Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

quote:

Assuming this isn't a SYQ, lol at the idea of a ban of "black history", which would require some sort of legal definition, ditto "racial disharmony" - in the US of all places. Banning immorality requires the court to take a position on morality, which is also pretty funny and unenforceable, especially in contemporary America.

Lmao no they don’t. They can absolutely just do some nebulous “community standards” thing specifically designed to be vague and open to abuse. That’s how censorship laws have always worked in this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Uncle Wemus posted:

“There’s an unspoken consensus about the stories we should pursue and how they should be framed. It’s frictionless—one story after another about instances of supposed racism, transphobia, signs of the climate apocalypse, Israel doing something bad, and the dire threat of Republican policies. It’s almost like an assembly line. “
https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how-npr-lost-americas-trust

That dude looks like Jeffrey Epsteins uglier brother

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

netizen posted:

Does Biden understand that his is president right now?

I remember in 2020 someone saying Trump’s campaign message was “This stuff wouldn’t be happening if I was president!” I guess that’s going to be the best the incumbent can do for the foreseeable future.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Imagine if Trump inherits WW3 from Biden.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Man I do not feel good about Joe Biden being president at this moment.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Or put the slightest thought into how other people's problems come to exist.

The problem even comes from how boys aren't really raised so much as kept alive and vaguely presentable to adulthood.

I think a bigger issue is that if you start dating a 20 year old man, when you break up with him three years later he’s probably going to be significantly better at taking care of himself than when the relationship started no matter what you did, because he’s not 20 years old anymore.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

paranoid randroid posted:

John, it's your cousin Marvin Birch. You know that raving xenophobe sound you've been looking for?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There's been guys getting signatures to put RFK on the ballot at my local Target for a few days now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

silicone thrills posted:

Its something to do i suppose.

I signed

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I do think Harris could win the election if Biden died by the end of May.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It would turn the age thing from Biden's biggest weakness to Trump's. But it has to be early enough that Harris feels like the candidate by the election. If Biden dies too late she'll still feel like the replacement in November

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Some Guy TT posted:

you signed right

Of course

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

How the gently caress can anyone listen to Biden speak and think this is OK? It doesn't matter what he's talking about, just listen to his voice. He is too old. How are people denying that?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I think the election is going to be a lot closer than you guys are predicting.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I fear that the Democrat scheme of keeping Trump on trial until the election will be effective.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

fits my needs posted:

yeah like, is the plan to drum up the libs to go vote after trump is let off because of that one juror finance guy that gets his news from truthsocial?

Even if he’s totally exonerated, all these trials are going to massively limit his ability to campaign.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

DoubleDonut posted:

whoever wins.. we lose

yeah but I want Joe Biden to lose

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

pencilhands posted:

Whats up with kamala laughing hysterically after literally everything she says anyway

Is there some kind of psychological reason, I used to work with someone who did the same thing

In Kamala's case I'd bet money that early in her career someone said she comes across as too stern, she should try laughing sometimes to soften her image and now she just does it as a reflex

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah she helped create the context into which obama could sell his plan to staff the gov with conservatives

That’s not even what the book is about! Lincoln’s “team of rivals” were political rivals from his own party. They were rivals in terms of personal career advancement. Which is very different from Obama staffing his administration with people politically opposed to the stuff Obama himself had ran on!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Thoguh posted:

By November every CSPAM poster will have self radicalized in to voting for Trump and also converting to Islam.

I actually did download Duolingo Arabic but gave up after like 30 seconds.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i don't care. you can't make me read about will stancil you stupid rear end in a top hat

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That’s actually not bad for 1994

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

1glitch0 posted:

The New York Times vastly misunderstands what I need to know about the 2024 Met Gala.

I have a joke but I’m pretty sure it would count as an actionable threat.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I don't think that's the case

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Joementum posted:

i MAY not be Alicia KEYS but this girl IS on fire!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Echo Chamber posted:

I think for some liberals "voting for Jill Stein" doesn't mean literally voting for Jill Stein.

I de-based myself in 2016 by being a Bernie-to-Hillary voter. I was quite annoying about it on Facebook on keeping the Trump genie in the bottle and not supporting a third party. Yet, I apparently retroactively voted for Jill Stein by consistently posting critical stuff about Dems since then. (I voted PSL in 2020, but I don't think liberals even have a framework for understanding that 3rd party candidates besides the Greens exist.)

The obvious lesson to take from this is you should just actually vote for Jill Stein.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Nichael posted:

weird because my politics are stewie griffin politics

Is that what it’s called when you yell “drat you, vile woman!” every time you see a picture of Hillary Clinton?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It’s really important to note that they didn’t actually codify same sex marriage, they just made it so states have to recognize same sex marriages performed in other states. Which arguably just removes potential headaches should gay marriage be turned back into a state by state issue.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

BadOptics posted:

I personally like how he's portrayed in the John Adams series (i.e. loving bat poo poo insane).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaWBs46USqE

Why’d they cast a white guy to play Hamilton?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Bald Stalin posted:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-WB-68594

I like to click the Report button on the few actually good posts in D&D I/P thread and they're always already reported.

I’ve been saying for years that if you report a post you should be required to say what punishment the post deserves, and if mods disagree that punishment is applied to you.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Bel Shazar posted:

Presumably like 10,000 are stuck on the island for now... iirc that's the only way on/off.

Nah there’s another bridge at the western tip of the island. It’s one lane each way and is as far away from where everyone lives on the island as possible and puts you in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, but still!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sullat posted:

I think you're thinking of Galveston island as opposed to Pelican island

Oh. I don’t know anything about Pelican Island.