Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i have been in many fights due to being from england, where fighting is much more possible without being shot to death. i grew up in a bad area so got into a lot of fights before I got puberty and started working out (which has reduced the amount of fights substantially). I would not say I am good at fighting, but I can fight if need be and like I am not surprised by the circumstances of Fighting

usually my preferred tactic is to avoid fighting via the method of talking. i managed to talk down a mugger at the park during COVID who was sure i was an undercover cop, said he had a knife on him and had called 10 men to back him up, and it ended up with him showing me baby pics of his daughter and me telling him how to spot actual undercover cops. I'm extremely deadpan which works to my advantage as a lot of would-be attackers rely on you looking afraid, and if you do not respond with fear they figure there is a good reason you arent afraid. In my case it is just autism.

i am pretty bad at backing down from fights though, I have a hosed up fight or flight reflex that I have to take medicine for. so I usually try to end them fast by grabbing something and exerting as much force on it as I can, to signal that I am not down for sporting fisticuffs. I have seen guys get kinda hosed up by their training when they assumed a fight was going to operate similarly. Although I'd say being trained is a big advantage over not being trained, not least for just learning how it feels to get hit and not flipping out. But most opponents will lose enthusiasm when you are holding them by something broken or nearly broken. Or have your thumb in their eye.

I've been in one knife fight, but it was a bullshit one when I was a kid. I was like 13ish and a kid I knew from school bumped into me next to a canal and pulled out a stanley/x-acto type knife with the blade extended all the way out to look scary. I moronically grabbed the blade and twisted it out of his hand and very nearly lost the use of my thumb. I was pretty lucky because when I tried to stab him back the tip just caught in the fabric of his jeans and the whole blade snapped off and he ran.

I have done some Silat and also some classes based on like renaissance italian knife fighting, and I will say the difference between a trained and untrained weapon fighter is loving massive. The actual way to fight with a knife, or any weapon, is very counter intuitive. You're like jabbing out and retracting super fast, like starting the stab before you step into the blow. It also seems like something where it is more than possible, in a real situation, for both fighters to just kill each other in the time before either one is fully dead.

My experience overall with fights is that they are embarrassing and best avoided, whether you win or lose. its not like you can just slay a guy, so really youre just gonna end up back to arguing if you arent willing to do jail time, except now you're both still arguing with your clothes jacked up and a cramping back muscle

I once won a fight with a man who was in a car, he drove away after I did not stop trying to fight him after being hit 4 times at low speed. I had thought he was braking bc he was scared to hit me, but it turned out I was just hella wired on adrenaline and did not feel like I got hit as hard as I did. But later on I felt like a guy who got hit by a car 4 times, and my friends who saw me fight the car still thought i was a dickhead even though the other guy started it (called me and my friends the bad f-word after nearly hitting us at a crosswalk, on the anniversary of another friends suicide, then tried to run me over after I told him to gently caress off). I feel like in the middle ages I would ahve been a town hero, but these days you just look like a badly behaved dog out for a walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU