Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
I'm fairly tough, I think? I have a black belt in judo, boxed as a kid and do muay thai now.

Last time I got in a fight was about seven months ago, a guy jumped me from behind and started hammering at my skull with a glass paperweight. I was rocked, but managed to recover and break his jaw, eye socket, nose, two of his ribs and his left wrist. I had choked him unconscious just as the police arrived.

That being said, it was luck. If he'd hit me a bit different, if I'd stumbled on a kerb, if we'd landed differently when I hit harai goshi on him, it could've all went totally differently.

When I go to muay thai, I can hold my own against 70% of the class, and totally dominate maybe 10% of them. The remaining percentage punk on me so hard it's like watching a child try to fight a grownup. There's levels to it, and there's basically zero visual clues as to who can fuckin' kill you and who's a paper tiger - EXCEPT for Samoans and Maoris, never ever fight Samoans and Maoris.

Actually just don't fight anyone. Even if you win you feel like poo poo and your night's ruined. You can do a lot more with a kind word, a low soft tone and a decent 100m sprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU