Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
This is a good game and pretty different to X-Com, but I dropped it after the first big plot beat because my optimization brain made me start again and again. Also because I was reloading to make absolutely sure I triggered pods in positions where all my marines could get the most of their 3AP. That is entirely a "me" problem, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

That's basically how I took care of the final boss when playing the Dawn of War II: Retribution campaign as da boyz. Built nothing but regular boyz with choppas and shootas and sent wave after wave to krump that big stomp bait dweeb.

Right? Again, not a cultist, hate 'em in fact, but seems to me that if you missed the boat on becoming a space marine when you were young, then accepting the Blessings of the Chaos Gods is probably the only way to have some agency in this dangerous universe instead of spending your entire life being told what to do before being murdered by some random ork. It's a wonder more people aren't taking advantage of that especially since those Blessings are basically given out for free. Or so I've heard.

The thing is that Chaos Gods give their followers a real shot at becoming all powerful. Sure, it might be one in a thousand billion, but when you’re an imperial citizen, that is compelling.

Also not a cultist.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Olesh posted:

I'm not going to specifically refute anything here, though I disagree with some (and agree with others). My position is that Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters, even on higher difficulties, is easier and more forgiving than some similar games, and it accomplishes this by giving you a variety of strong options (and very few trap options). This allows people to settle into strategies that they find comfortable, and encourages experimentation (combined with the game handing you higher level Knights with skills preassigned, to discourage homogeny).

There's a lot of videos to come and a lot to show off and talk about.

I really hope so, because I feel bad for poor apothecaries. I tend to leave them on the ship in favour of other classes and never unlock the more advanced skills for them.