Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I was a good high school wrestler and have been a wrestling coach for 15 years or so and let me tell you that it has given me the ability to beat the poo poo out of anybody. Just absolutely destroying fools, lat drops and souffles all over the place.

I bet your tough as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't even know strategically HOW to fight a wrestler, and I've thought about it. The best ones I assume are coming in low and hard as a grapple move and what's my counter??

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

redshirt posted:

I don't even know strategically HOW to fight a wrestler, and I've thought about it. The best ones I assume are coming in low and hard as a grapple move and what's my counter??

knee to the face if they go too low I suppose, but a good wrestler'll take you down anyway

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

redshirt posted:

The Grandmaster's advice for the best defense: Get away

Didn't sun tzu say that the only battle that has truly been won is the battle that was never fought?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Sun Tzu? Who'd he ever beat?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Didn't sun tzu say that the only battle that has truly been won is the battle that was never fought?

I never met the guy.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I'd have to go with wrestling as the default win. Once you're down on the mat those people are like magicians. Wrestling magicians. I also have mad respect for hitting, just straight up boxing. Punch a fool in the face; and if they're not a trained fighter, the fight is over.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Probably not, but i was a very angry kid so I fought other kids. I do recall literally seeing red and not feeling any pain during a fight.

Only thing I fight now is my expanding gut and weed addiction.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Rags to Liches posted:

knee to the face if they go too low I suppose

It's this, works as intended.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

redshirt posted:

You need projectiles. Stock up on arrows and lances.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
If Sun Tzu was here, I'd kick his rear end and make him take it back.

"I take it back!!!" Sun Tzu would say.

:smug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

You need projectiles. Stock up on arrows and lances.

Well, no. Everything in this thread is just one person to another. If I wanted a POCKET SAND fighting thread I'd spell that out, thanks. :)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

redshirt posted:

Well, no. Everything in this thread is just one person to another. If I wanted a POCKET SAND fighting thread I'd spell that out, thanks. :)

"This is not how Miyamato Musashi would approach things. The boneyard is filled with honorable men who believed in fair fights op."
~Sun Tzu

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

"This is not how Miyamato Musashi would approach things. The boneyard is filled with honorable men who believed in fair fights op."
~Sun Tzu

Wise.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ive still got a gun
dont come any closer or ill shoot

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Ethics question: If you were in a fight another person started for no good reason, where no one was watching and you knocked them down/out, would you grab their wallet and take any cash they had on them? Leaving the rest of the wallet behind of course.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Internetjack posted:

Ethics question: If you were in a fight another person started for no good reason, where no one was watching and you knocked them down/out, would you grab their wallet and take any cash they had on them? Leaving the rest of the wallet behind of course.

Yes, gently caress-around-find-out tax

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i'll fight anyone ITT

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Can I fight at this age today?

Buddy I can't even fight off a bout of bad diarrhea without crying like an angry seal.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i'll fight anyone ITT

don't come near me
I'll shoot

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Internetjack posted:

Years of video gaming have taught me the spoils go to the victor

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Smugworth posted:

don't come near me
I'll shoot

whoah easy now

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Internetjack posted:

How do you think we fund this little operation? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Internetjack posted:

Probably not, but I likely would boot them or give a couple extra shots to the head and tell them to be careful who they start poo poo with because the bext person might do a lot worse to them than me.

Also im not that good at fighting, so if i was able to kick their rear end, then they really should think about their life choices.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Reminding me of Master Wong, the hilarious south London martial arts guy on youtube, who absolutely recommends looting your defeated opponents.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm not afraid to use this!! I'll shoot I swear

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Smugworth posted:

don't come near me
I'll shoot

Bang Bang Skeet Skeet This is America! Gunfightin' time!

naem
May 29, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

Sun Tzu? Who'd he ever beat?

ancient Chinese bureaucracy and nepotism (by selling them self help books)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
The last fight I was in was in third grade. It was against Kevin Hester. All day long we'd find each other and be like, "Remember: The playground. After school. BE THERE."

When we showed up to fight, a huge crowd of kids had gathered around. I hadn't been in a "fight" since kindergarten, and I had seen a lot of movies and had developed a sense of personal honor about this time, so being the gentleman that I was, I went to meet Kevin and go over the rules. But then Kevin punched me in the stomach, and then kicked me in the shin. I fell on the ground and he kicked he three or four more times in the stomach, and then two of his friends kicked my head and back, and then everyone ran away.

Anyway, that's what I'm bringing to the table if you need some muscle.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Internetjack posted:

No, but I would throw any keys they had, their phone and bank cards on the nearest roof or down a drain.

Edit: their shoes too.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 17, 2024

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I don't wanna brag but, I've taken a semester of kar-a-tay :smug:

Paperboy
Nov 20, 2018

:shepface:
I can fight real good in my head in the waiting room when I'm bored. Other than that, no. Fighting is scary, everyone knows that.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Probably not anymore. I'm too slow and lazy. But I used to get in some kerfuffles here and there. Back when I played super important sports, fighting was a thing that just happened. Once a week we used to have 'helmets and gloves' brackets where we punched each other in the head for a while.

I've gotten my rear end kicked a few more times than I've kicked asses, which is an important character building things I've been told?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

credburn posted:

The last fight I was in was in third grade. It was against Kevin Hester. All day long we'd find each other and be like, "Remember: The playground. After school. Be there

God that reminded me of this kid in grade 2.
Almost every day this one kids would come up to me, or I'd come up to him and one or both of us would say "you're dead after school" sometimes we'd say it at the same time.

We'd fight after school for like 5 minutes or 10 minutes, mostly trying to kick each other and maybe some half assed punches.

These days saying "you're dead after school" would get us both arrested.
But it wad like 1986 or so. So nobody really cared. What a time to be alive.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I know judo

Judon't know if I got a knife :ese:
Judon't know if I got a gun :blastu:

:hehe:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I prefer to let my sparkling conversational skills get me out of jams.

*gets stabbed by a hobo*

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

credburn posted:

The last fight I was in was in third grade. It was against Kevin Hester. All day long we'd find each other and be like, "Remember: The playground. After school. BE THERE."

When we showed up to fight, a huge crowd of kids had gathered around. I hadn't been in a "fight" since kindergarten, and I had seen a lot of movies and had developed a sense of personal honor about this time, so being the gentleman that I was, I went to meet Kevin and go over the rules. But then Kevin punched me in the stomach, and then kicked me in the shin. I fell on the ground and he kicked he three or four more times in the stomach, and then two of his friends kicked my head and back, and then everyone ran away.

Anyway, that's what I'm bringing to the table if you need some muscle.

This reminds me of when I thought I was going to win a fight with Dan Brindley, who was the biggest kid in school, but he had a broken arm at the time so I figured he'd be a walkover. Anyway he brought a mate who pushed me over a wall, which was a nice introduction to not taking things for granted in a fight.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Some dipshit kid was harassing my neighborhood friends when I was 13 years old. He was 13 as well. I knew who he was but he didn't live anywhere near our neighborhood. No Idea why he was there; and was generally regarded as a jerk. Pretty certain he had a horrible/abusive home life. My friends were about 10 and 12, and were super cool fun people.
I go over to see what is up. I end up telling him to leave and he's not welcome. He slammed the front tire of his bike on my foot, and amazingly it did not hurt at all. I just stared at him and he finally declared that he was leaving but that he knew Tom "beats the poo poo out of kids" who was 16, had already served time in juvie, and he was going to get him to whoop my rear end.

Sure enough, Tom confronts me at my locker in between classes, and tells me that we are going to meet at the "old sev" after class and fight. The old sev, was an old 7-11 that had been closed for years. It was a notorious place for fights. My path home took me right passed it. I was most definitely not going to ride my bike past it, so I went the opposite direction and circled around an entire neighborhood to get home. I made it in time to have some pizza bread and watch Transformers and GI Joe cartoons while working on my homework.

The next day my friend was all, "Why didn't you show-up for the fight?!?! Everyone was there!" "Uh, 'cause I didn't want to get my rear end kicked?"

I dodged the guy for the next few days and managed to not get my rear end kicked. He eventually lost interest.

That's been my fighting experience for the most part, knowing and learning how to avoid a fight.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Back when I was a pre teen, my best friend and I were getting bullied by this kid who was a couple years older than us.

We were just nerdy kids, so we didn't really know how to handle it. Later on, his mom saw the kid picking on us and she grabbed him by the back of his shirt, yelled at him and walked him all the way back to his parents while he wailed and cried.

So I guess my go to fighting stance is to have my friend's mom kick your rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Kevin Hester, Dan Brindley. I love how people will remember and use the full, real, legal names of everybody involved in elementary and middle school stories. Kevin's probably an insurance claims adjuster or some poo poo. Dan probably distributes industrial strength washers and dryers.

My family moved quite far away from my childhood home, so I have no idea what Doug Smith and Courtney Johnson ended up doing. I remember Doug was the only kid in our class that we knew of whose parents were, gasp, DIVORCED.