Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
It's very funny to me how far they had to scale the grey knights back in order to have an actual game, and I know it made a specific set of people very angry when the game released. Regular space marines are already nigh-unkillable superhumans in power armour, and grey knights are even more ridiculous on top of also all being space wizards. Lorewise, I'm pretty sure nothing we've seen so far should even be capable of hurting a grey knight, never mind taking a hit from one and surviving.

Like, take those little wrist mounted guns our guys are using. Those are not actually guns. Regular, modern day guns are called "stubbers" in 40k, and they're the things our cultist buddies are using. By 40k standards, they're really a joke. The basic space marine weapon is called a bolter, and it's a sort of rapid fire RPG launcher. Each round is a tiny rocket with an armour piercing tip that waits until it's inside a target before exploding and making a gigantic mess of whatever you happened to shoot with it. They're huge and powerful enough that regular humans can't use them at all, but space marines generally fire them one-handed to leave oe hand free for melee. Strap two of them together and make it wrist mounted and you have the storm bolters our grey knights are using! They like to have both hands free for using giant halberds and swords, see. A regular human being hit by one should really be turned into a fine red mist, but then we wouldn't have much a game to play, and also this makes a specific kind of nerd unspeakably angry so it's probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU