Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Solarium posted:

This purpose is why they have the pure unaltered gene-seed. They need it, to fight the warp itself and all the chaos within. But of course, gene-seed is a limited resource. In order to make more of it, all space marines have an organ called the progenoids. One is located in the neck, and one in the chest cavity. Each one contains a separate sample of the gene-seed of the chapter. This is recovered after the marine's death, making recovery of corpses all the more important in order to make new space marines. No gene-seed, no marines.

That's all for my first post. Will make another big message when the next update comes out! And anyone who wants to know more about or discuss the lore is free to ask, I'll try and help out where I can.

Don't they technically have two copies of the gene seed? Their original which can be recovered and a new one that gets grown out of one of their numerous implants and can be harvested prior to death so their ranks can grow? or is that a thing the grey knights explicitly don't have because they're special?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I love the gunner having more protection than the driver.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Groetgaffel posted:

Another honorable mention is Battle Brother Tinnitus here.

BROTHER I AM PINNED CANNOT HEAR

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I imagine the 40k media kinda skews public perception as well. Exterminatus is probably *much* more rare than the frequency of it's appearance in the books would imply.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Jade, I appreciate that "Simmer down, Y'shtola" for cluing me in that the inquisitor really is Robyn Addison.

"Inquisitor, I request that you prepare our strategems for the next operation."
"Water water froth and foam!"
"BATTLE BROTHERS! TAKE UP ARMS! SHE HAS FALLEN TO CHAOS!"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I... was not aware of that, huh.

To be fair to the voice actress, Sera is rather intentionally written to be the worst companion in Dragon Age Inquisition. This isn't a DA:2 or ME:A situation.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah It's worth pointing out that the Tyrannids basically digest everything on the planet and slurp it up into their hive ships, including the armies they field on those planets, and the structures they created to do that digestion. Just drag all the biomass to the digestor pits so it can get slurped up by the giant orbital straws.

That's not even getting into the genestealer cults that the Tyrannids use to find worlds to eat.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Rogue Trader ships are depicted as being so large that the lower depths of them sometimes develop entire societies that are completely alien to that of the more civilized upper decks, just by dint of literal physical distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ninjahedgehog posted:

Mind elaborating on this? Never played PP

Imagine if having Shen's last gift installed added Cyberdisks to the first mission of Xcom 2. As compensation you can research special anti-Cyberdisk weapons once you unlock plasma snipers.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 7, 2024