Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

When did this stun patch drop? I beat the game back in september and I remember making heavy use of stun/excecution chains. I think it relied on a bolter that had boosted stun damage and a glaive that either had bonus AP on excecute or bonus stun damage as well, I don't think I would've handled the final mission without being able to clear pods in a single turn.
Edit: Oh and while the Chaplin should've been perfect for this combo I found it to be the absolute weakest of all classes. The core set of Justicar/Purgator/Interceptor/Apocthecary are all pretty much better than their counterparts.

CheeseThief fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

So, on the Warhammer+ video service, there is a short film called “Iron Within”

It’s pretty good, but the impetus for the story is some Xenos threat to a backwater imperial world. The governing council is debating whether to call upon the Emperor’s Angels for help because of a pact they made with one of the legions millennia before. The positions were: The will not hear, They will not come, and They do not exist. So for a normal human Space Marines are just a part of the larger imperial cult but the real nature of them is largely kept hidden. So yeah, statues.

And yes, they call for aid from the Iron Warriors. Because how would they know? “There was a war in heaven and the angels specifically assigned to you turned on god” doesn’t play well.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how bad would the Iron Warriors be? They're pretty low on the actual chaos worshippingside of things right?

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

The best faction in 40k already have the rok bombardment angle covered. No need to retrofit an asteroid with engines, they're only ones with tractor beams apparently so they can just lob continent sized pieces of space rock at a planet. But, being the strategic and tactical geniuses they are, rather than use this method to simply destroy the planet's surface they build fortifications into the asteroids themselves to use it as a fortress from which to launch an invasion. A devious maunver deployed by one of oldest, most storied races of the galaxy.