Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

tristeham posted:

she's right

yeah i feel like that's getting lost in all this

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

making GBS threads on like the 2 most popular women in the country for incredibly dumb reasons doesn't strike me as an appealing argument to normie americans.

yeah it's a shame, if not for that I think Cornel would have a real shot

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

docbeard posted:

The United States is also facing the election of a genocidal rapist fascist, but with typical American extravagance, they have two of them

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

"the wine dark sea" doesn't even mean the sea is red like wine it means it's dark like wine jesus h christ

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

kind of starting to think trump and biden should not be president but gee what do i know

look, don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good. we need to support the lesser evil by voting for Trump and Biden to be president.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

SixteenShells posted:

I'm trying to figure out what book that yellow one is, above Maus and starting with a G. The closest match I can find is Grown by Tiffany Jackson. There's not many books on the Florida challenge lists that start with G and have recent editions with yellow covers, but the piece of the cover art we can see doesn't match the cover art for Grown I'm seeing in image searches.

it’s Gender Queer, newish comic book about gender that immediately became one of the most challenged books in the country

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Scarabrae posted:

wait his name is actually Jealous?

first name Peanut Butter And

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I like how he still has his signature cosplay as a tough paramilitary guy, like how Tymoshenko had her signature braid or Yanukovych's signature gaffes about who/what is and isn't from Ukraine

Every politician needs a memorable thing

Ukranian Fetterman

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

She lies and says she's in love with him,

lol

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

primary debates are fun because that's where you get all the true freaks, general election debates are usually boring as poo poo

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

didn't Paul Ryan get to retire at like 50 years old after basically accomplishing his life's work

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

The one who made that Tweet blames Barthes (and to be fair to the Ukraine-and-Taiwan-flag-haver "death of the author" is some very annoying poo poo to always have to wade through):

https://twitter.com/RadCentrism/status/1731784634902384656?t=r28lukKFEfdpaMIjOIHTjA&s=19

what if the person who drew the number drew it in an intentionally vague way so it could be either number, as is almost certainly the case in this instance? fuckin dumbass

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Did he then go on to describe the gigantic iron pot his grandpa and Bugs Bunny were being cooked in?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

No...can't you read? Steel isn't indestructible.

prove it: destroy some steel right now

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

just put some water on it an d wait

we're trying to destroy some steel, not grow a freakin houseplant

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

https://x.com/aklingus/status/1782432276602835028

lmfao

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jon Carbuncle posted:

I’d love to see her shut the gently caress up forever

she should run for office again

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

RadiRoot posted:

ban all media

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

Buhhhhhhhhh?????? They should ban him.

god that would be so funny

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nothus posted:

Al Franken?

he pivoted to being a recurring guest host on the daily show lol

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Why are they dressed like that

They’re in a cult

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

lol excellent, will be there day one

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i know, i know, new york post, but this article is really funny

https://x.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1783860713426977220

quote:

“Karine doesn’t have an understanding of the issues and she reads the book [binder] word-for-word,” said the second source, adding that the situation is made worse by the fact that “she thinks she’s doing an amazing job.”

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

not a good look sweaty

the fact that they're trying to get rid of her to replace her with that psycho John Kirby is also pretty funny

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

there is one thing of his I'll genuinely go to bat for: Sports Night

the flurry of high-energy, snappy dialogue, full of people acting incredibly smart at each other, works very, VERY well in the context of "this is some knockoff ESPN channel being watched by like a hundred people." the intense drama of fighting over very, very low stakes makes for a great underlying sense of comedy to the whole thing, and actually makes the jokes pop!

unfortunately then he got to do what he wanted, in the West Wing, and that basically ruined him

I actually do kinda like The Social Network just because that’s one where you’re supposed to hate all of the characters

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Srice posted:

Also helps that Fincher directed it so it actually looks like a movie.

yeah i haven't seen anything Sorkin directed himself but i have to imagine it's abysmal, a writer that smug and self-obsessed should not direct his own material

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Joementum posted:

the only things Sorkin has directed are his awful Chicago 7 and I Love Lucy movies

the walk and talk was created by Thommy Schlamme

he also did that poker movie with Jessica Chastain.

I heard it was bad.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sydney Sweeney as Krysten Sinema

not Nancy Pelosi?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

SgtMongoose posted:

Remember all the stories a few weeks ago about how vibrant and energetic Biden was, walking out to his helicopter all by himself?

Turns out it was very short lived.

*hans moleman voice* i want to see Joe Biden walking and shuffling alone across the grass

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mags posted:

who is that on the right

Jim Lahey

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

In school you learn about the good civil rights guy, MLK and the bad civil rights guy, Malcolm X and the Black Panthers.

you learned about the Black Panthers in school?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

that’ll do it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The image this person chose is actually pretty apt, in that they’re a nazi who spotted someone not being a nazi

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the other guy had a good point being like “so you’re asking me to pick between a muslim ban and a muslim genocide? i’ll take the ban.”

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

nah, I prefer the nyp, bc it doesn't hide its bigotry behind verbose op-eds but comes right out & shows you.

I trust that sort of media far more than the wapo/nyt soft-pedaled bigtory.

the New York Post also occasionally has banger headlines, like when Don Lemon got fired and they did "CNN Sours on Lemon", to say nothing of the classic "Headless Body Found in Topless Bar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

that will be forgotten shortly, january 6th will be funny for decades to come, up there with the bay of pigs invasion and 9/11

god, i recently read Cuba: An American History by Ada Ferrer and the whole chapter on the Bay of Pigs invasion is so entertaining. the U.S. intelligence apparatus and letter agencies just getting their poo poo absolutely rocked.