Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
The Inquisition declared hinges heretical back in M37. It's all sliding doors now.

I didn't know this game existed and if I didn't have other poo poo to do (and, uh, play) right now, I'd probably give it a shot because it seems pretty fun. Add another "this is pretty cool" comment for the destructible terrain. Crushing a bunch of plague-ridden cultists like the bloated cockroaches they are by dropping some saint's statue on them just feels right.

Samovar posted:

It's certainly up there as the worst model GW released, though I'm sure others can find other terrible, terrible models (this piece of crap being a close contender).

Paint that thing red, add a mekboy's special touch, and replace the smurfs with a couple of speed freeks and maybe you could make something out of it? But otherwise, oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
A form of penitence after losing to noise marines, no doubt.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
This just goes to show how powerful the Blessings of the Plaguefather are if they can turn random mooks into beings capable of slowing down grey knights. Contrast that to the long and arduous process of making a single space marine, which was developed by the emperor himself mind you, and you start to wonder if maybe the Chaos Gods are in a class of their own in terms of power and the rewards that They offer.

Not a cultist btw just asking questions here.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Solarium posted:

Now I want a game in the style of the old xcoms but with orks. And have an insane amount of them die charging into battle, but you always just grow new ones and hand them barely functional weapons you scrap together by slapping together various bits of tech you scavenge off the dead.

That's basically how I took care of the final boss when playing the Dawn of War II: Retribution campaign as da boyz. Built nothing but regular boyz with choppas and shootas and sent wave after wave to krump that big stomp bait dweeb.

White Coke posted:

That's a pretty good explanation for why the Grey Knights aren't ripping through dozens of human cultists since normal space marines in lore are supposed to be at least worth ten guardsmen. That and it'd probably get boring if every pod of cultists consisted of forty-nine enemies you needed to kill while they were all but helpless against your men.

Right? Again, not a cultist, hate 'em in fact, but seems to me that if you missed the boat on becoming a space marine when you were young, then accepting the Blessings of the Chaos Gods is probably the only way to have some agency in this dangerous universe instead of spending your entire life being told what to do before being murdered by some random ork. It's a wonder more people aren't taking advantage of that especially since those Blessings are basically given out for free. Or so I've heard.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I would think that things like the multiple Dark Crusades would make Chaos known to even relatively low-ranked people in the imperial guard and the imperial navy. Yeah, they're gigantic decrepit organizations and all that, but having entire sectors being controlled by Chaos and having to bring in half of the segmentum's battle fleet to push it back means word would get around. I think events like the fall of cadia are also known to rank-and-file guardsmen? Or even just the existence of cadia in the first place kind of makes one ask "so what's so important about that place?" and the implications of that. Then there's also the Horus Heresy. The feast of the emperor's ascension is the most important holiday in the imperium so I'm not sure how you'd have that but also simultaneously hide the existence of Chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Groetgaffel posted:

A heretic is anyone who doesn't follow the commands of the Imperial church. Those get public executions.

At no point does capital C Chaos get mentioned.
The inquisition have sterilised entire planets just because the plebs heard something about Chaos.

E: I think it's in hollow mountain, but it's one of the fairly recent books set on Terra.
In any case, there's a parade and they very specifically celebrates the Emperor's nine divine demi-god sons. Horus is mention as a devil defeated by the Emperor.
The public knows nothing about the the Heresy, traitor primarchs, or capital C Chaos.

Huh. I'll accept it as "one of those things" that's part of the lore even though it feels weird to me.