Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I'm getting about 4 hours during the week, but I sleep in on the weekends and get closer to 10. That probably evens it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

some people just straight up dont need 8. its highly individual. some cursed souls need mroe than 8

I swear that if I get just four hours of sleep I feel great all day. if I get six I might as well be dead.

Granted this includes me sleeping in on weekends and getting close to ten hours.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Some recent data suggests that you can offset some or all of the increased mortality risk from lack of sleep with physical activity.

...you can literally outrun sleep.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/high-physical-activity-levels-may-counter-serious-health-harms-of-poor-sleep/

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

R.L. Stine posted:

my sleep app tracks my sleep but also tracks if i've taken my medication, whether i'm having psychotic symptoms, and the phase of the moon. i bet it's more useful than some made up number, bitch

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bad Purchase posted:

anyone else get constant heart rate alerts from fitness trackers when they sleep? i had to turn off all the active heart monitoring on mine because it freaks out when my heart drops to low 30s bpm every night

i asked my doctor about it and he just shrugged and said it’s probably ok

uh, maybe you should try cocaine to get your heart rate back up?

unless you're a tortoise then it's probably fine.