument like this is "Well, Israel could totally be doing everything on their own, they don't need us, we're only 9% of their defense spending!"

Oh really? Cool, then it sounds like we don't need to be helping them at all, so why are we?

the other 91% is automated sniper rifles to shoot kids in the knees and quadcopters with guns on them to mow down people at an emergency food distribution point

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

WampaLord posted:

Uh excuse me, how are we "helping" Israel?

mags
May 30, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

no they arent

they're more into final solutions, its true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

the other 91% is automated sniper rifles to shoot kids in the knees and quadcopters with guns on them to mow down people at an emergency food distribution point

Man, that quadcopter thing really stuck with me as a huge "d2i, d2a" moment, just the most hosed up poo poo