Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
You know you've found a good self-defense teacher when the first thing you are taught is, "Get a good pair of running shoes".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
I think one of the key principles of any fighting is to move your god-dang feet. Standing in place is pretty much a guarantee to get hit.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
I'd have to go with wrestling as the default win. Once you're down on the mat those people are like magicians. Wrestling magicians. I also have mad respect for hitting, just straight up boxing. Punch a fool in the face; and if they're not a trained fighter, the fight is over.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Ethics question: If you were in a fight another person started for no good reason, where no one was watching and you knocked them down/out, would you grab their wallet and take any cash they had on them? Leaving the rest of the wallet behind of course.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Some dipshit kid was harassing my neighborhood friends when I was 13 years old. He was 13 as well. I knew who he was but he didn't live anywhere near our neighborhood. No Idea why he was there; and was generally regarded as a jerk. Pretty certain he had a horrible/abusive home life. My friends were about 10 and 12, and were super cool fun people.
I go over to see what is up. I end up telling him to leave and he's not welcome. He slammed the front tire of his bike on my foot, and amazingly it did not hurt at all. I just stared at him and he finally declared that he was leaving but that he knew Tom "beats the poo poo out of kids" who was 16, had already served time in juvie, and he was going to get him to whoop my rear end.

Sure enough, Tom confronts me at my locker in between classes, and tells me that we are going to meet at the "old sev" after class and fight. The old sev, was an old 7-11 that had been closed for years. It was a notorious place for fights. My path home took me right passed it. I was most definitely not going to ride my bike past it, so I went the opposite direction and circled around an entire neighborhood to get home. I made it in time to have some pizza bread and watch Transformers and GI Joe cartoons while working on my homework.

The next day my friend was all, "Why didn't you show-up for the fight?!?! Everyone was there!" "Uh, 'cause I didn't want to get my rear end kicked?"

I dodged the guy for the next few days and managed to not get my rear end kicked. He eventually lost interest.

That's been my fighting experience for the most part, knowing and learning how to avoid a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Shatter the ice with your open palm technique