Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yo momma gets so much sleep that link had to defeat her to leave koholint island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I'm getting about 4 hours during the week, but I sleep in on the weekends and get closer to 10. That probably evens it out.

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow
On my days off, yeah definitely. I probably oversleep, honestly. It’s my workdays that I only get 6 or so regularly: The latest I can sleep in is 10AM but I always wake up around 7 and can never manage to get those extra few hours.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hard to sleep when Smugworth is always lurking outside my window

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It doesn't matter how long I sleep I always feel like poo poo and I'm always tired. 1-9hrs and it's all the same.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That feeling when you sleep like poo poo all night but fall into a deep sleep right before the alarm....

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Grey Cat posted:

It doesn't matter how long I sleep I always feel like poo poo and I'm always tired. 1-9hrs and it's all the same.

consider doing a sleep study

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

consider doing a sleep study

I was referred to one and ended up not going I should probably follow up on that considering it's been like this for 20+ years.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i only get 2-3 hours of sleep a couple nights per week, or sometimes for the entire work week when my sleep gets really out of whack. i just can't fall asleep despite being exhausted. been like this my whole life. melatonin and other natural sleep aids (aside from alcohol) don't help, and i don't really want to be dependent on sleep meds so i just deal with it and drink coffee in the morning.

periods where i'm off work and can sleep enough every day and let my schedule float around are incredible, i feel like a whole new person full of energy and creativity. the morning standup meeting is basically my life's final boss.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

yes actually, if not 9. im so fatigued every single day lol thanks for listening to my tale

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

i only get 2-3 hours of sleep a couple nights per week, or sometimes for the entire work week when my sleep gets really out of whack. i just can't fall asleep despite being exhausted. been like this my whole life. melatonin and other natural sleep aids (aside from alcohol) don't help, and i don't really want to be dependent on sleep meds so i just deal with it and drink coffee in the morning.

periods where i'm off work and can sleep enough every day and let my schedule float around are incredible, i feel like a whole new person full of energy and creativity. the morning standup meeting is basically my life's final boss.

CBD sleep aids are dope

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'll have to check, but i think CBD is still forbidden to me due to my job

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i think sleep hygiene is super important, i always go to bed at the same time, jerk off into the hole in my floor every night, then read a little with some herbal tea

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

R.L. Stine posted:

i think sleep hygiene is super important, i always go to bed at the same time, jerk off into the hole in my floor every night, then read a little with some herbal tea

Is a jerk off hole the same as a blow job hole in the wall? Practically.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Eight hours? Try eight YEARS!

That's how long you've been asleep. We've been trying to wake you up. This is a last-ditch experimental procedure to contact your sleeping mind. We hope you can see this.

Wake up.

Please wake up

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

is there anything to story people tell about hospitals loving up babies' natural sleep rhythms for their whole lives by not turning the lights on and off in the baby room to match a normal diurnal schedule? it sounds like bro science, but, my natural sleep pattern my whole life has been more like a ~28 hour cycle instead of 24 when i'm not working every day, and i did spend my first couple weeks in NICU when i was born.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mirage posted:

Eight hours? Try eight YEARS!

That's how long you've been asleep. We've been trying to wake you up. This is a last-ditch experimental procedure to contact your sleeping mind. We hope you can see this.

Wake up.

Please wake up

Rip Van Winkle shut the heck up!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I went to see a folk metal show last night and didn't get home until 3 because the trains were lovely, but I left my alarm on by accident and therefore only got 6 1/2 hours of sleep :smith:

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Vegetable posted:

lately it’s been like six hours for me and it’s a disaster. exhausted in the day and can’t focus on work. gotta go back to eight hours

My quality of life is so noticeably better when I get 7-8 hours of sleep vs. 5-6 hours, yet I have spent most of the past 2+ decades staying up one or two hours too late and then paying for it the following day.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Parker Lewis posted:

My quality of life is so noticeably better when I get 7-8 hours of sleep vs. 5-6 hours, yet I have spent most of the past 2+ decades staying up one or two hours too late and then paying for it the following day.

break the cycle to establish a new one

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

Hard to sleep when Smugworth is always lurking outside my window

:cb:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

As long as it isn't that other purple haired pug I saw the other day. If that was looking out my window I'd be very scared.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Grey Cat posted:

As long as it isn't that other purple haired pug I saw the other day. If that was looking out my window I'd be very scared.

Lol I was gonna be tricksy and use that one but :effort:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol I was gonna be tricksy and use that one but :effort:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

the face smugworth when he spots saalkin changing

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Oh….oh no…

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

wait why is pencilhands outside the window too?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bad Purchase posted:

Paralysis Demon.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We all know the truth

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

Hmm

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

Paralysis Demon.

i've never taken benadryl, is that gif what it's like?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

i've never taken benadryl, is that gif what it's like?

Ambien is the demon's name

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This is disgusting and libelous

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I’ve been losing weight over the last year or so and had gastric surgery five weeks ago. The last six weeks or so before the surgery I felt like I was sixteen again, 7-8 hours of sleep a night and woke up every morning ready. to. loving. GO.

Now, 8-9 hours a night and I am dragging rear end most of the day. They told me it will pass, I hope they’re right.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Grey Cat posted:

I was referred to one and ended up not going I should probably follow up on that considering it's been like this for 20+ years.

do it.

a friend of mine recently got a cpap for apnea. they went from sleeping 10+ hours and still being tired, to 8 hours and feeling good.

cumpantry posted:

yes actually, if not 9. im so fatigued every single day lol thanks for listening to my tale

you too!

anyone who gets what should be enough sleep and is still tired, do a sleep study. if it's apnea it's a very solvable problem.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Klyith posted:

do it.

a friend of mine recently got a cpap for apnea. they went from sleeping 10+ hours and still being tired, to 8 hours and feeling good.

you too!

anyone who gets what should be enough sleep and is still tired, do a sleep study. if it's apnea it's a very solvable problem.

yup. this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I could in theory get eight hours of sleep if it weren't for the nightmares.

But if I just barely get enough sleep I only get about five minutes of the nightmares before I have to get up, so it works out fine.