Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
This is a good game and fun, but I never really got a hang of the melee combat. My endgame team mostly just doubled-up on Purgators. The melee was there for chaff and stuns only. The big guns did all the work

DTurtle posted:

I'm guessing that the previous captain or whatever dying happens in the tutorial?

Yeah, your starting strike team and him attack a Khornate stronghold. Your team holds off a bunch of bloodletters while the Force Commander goes toe to toe with a Bloodthirster. He wins, but dies right after from his wounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That is a reason Ector, Lunette and one other character we will meet soon are so annoyed at the Inqusitor. Why are we being forced to sit here mashing dumb cultists the local militia can deal with when the ship needs repair for deployment to an actually Bad Thing?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

There is a whole thing where Those Guys are getting pissed off because Games Workshop is starting to make female Custodes (think super-duper Marines that are part of the Emperor's personal guard) part of the lore. There is a good chance that female Space Marines will happen in the future, as the main reason they didn't exist was to save on model production costs in the 1980s. That isn't an issue with modern tech and modeling tools, especially with how large Games Workshop has grown.

But I think you guys found the real reason that female Marines are going to show up soon. The Space Marines finally invented pockets, and after 40,000 years women realized that having no pockets is not worth it. They demand pockets in clothes and will only do the job if they can get some pockets :v: