Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Still one of my favorite Trump related pieces of media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSuregWhlWk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I look forward to Biden doing nothing on the CTC and people like Will Stancil scolding leftists for not being sufficiently grateful because "democracy is on the line! :qq:".

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Creating a problem through inaction and/or incompetence and then "solving" it neoliberalishly might as well be the mission statement of the democrat party at this point.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm shocked that the architect of the crime bill and genocide in Gaza would be a bigot.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SixteenShells posted:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/left-wing-authoritarians-shutting-down-the-democratic-party.html
https://archive.is/zR1HW

six thousand words that boil down to :mods: because a handful of people aren't falling in line behind party leadership

What a thin skinned bitch.

e:

Chait posted:

The movement could have run an an anti-Israel candidate against Biden but never bothered, no doubt anticipating they would lose.

Coming from a party that had a fake primary and decreed that "Biden is the nominee" no matter what, that's pretty rich. Of course we all know they want the left to run an anti-Israel candidate so that they can be co-opted or their life ruined.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Apr 9, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Sean posted:

From comments in that article:

"The real problem is that their moral outrage is meaningless because it's not accompanied by a workable alternative. Everyone hates innocent people getting killed in war, but if there is no other choice, what's the point of whining about it? To prove your moral superiority?"

When your convictions are on sale to the highest bidder, the idea of having real deeply held convictions for which you're willing to go balls to the wall must seem like an alien concept.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The mistake was Biden's dad not pulling out.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

pencilhands posted:

has anyone here actually tried jenis splendid ice cream? is it good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HVi5Kt--64

No.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

Families of 9/11 victims are urging Congress to pass a bill that would reauthorize the nation’s warrantless surveillance powers, warning that a failure to do so will put Americans at risk of another terrorist attack.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4585360-families-911-victims-urge-congress-pass-fisa-bill/

https://x.com/thehill/status/1778126400072962400

It's not often that I agree with Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan and Marjorie Taylor Green, but they're 100% correct in their opposition to this poo poo bill. According to Green, the bill includes a carveout for members of congress - they get warrant protection for government spying, but we peasants do not.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 20:23 on Apr 10, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I've never had caviar, so I guess I won't vote for Genocide Joe...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

this clip is good bc the youngs have some powerful arguments against vbnmw & also bc the cnn interviewer tries her best to get them to see the folly of their ways but to no avail.

https://twitter.com/CaseStudyQB/status/1778088792471028150

These kids have come to conclusions that it took me years to figure out on my own. Good for them.

e: I'm slightly disappointed that they didn't answer "Too late" when the CNN interviewer asked what Butcher Biden could do to earn their vote, but that's a very minor nitpick from someone who's twice their age and becoming a curmudgeonly cynic in his middle age.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Apr 10, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

by saying it'd take the u.s. to stop giving money to israel they were p. much saying "too late" but in any case the biden idea of a ceasefire (hamas gives back hostages while israel refortifies itself in order to destroy rafah) is far too different from the youngs' idea of a ceasefire (israel is precluded from doing more damage to palestinian people & their infrastructure), if I may be so bold as to intuit what they (I) want.

Very true. The administration keeps playing PR games where they say poo poo like, "We want a permanent ceasefire for six weeks!". A very stupid strategy, since around 70% of Americans are watching the Gaza situation closely, and they'll notice when no progress is being made.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ironically, the only way to beat the system is to continue participating it like a 'normie' voter.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ham Equity posted:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4586780-senate-democrats-baffled-by-calls-for-sotomayor-to-step-aside/

Yeah, I just can't imagine why after the RBG thing and then the Feinstein thing people wouldn't want soon-to-be septuagenarians in spots that get lifetime appointments coming into an election where their side is likely to lose.

The 77-year-old, 65-year-old, and 74-year old quoted in this piece are understandably confused (given their age).

They're paid very good money not to ever learn any lessons from recent history.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No doubt Gore would have felt like he "had" to invade to "prove" that democrats can be tough against "America's enemies".

Also, just heard that Nordberg OJ died.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"If I Kicked It (The Bucket)"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

pencilhands posted:

Many young voters dislike both Biden and Donald Trump and aren't going to vote. A very polite way of expressing this is that some are what are euphemistically called "low-information voters" and blame Biden for things he can't control. It's like: "I read all about the eclipse and wanted to see it but it wasn't available in my state so I am going to blame the president. It's his fault." Many of them have no idea: (1) what Biden tried to do as president and (2) why he couldn't get it.

Kirsten Mansel (23) is a liberal who wants to teach Biden a lesson because he didn't cancel student loans or protect abortion. She is willing to accept a Trump presidency to stick it to Biden because she is angry. Maybe somebody ought to tell her that Biden tried to cancel student loans but the Supreme Court, full of Republican appointees, said he didn't have the authority to do that, and nevertheless he is trying to do what he can on the interest on the loans and other things. While he or she is at it, maybe someone should tell Kirsten that only Congress can make a law making abortion legal nationwide and all Republicans oppose that, so the votes aren't there.

Evergreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHouxwLbBWw

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shageletic posted:

Are they trying to water down the definition of antisemitism?

Absolutely they are, because if Jewish people believe that Jews are unsafe due to """""antisemitisim""""", they'll buy into Israel as a project.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Liberals think there's a movement behind Biden, but turns out that it's the one Joe just did in his adult diaper.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Latine" sounds like a brand name for sparkling water.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0nUzhp1urg

Taibbi is right.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

B-b-but warrant requirements were tying the hands of our brave members of the intelligence community :qq:

Yeah....Glenn's 100% right.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

To quote a famous philosopher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g7otx-Es-Q

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It really says a lot that I agreed with Tucker Carlson, Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan and Marjorie Taylor Greene on FISA reauthorization and not your average spook-worshiping succdem. The arrogance of the deep state coming right out and saying that obtaining warrants to spy on average Americans was "tying their hands" was breathtaking in its brazenness.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Name a major issue of the past fifty years and odds are Joe loving Biden was probably on the wrong side of it. Complete piece of poo poo.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nichael posted:

his biden family mortality policy. do better bitch.

His political career is about to be as dead as Beau.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"For the first time". Uh huh.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

Don't cry for her, alexandria; she has plenty of money on hand.

Nice work if you can get it. Making money doing nothing, exempting yourself from warrantless surveillance requirements....life must be great for elites in congress.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"But TWUMP!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 21:10 on Apr 13, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The cope is strong with that one. There's long been a maxim in politics: if you're explaining, you're losing. No one cares what the YoY inflation numbers were under Reagan or Clinton; they care what's happening with their pocketbooks in the here and now.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

he's not up for a tv speech but he's still working hard, thank u!

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1779289588890010044

Probably had to convince the old gently caress that Lawrence Welk was playing on a TV in the Situation Room to get gramps in there.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Uh oh....Iran better watch out; Jersey Shore folks are on the case!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Excelzior posted:

Biden outraged at being expected to be President on the weekend

It's past gramps' bedtime. He'll need an extra large glass of Metamucil to deal with this.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It really is amazing how much more lucid and competent Biden seemed four short years ago.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Biden feeds on the tears and suffering of Palestinian children.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Best Friends posted:

This is, like many things one can remember or observe with one’s own senses, misinformation

Biden was never competent. Four Pinocchios!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Anything less than total capitulation would have been seen by the sociopaths in Biden's administration as "disproportionate". At least, for now, cooler heads seem to be prevailing and they're not looking to get swept into a fight with Iran.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

His entire premise for the first election was to provide a stabilizing presence to restore global and domestic legitimacy to the united states

:laffo:

Mission accomplished, Joe!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Probably Magic posted:

I honestly have come around to thinking Biden wins because America has no appetite for change as shown by just copying 2020's match-up and also would never do something as funny as Grover Cleveland Trump. Irrelevant to me, I'm voting Stein either way, and it's a shitshow regardless. But I guarantee I've thought more about what a Biden 2nd term can mean than your average VBNMW. They're all absolutely convinced Trump has already won, they just want an early start on punching left.

I'm not sure which way the election will go, but I have my doubts that brown people being genocided will be enough for a depressingly large number of Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

That's right. Trump was the shock to the system, but now that everyone is numb Biden is doing a lot of what Trump was doing anyway.