Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

gently caress yea here we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Sounds like McQuerty hosed around, found out.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

So your fault? You instigated the fight?

I aggressively said words at someone who had spent some time prior antagonizing me in my house, and his response was to punch me in the face with a ring, totally loving blasting my face with a bruise.

My response was to gently caress up his face and destroy hundreds of dollars worth of his clothing and call him a loser while I went inside my house to fix myself, while he was jumping around shirtless in the parking lot.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Qwerty keeps it fuckin real unlike y'all cowards

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Keep talkin that poo poo out the side of your neck see what happens

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

It was not a proud or positive moment in anyone's life

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

It was not a proud or positive moment in anyone's life

Well, let's try and take some positives from it. How would you rate your own fight performance? Where can you improve?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I'm curious why he was in your house in the first place. Sounds like you never liked each other.

Was he an in-law or something?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Well, let's try and take some positives from it. How would you rate your own fight performance? Where can you improve?

Taking haymakers without reacting then horse collaring someone's shirt and jacket off them seems to work

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
I ended up at a house after the pub with two of the girl who invited me out’s acquaintances the other week, loads of drinking, she was conked out and these two guys were taking the piss, calling me arrogant (correct, I prob didn’t give a gently caress about them at the time), too alpha male (really) and one of them - a mid 40s birthday boy no less, having a problem with my wearing of jogging bottoms like we haven’t just fell out of the local shithole.

I basically had enough and took my phone and wallet out of my pockets and started to take off my coat. Declaring yes in fact I was ready to fight the pair of them right now if this was going to carry on. Oh no they didn’t really want to fight, as it happened. By why lads? If you’re going to talk loving poo poo I’m not going to have it.

So they stopped talking at all and had to listen me blasting jump up drum and bass for the rest of the night.

That’s my recent fight story. I met the girl for a quick pint last Sunday and one of the dudes was in the (different) pub, she said he said he doesn’t remember a thing but I walked past him in the toilets and he loving does lol.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

isaboo posted:

I have a black belt in BJJ. The other arts I enjoy and teach don't have belts, but have titles for instructors. I'm an Ajarn in muay Thai, Lakan Guro in Kali, and Pembantu Guru in Silat.

You'd definitely beat my rear end but it would be a fun rumble.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Bible posted:

You'd definitely beat my rear end but it would be a fun rumble.

What's your background?

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

redshirt posted:

If push comes to shove and the poo poo is on the line, can you fight?

I mean, I'm out of shape and fat... but....

I have been in MANY fights in my life time
I play for keeps
I am trained in Army combatives, some fundamentals of Judo and knife fighting, and a little MMA.
I can take a good punch. Have many times.

So.... probably?

[Edit]: As a general rule I don't like to get to that point these days, it's potentially career and life ending, and it's just not worth it. But if pushed, all things are possible.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 10, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

I mean, I'm out of shape and fat... but....

I have been in MANY fights in my life time
I play for keeps
I am trained in Army combatives, some fundamentals of Judo and knife fighting, and a little MMA.
I can take a good punch. Have many times.

So.... probably?

Have you faced THE poo poo?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Cabal Ties posted:

So they stopped talking at all and had to listen me blasting jump up drum and bass for the rest of the night.

You sound cool homie, let's hang out.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

redshirt posted:

Have you faced THE poo poo?

Depends. Had my life threatened? Twice. Defend myself in my own home in a fist fight, at least once. Win every fight I've been in? Not a fuckin' chance. I know this is a shitpost thread, but real talk, what would you define as THE poo poo?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

Depends. Had my life threatened? Twice. Defend myself in my own home in a fist fight, at least once. Win every fight I've been in? Not a fuckin' chance. I know this is a shitpost thread, but real talk, what would you define as THE poo poo?

To the death. A fight you must fight.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I quietly plot, I just got a note from my neighbor beseeching me to reach out to him before emailing his tenants employer about their illegally parked company car again. What he doesn't know is I already got an email from a VP at his home lender saying yes, they very much would like to know that their client took out an owner occupied home loan and immediately rented the house out because I pulled his house note from the county recorder.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

redshirt posted:

To the death. A fight you must fight.

I've been fortunate (or unfortunate?) that both times my life was threatened were with handguns, not in a fight for my life. But I WOULD fight that fight, to be certain.

I didn't count the time the cops drew on me after asking for my ID when I was 17, so I guess that's three times I've had guns pointed at me.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Three Olives posted:

I quietly plot, I just got a note from my neighbor beseeching me to reach out to him before emailing his tenants employer about their illegally parked company car again. What he doesn't know is I already got an email from a VP at his home lender saying yes, they very much would like to know that their client took out an owner occupied home loan and immediately rented the house out because I pulled his house note from the county recorder.

3O have you been in a fight ever?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Gonna beseech and find out

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

I've been fortunate (or unfortunate?) that both times my life was threatened were with handguns, not in a fight for my life. But I WOULD fight that fight, to be certain.

I didn't count the time the cops drew on me after asking for my ID when I was 17, so I guess that's three times I've had guns pointed at me.

For one glorious moment I fought every cop the City of Boston could throw at me.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

redshirt posted:

For one glorious moment I fought every cop the City of Boston could throw at me.

Didn't know GTA had a Boston entry.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

Didn't know GTA had a Boston entry.

I tossed the EMTs aside easily of course, and then waves of cops melting off me like an ice breaker in the North Sea....

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Yeah I remember when the Sox won the Series

I've had a knife pulled on me, and had several shoving matches, but no genuine fights with strangers. I used to get drunk and wrestle my friends to the ground when I was in my early/mid twenties, but they eventually gave up fighting back because they never won

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009
I only fight for my right to party!

… also fighting alcoholism at the moment.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

Yeah I remember when the Sox won the Series

I've had a knife pulled on me, and had several shoving matches, but no genuine fights with strangers. I used to get drunk and wrestle my friends to the ground when I was in my early/mid twenties, but they eventually gave up fighting back because they never won

Which year? 2004?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Which year? 2004?

Yeah 2004. I was living in San Diego it and was like Southie spilled on the streets

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

Yeah 2004. I was living in San Diego it and was like Southie spilled on the streets

Nice. I was living right next to Fenway. The World Series was a strange Coda to the actual spiritual victory, which was coming back against the Yankees down 3-0.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I could back then, idk about now

I'll at least make it annoying for them cause imma poopy my pants

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ATTN: REAL ADVICE

The first move I will always make in any sort of confrontation or fight is a block. I will block their flailing hook, their angry charge, their raised gun.

The block is the best offense in a fight. If it works, your opponent is now wide open to any kind of counter punch you'd like.

For example: Bar Bro charges with a right hook.

Blocked with a left upper forearm block. Leaving that bro fully open for a counterstrike of whatever I choose. Like a quick jab to the chin or nose.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

redshirt posted:

ATTN: REAL ADVICE

The first move I will always make in any sort of confrontation or fight is a block. I will block their flailing hook, their angry charge, their raised gun.

The block is the best offense in a fight. If it works, your opponent is now wide open to any kind of counter punch you'd like.

For example: Bar Bro charges with a right hook.

Blocked with a left upper forearm block. Leaving that bro fully open for a counterstrike of whatever I choose. Like a quick jab to the chin or nose.

I'm different. I usually try to crowd the opponent, provided there are no weapons involved (and possible if melee weapons are). Closer you are, the less power your oponent can put into their punches/swings, in most cases. You're not an expert fighter, so you are GOING to get punched. Better to get punched where it just gives you a bruise than a potential knockout where you're open and vulnerable. And since most fights end on the ground, you'll already be in a position to be the one in control as that happens.

Entering a fight with open hands rather than closed fists actually isn't a bad idea a lot of times, either, as you can keep yourself open to grapple, deflect, and still be able to punch if you need to.

After all, ultimately, a fist fight that doesn't end in knockout or serious injury just drags on and on. Your're better off trying to get a leg, and arm, or the neck. Barring that, if you can get on top and start controlling their hands, chest, and head, you've most likely won the fght.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 10, 2024

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Take a walk, I got 17 rounds in this Glock.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Szyznyk posted:

Take a walk, I got 17 rounds in this Glock.

That is one solution.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

That is one solution.

It’s why you can’t even have a good old fashioned fist fight anymore.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Szyznyk posted:

It’s why you can’t even have a good old fashioned fist fight anymore.

At least down here in the South, holds true.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Having shot enough in target practice, I know that shooting a target is pretty hard. And doing so while amped up emotionally?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I saw a guy get pepper sprayed at the dog park in San Diego, so I feel like the days of regular fisticuffs are behind us

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

redshirt posted:

Having shot enough in target practice, I know that shooting a target is pretty hard. And doing so while amped up emotionally?

Very true. small guns shoot hard. My snub can be a handful unless shooting wadcutters, for example. But with those, you can just about hipfire and hit, old school FBI style.

But guns are worthless small arms, when you can bring out THE BIG GUNS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I am fairly large, but my pain tolerance is non-existent and I'm naturally cowardly and hate conflict, so, maybe if I was in animal in a corner desperation I could do a thing or two, but odds are no, I cannot fight.

I once read somewhere that the problem with 'fighting' is that even if you learn martial arts or boxing or MMA, even if you're very good at that sort of thing, that it doesn't really prepare you for 'a fight' because you'd normally use what you'd learned in contests where there's a structure and rules, whereas there's no rules in 'a fight'. Hence, the only way to get good at 'fighting' is the same way you get good at anything else; experience, ie, you get into a lot of fights. The problem is, most people's innate empathy means they resist, on some level, hurting their fellow person, so the kind of people who get 'the fighting experience' are the types who have very poor impulse control and low, if non-existent empathy, and against those sorts, you're basically screwed before you start a lot of the time. The best way for the average person to get into such a headspace, ie force down their empathy so they don't hold back, in ANY way, subconscious or not, is to get drunk or thoroughly whacked on some kind of drug. Which is bad for its own obvious reasons.