Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

In all seriousness, where do these statistics come from that say the economy is doing great?

Like are we talking about the stats that say millions of new jobs and businesses are being created and when you look at them, they're talking about Uber/Lyft drivers?

p much yea it's 99% part time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Thats the dumbest poo poo I've ever heard, Homer used tons of little turns of phrase because he used a ton of mnemonic aids and that was one of them, it doesn't prove they can't see blue (how the gently caress would that even work, are Greeks aliens)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Not to reignite the discussion about it, but when it comes to AOC I lean fairly strongly towards 'op' rather than 'naivete about her ability to change the system from within'. Whether she's effective or not, though, AOC got exactly what she wanted from her job: Cadillac health care, a cushy make-work job, and hobnobbing with the elites.

She's not an op, because if she was she would be being utilized way more to funnel people into traditional party apparatuses.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mentioned it before but it's fair to think that she is one, because she tried as hard as she could to set herself up in that position for easy advancement but unfortunately for her she had mild criticism of pelosi and the Dems at one point so she must be brought to heel at every opportunity

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zoran posted:

yeah 10 grand at the right moment can buy a congressman easy

bump that down to 5 and a cooler full of jenis

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/ManilanH/status/1780028858986615019

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Michael, Stanley, Meredith, Angela, Ryan, Kelly, and secretly Pam would all vote for Trump.

Michael Scott gets called racist and writes in Obama to prove he isn't; this causes joe to lose pa by one vote

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TikTok ban should clear the Senate next week and be signed by the end of April

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nichael posted:

incredible political acumen sir

Don't worry. It's been attached to aid for Ukraine and Israel. This is bipartisanship

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Did they ever settle on a justification other than CHINA BAD

No and why would they bother looking for one

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MadSparkle posted:

which is kind of funny, didn't TikTok and K-Pop kids screw up his Tulsa rally a few years ago? I thought it would be something he'd be holding a venomous grudge about... not that I'm complaining lol

Trump has a higher IQ than Biden (shocking, I know) and saw how unpopular this was with the youth and went "you know I can probably steal most of the youth vote just by saying i'm going to reverse this" and meanwhile biden and the dems and the country club republicans are out here going "oh he's only doing this for his BILLIONAIRE buddies. He's CROOKED. don't fall for his RUSES" and jerking each other off in politico and nyt articles

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

only a boor would deign to do something so churlish as 'giving people things to win votes' that's so low brow and vile. anyway here's lin manuel miranda to do a fun rap about slavery

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It's a huge problem. Zionists have cried wolf once too many times and now people are less receptive to the accusation of antisemitism - even when it might be actual Jew hatred and not "college students saying 'from the river to the sea'. I am not Jewish so I wonder what sort of reckoning is already happening in the Jewish community over the conflation of Judaism and Zionism.

That's one of Israels goals, to make being Jewish unsafe everywhere except the ethnostate to force support

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's very weird and off-putting that he's basically unhinged posting about Israel in it's defense by Any Means Necessary. Does he even talk about Pennsylvania at this point or

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Idk man the fallout show is good but the franchise is clearly unable to consider anything outside of its premise. fallout 2 and van buren were explicitly designed to show a growth of civilization in the wasteland but that's too complicated for Todd so they just reset everything over and over again

E: wait this isn't the video games thread this is the succ thread I've been bamboozled

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nichael posted:

help help i;m bring groomed by sexy houthis

Hello, my name is Jacqueline Duncan-Hearst with the NYT. I'd like to discuss this with you- are you available?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Al! posted:

it's even better in context

vulnerable how!?!?!??!?! she won handily........

vulnerable in that the party brass doesn't like her and is supporting her challengers. I wouldn't be surprised if they swing behind Hayes or cut her re-election funding for the general

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Don't worry guys I talked to some Dem party people I know and the general feeling is that the protests aren't really a big deal because they don't vote, but the people who are made uncomfortable by the protests do

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's really funny to see people talk up Biden and mention poo poo that has always existed as points in his favor. Like pslf and ibr plans literally didn't exist before Biden. They haven't been around for like 20+ years, ONLY Joe has been able to create these

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The NYPD Demographics Unit (Codename: Sundowners)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mags posted:

perhaps Brianna wu is not serious

I hate to break it to you but she is extremely serious

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1787833632268091669

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tsitsikovas posted:

The Stranger is one of the dumbest books, and that was at my personal peak of college grad existentialism rules phase. Some spoiled, bored as hell white guy kills an arab just to feel something? Ponders hard about it?

hosed up book, frankly. gently caress albert camel.

It's a pretty good view into the mindset of the idle rich even to this day, where they do openly harmful and monsterous poo poo just to feel anything

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why is he wearing a hamburger polo this is making me irrationally angry

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1790747680173363660

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I love this take because he's been exactly like this since the 90s, verifiably so, and there are plenty of dumoxuments and articles about it. Honestly I bet if you looked rubin has an article she wrote about how great he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1792692955750584379

United States Senator from Hawaii. Dad. Climate Hawk. Chair of the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs. Chief Deputy Whip.