Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

🍷

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mocking your victims, hosed up poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

nah gently caress this guy, glenn's wrong

quote:

More recently, we have approached the Israel-Hamas war and its spillover onto streets and campuses through the “intersectional” lens that has jumped from the faculty lounge to newsrooms. Oppressor versus oppressed. That’s meant highlighting the suffering of Palestinians at almost every turn while downplaying the atrocities of October 7, overlooking how Hamas intentionally puts Palestinian civilians in peril, and giving little weight to the explosion of antisemitic hate around the world.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

found myself screaming at npr in my car several times at all things considered and npr news because of how much they were covering for israel or how they'd bring october 7th rumors into everything

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Truga posted:

glenn's being a dumbass, journalists have always been activists with the big megaphones, the only difference is that anyone not an activist for the neoliberal status quo got forced out into obscurity

all journalists caught trump derangement syndrome, and honestly npr was one of the lesser obsessed outlets

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yeah lol the guy literally uses the phrase "viewpoint diversity" lmao cmon glem

the internecine conflict between "woke" libs and "centrist" libs literally makes me want to puke

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

npr went all in on russiagate conspiracy theories as noted in those excerpts

i guess fox news and newsmax were exempt from the curse but i was more talking about liberal media, who all went all in

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

PoundSand posted:

There's no dichotomy here with npr sucking and that guy also being a piece of poo poo.

this is not a political argument, you fool, this is about whether or not glenn is wrong

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

require all posts be cleared by Verrit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SixteenShells posted:

I've been off twitter for a grip but my impression of Weigel was always that he's in a weird middle ground between standard lib and podcast-left. like, he agrees enough with Chapo's positions to go on their show, but there's definitely points of disagreement between them if you're following him separately from his Chapo appearances

he thinks hes lester bangs but hes somehow fatter and greasier and thats all you need to know

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

white people love beyonce so much its awful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shout out to all the poor black girls who have been compared to beyonce in the bedroom by white guys. real grim poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its a thing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

quote:

In the chaos after the shooting, a child who was struck by a police vehicle suffered a broken leg, he said.

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol 14% over 5 years (2.8% per years) is less than your typical cost of living increase. hell the cpi reached 6-7% or more during the pandemic years alone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/machineiv/status/1778408076632031677?t=_fq37BG-pHi-cIj5hjRFCA&s=19

Like what is the difference. Why should Biden get a second term for failing (or refusing) to stop it during his first term.

i cant believe the gop did all this stuff biden already was fine with

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

OJ Simpson, MF Doom and John Lewis blowing out RBG's back walls in heaven

theyre running a train on ron

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

progressives appear to be calling for unlimited genocide on arabs so id rather not be associated with them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i will never forget colon powell shaking his little anthrax sperm sample at the un

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

god what a power move, having a normal name like colin but forcing everyone to pronounce it as the same thing you poop out of

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

normalish name. ive never met a normal colin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

specifically expressing condolences for oj is very funny to me, great troll

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

latinaux

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

docbeard posted:

I don't have a strong opinion about Sotomayor retiring or not but Supreme Court Justice Kamala Harris would be so loving funny please Santa I've been so good

all rise for justice buttigeig

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

this would be pretty funny too

not as funny as

Justice Hillary

hillary being nominated and being universally rejected by the senate

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hello gay and in texas, i'm al

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

wow that took a weird turn

the western id fears the global south visiting 1/10th of what was visited upon them back

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sooner or later we're going to get back around to "latins" like a 1950s cop would say

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/mcinthedc/status/1778515333994676368

Bismarck set up the Prussian Settlement Commission laying the groundwork for Generalplan Ost lol

These loving people istg

from the perspective of the global south all european leaders and hitler are equivalents

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

generally i find it rude to use someones race as one of their pronouns so i dont do it and the latina/o/x/e/é thing just hasnt come up irl one way or another

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

has anyone suggested genocide joe should resign and be tried at the hague yet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"yes biden is committing a genocide but," is so insanely craven yet youre already seeing it pop up everywhere

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Joementum posted:

i laugh every time i see this picture

lmao this is all stuff i read to appear brainy in middle school

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

one of those is even a comic book!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the picture seems funny but those are absolutely books you could plow through in an afternoon, which is why theyre usually assigned as childrens reading

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

flying to portland just to get a selfie with the communist manifesto

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Scarabrae posted:

I yearn for the two-party farce to end

normally a defeat as humiliating as the dems are heading for this year would cause a revolt within the party, but the party is so captured by people who got extremely rich from the obama recession years and want the party to remain exactly the same as that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Scranton, PA likes genocide? First I've heard of that...

seeing a photograph of bodies ziptied and shot in the head from a mass grave at al shifa hospital and jim facing hard

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Ginsburg died at 87. Sotomayor is about twenty years younger. I'm not at all sure why there's an internet meme going around that she's on the brink of death.

e: Thomas is 75, Alito is 73, Roberts is the same age as Sotomayor and the funny sex number, Kagan is 63

in practice they should all be thinking about retirement but there isn't a whole lot of reason to get mad about Sotomayor specifically

the bigger problem is that biden doesnt even have enough juice in the senate to confirm a nominee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

with his own party no less lmao