Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

super sweet best pal posted:

Still hilarious that when this finally worked in Nevada the Dems went nuclear and will probably lose the state to Trump.

Now you got Jackie Rosen making ads about she bravely stood up to her own party to give more money to cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

loquacius posted:

:dafuq:

Dolly signed off on this?

There’s like 500 different covers of that song and I’m pretty sure she’s gotten paid for all of them. She also supports it because she’s impossibly nice.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I always love when a pop star is like "I'm gonna put out a country album now" and writes the most surface level garbage and puts on a slight twang and calls it a day

if you're gonna really stretch yourself artistically work with like... The Handsome Family or something

I assume she went with Dolly since she is the new pop culture Betty White person that everyone loves, and doesn’t know any other country artists.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Willa Rogers posted:

why does it cut off where it does? I wanted to see his answer.

lol at this reply, tho:

https://twitter.com/PodcastEnjoyer2/status/1778835587052515581

It’s always fun to see how mad politicians get when they’re asked questions by people who’s job isn’t dependent on them maintaining access

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I’ve never wanted the time I spent reading a book given back to me more than when they actually showed how lame the Crimson King was and then he simply got Duck Amok’d out of existence by a character introduced five seconds earlier. How the gently caress do you go with that?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

She lies and says she's in love with him,

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

The Oldest Man posted:

mainstream dems got totally outflanked by the left in nevada and the party elites responded by ripping the copper wiring out of the walls and pissing on the floor on their way out of the building https://theintercept.com/2021/03/08/nevada-democratic-party-dsa/

democrats have absolutely no intention of ever letting their progressive "wing" touch the levers of power under any circumstances and if you grab the brass ring somewhere you'll find that it was quietly hooked up to a car battery while you weren't looking

Doesn’t matter, the progressives that got elected did absolutely nothing or even attempt to.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
There is no phrase that better encapsulates the uselessness of the dem party than “good trouble”.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The real genocide was the respect we lost along the way

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
We’re so hosed if we lose our democratic right to have some electoral college guys maybe vote for one of the two people we’re allowed to vote for if they feel like it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

my bony fealty posted:

Always funny when liberals boast about caring about their fake right to vote and not caring about tens of thousands of dead children

lol, what possibly could have happened in the last few months to make people want to protest the thousand year old war over seas like it’s a new thing??? :iiam:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

maybe this has been asked —— has obama tried calling any of the protestors and ask them to stop?

He needs to offer the ultimate olive branch: turning NBA arenas into polling locations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
At least he reversed course on menthol cigarettes since I assume his racist rear end thinks that’s all he needs to do to secure the black vote.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

The first time my simple, naive rear end read this one Twitter, my immediate thought was “lol, no way that’s true.”

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

“My politics are wanting to believe Bernie is a misogynist for running against Hillary and Liz and I have thought about literally nothing else.”

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Must call him Momala, Mark.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
What kind of passive aggressive poo poo is (legally required to include stop to stop)

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nichael posted:

they 100% do not have to say "legally required" and it's awkward as hell to say that. I've never even seen that before, normal people just say "stop to stop"

coconut tree vibes, yassss

I always see it as Stop 2 Stop, which I always assumed was to make it a little more nebulous so people don’t know what it means. Or maybe it’s an SMS character count thing.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nichael posted:

It's an SMS character count thing. It charges more "per segment" of text, not per individual text. Each segment is some length of characters I'm blanking on (probably varies from system to system too). That said, long texts can be weirdly expensive, while short texts are relatively cheap.

Texts for at least voter identification are functionally useless. Texts for fundraising and specific asks (like "attend this event") are better on returns.

That’s weird to me though since these texts are always eight paragraphs long about STOPPING MAGA

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Every sentence in this tweet is just incredible

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nichael posted:

It means:

1) They're amateur writers (what a shock that Ducklo and ACA Hot Chocolate Pajama Boy can't write!)

2) They've got money to burn and do not care (the Democrat Party!)

3) The returns on fundraising make this somehow appropriate.

Yes but then they’re trying to save money by saying 2 instead of “to” all of a sudden at the end? It’s gotta be to try and make it just a little more confusing.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Finally a new queen to dethrone occupy democrats as the dumbest poo poo around

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Has anything good on Drake come out yet?

https://x.com/bigtechalert/status/1787592090823635127?s=46&t=FB94Wa7qqx0X3Cy8Z1P0nw

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
lol she’s been blocking anyone asking what her job is.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Scarabrae posted:

so the US is totally going to just let Israel march into Rafah while shooting and starving 2 million people?

this after I’ve had to end a few friendships after using the word zionist to describe the perpetrators of these warcrimes, and after using the word Zionists the whitest of liberals look at me like I just dropped the Nword in casual dinner conversation, this of course after they completely and totally forget that my wife is Palestinian and tried educating us on the subject that really this all their fault.

So I tell my buddy to finish eating and then leave without an explanation or argument because it’s simply not worth my time any longer.

I’m so loving tired and angry all the time.

I got told by a buddy just last week that saying “from the river to the sea” is just as bad as the Nword.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://x.com/cam_oflage/status/1788266283173290414?s=46&t=FB94Wa7qqx0X3Cy8Z1P0nw

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Why on earth would you admit to that

Dude saw a lady talking about murdering her puppy and thought we were in the sharing circle.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I wonder how increasingly isolated he’ll be this time around!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Don’t let perfect be the enemy of deez nuts

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It’s important have faith in the process that gives us two people no one wants to vote for who are on the same team.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://x.com/briannawu/status/1790897367262085427?s=46&t=FB94Wa7qqx0X3Cy8Z1P0nw

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Srice posted:

What's everyone's favorite insane lie about China. Personally, mine is the idea that it's illegal to put time travel in Chinese fiction. Something very easily disproven with a second of googling, yet it somehow pops up every now and then.

I worked at a restaurant where costumers kept complaining that our chicken wings have gotten way smaller. The owner wanted us to tell people that complained that China was buying up all the good wings and there was nothing we could do. Of course no one did that:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SixteenShells posted:

wait why ARE chicken wings are like half the size they used to be, does anyone know

Because like everything else, companies want to charge more and offer less. Once sales number went down and a billion people complained, he started buy the good wings again. He was still somehow mad at China about it though.

CubanMissile has issued a correction as of 17:50 on May 17, 2024

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I imagine a lot of jobs we consider “lovely” would be quite relaxing if we weren’t constantly worried about paying bills, not getting fired for smiling wrong, or having management constantly breathing down your neck making you say things and behave in ways no human would ever want to because they think it would make them an extra buck.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Lately I feel like therapy is a cudgel liberals are using to brow beat people in ignoring that material conditions are actually getting much worse, and it’s some sort of one weird trick to recommend to people so that they just magically become happy despite everything that’s going on.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Probably Magic posted:

It's not prescribed in good faith, and I say that as someone who's in therapy and benefiting from it. But when the average liberal deploys concern trolling about therapy, it's just their passive aggressive way of saying "skill issue." Amber Frost really hit it on the head when she described Warren supporters back in 2019 as people who will sympathetically listen to your sob story, but as soon as you leave the room, mock you behind your back for your inability to succeed in hellish America. After all, their main issue was "hard working" people not getting awarded. They're thinking of themselves. People who are doing worse than them? Just not working hard enough. So for them, therapy is basically the culturally neutral equivalent of "Bless their heart."

Thank you, this is exactly what I was getting at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

VitalSigns posted:

Nope they don't have humanoid robots that can replace people. Data is the only one, and he was created by an eccentric mad scientist, and they don't know how to make more. They do make more decades later in Picard but then they're all destroyed and banned.

They do use sentient hologram slaves but apparently not in the few restaurants and bars we see.

I imagine they have some pretty dope roombas.