Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
I got in a fistfight a couple weeks ago, my black eye is almost gone. Dude punched me in the temple with a ring and had to endure the rest of the fight looking at it while I didn't react to it, because my only fight skill is taking hits. He landed another good haymaker on my cheek but I busted his lip on his tooth while spraining my finger, then horse collared him and half-stripped his shirt and jacket off of him before it got broken up.

The last time I got in a fistfight was 17 years ago, and I took exactly the same lesson this time as last: nobody wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Why the fight?

Someone needed to be told they were being disrespectful to my household and myself, and the way I went about it was TELLING THEM WHAT THE gently caress I THINK ABOUT YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

So your fault? You instigated the fight?

I aggressively said words at someone who had spent some time prior antagonizing me in my house, and his response was to punch me in the face with a ring, totally loving blasting my face with a bruise.

My response was to gently caress up his face and destroy hundreds of dollars worth of his clothing and call him a loser while I went inside my house to fix myself, while he was jumping around shirtless in the parking lot.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
It was not a proud or positive moment in anyone's life

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Well, let's try and take some positives from it. How would you rate your own fight performance? Where can you improve?

Taking haymakers without reacting then horse collaring someone's shirt and jacket off them seems to work

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Smugworth posted:

MrQwerty vs Redshirt

My money is on Qwerty personally

Gene vs Redshirt is more age-appropriate, I'm only pushing 40 and I've never bbeen a moderator

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
Lol all that saved me from the ground was dudes disbelief that I wasn't reacting to getting punched in the face and his vanity over his Ross clearance rack poo poo getting torn off him from the neck down by someone he just gave a black eye to, I have Ehlers-Danlos and would prefer to go longer than 20 years between fights (forever if possible).

I heard through the grapevine he was pretty shook that I didn't go down with the first hit because that's his move.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

wesleywillis posted:

Oh hell yeah!! Just the way I likes it!!

Do you integrate forklifts into your fighting style