Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what a drat good show

they aired the footage and did incredible business working the whole shoot and FTR followed it up masterfully, which was the only thing you could do to not overshadow and ruin the next segment

house of julia action continues to be super cool

ospreay firing a bazooka back up north was pretty hilarious, but also calling himself the ace of aew to renee's face? I think I know who's coming up after Dynasty

Jericho is aware he's an annoying goober now, so that's good. wanna see more out of enhanced STP, of course, but good for moriarty!!

aew: it's good, folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

El Generico posted:

Delusional people on Twitter being like "it shows he told the exact truth!"

Uhh, he said he "only choked him a little" and that's not what happened at all

Not only that but he struck Jack when his hands were up and in his hair. Punk is an all time bitch

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

say what you want about The Footage they said they would air it, they aired it, no bits no tricks

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I do think teh Bucks have invited CM Punk chants, however unlike with the fed, these chants are gonna be directly aimed at the Bucks who are being slimy heels and hoping for such reactions. If FTR win the belts I assume we won't hear the chants after Dynasty.

Jackson Perry not being added to the Elite this week has me guessing it'll be a Dynasty thing. And I wonder who'll join FTR in response. Will Daddy Magic finally lose his son?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MorningMoon posted:

I do think teh Bucks have invited CM Punk chants, however unlike with the fed, these chants are gonna be directly aimed at the Bucks who are being slimy heels and hoping for such reactions. If FTR win the belts I assume we won't hear the chants after Dynasty.

Jackson Perry not being added to the Elite this week has me guessing it'll be a Dynasty thing. And I wonder who'll join FTR in response. Will Daddy Magic finally lose his son?

Cactus Jack Perry is returning as the Bucks' attack dog at Dynasty costing FTR the titles

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

During one of the commercials Shane Taylor hit Hook with the loudest chop I've ever heard. Give him his graphic.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh also I think Mariah is elevating the women's division pretty significantly, Anna looked fantastic tonight. also the toni/rosa segment into mariah's entrance was perfect, no notes

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
julia's taped promo on willow was loving fire (literally)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Overall an okay episode of Dynamite which means pretty good in the history of pro wrestling TV. The first hour only having one match was weird. I'm glad they finally got the footage out there if only so that it can end the discourse of what really happened (lol, as if the discourse will ever end) instead of people endlessly speculating about who threw what punch first or whatever. It's over, it's done. I'm glad they used it as a device to move multiple parts of different stories forward (bringing back Jack Perry eventually, the FTR/Bucks match) and it wasn't just a "Here's what really happened, enjoy" kind of thing.

FTR's promo was good, I thought. It put a nice button on things and felt like the best way to say "Okay, you loving saw the tape – now let's all collectively move on so we can be the future of this company and pro wrestling as a whole".

I also thought it was smart to not mention Punk by name at all, whether by his real name or wrestling name.

I kind of feel bad for Tony Schiavone. He looked completely over the whole thing, and his recent comments about the whole Punk interview tell me the same. The guy had to live through and participate in some of the scummiest, pettiest bullshit in WCW and probably just wants to come to work and enjoy wrestling again without any of the petty bullshit sneaking back in. He just looked so bummed out in the shots of the desk before and after the segment.

Can't say there was a great match all night, but I didn't dislike any of them. Probably liked the STP trios match the most if only for STP getting a win, especially because Moriarty pinned loving Shibata. The rest were all good but never really kicked into a gear I could super get into.

Lots of informative video packages building up Dynasty, which was good – especially if they thought they would be getting extra viewers off of the airing of the tape. This feels like one of the best built PPVs in a while, honestly, just in terms of how many different ways it's being built up. Not just in-ring promos or matches, but that plus video packages to really concisely explain what's going on in all of the feuds. It's a nice touch.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I liked the show even though the matches were nothing special.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

UnleashedDad posted:

Not only that but he struck Jack when his hands were up and in his hair. Punk is an all time bitch

Also Punk said that Jack came up to him and the footage clearly shows the opposite is true.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Cope's apron powerslam to Penta was pretty drat nuts. Lots of fun spots! I can't believe he took a top rope Code Red.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

STP feels like something the trios/sixman divisons have not had in a long time, which is an actual trio instead of a guy stapled to a tag team - HoB feels coherent, Dalton Castle and the Boys (rip) felt coherent because of their dynamic, Gates of Agony + Cage almost counts, Death Triangle gets a pass

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Cope's apron powerslam to Penta was pretty drat nuts. Lots of fun spots! I can't believe he took a top rope Code Red.

that was a fun spot, and the match definitely felt to me like Cope saying "let me go wrestle a Penta match" and then they did and it was great

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022
Schiavone probably feels awful allegedly being the catalyst for the Punk/Perry situation, so yeah he was probably bummed to have to relive it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

During one of the commercials Shane Taylor hit Hook with the loudest chop I've ever heard. Give him his graphic.

shane taylor has been signed for over a year

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kennel posted:

I liked the show even though the matches were nothing special.

I agree for the rest but Cope vs Penta was really really special.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Cope's apron powerslam to Penta was pretty drat nuts.

I yell gently caress YOU a lot at my TV during wrestling when something happens that my brain can't comprehend and I certainly yelled gently caress YOU at my TV after that move

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

A great night for fans of powerslams

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

STING 64 posted:

shane taylor has been signed for over a year

I figured he was signed but for some reason I thought he never got a graphic. I probably just missed it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still need to know if Penta Azul has ice or water powers

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!
Young Orc

Captain Foo posted:

Cactus Jack Perry is returning as the Bucks' attack dog at Dynasty costing FTR the titles

:hmmyes:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STING 64 posted:

i still need to know if Penta Azul has ice or water powers

He's Penta so he is still a psychic type

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
if anything, cm punk's biggest mistake is not doing that to sammy guevara instead, everyone would have been on his side

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1778254292580729261

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

HOLY gently caress

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1778254292580729261

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
A-ZU-MI!

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

lol gently caress you rossy ogawa

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Mother FUCKER!!!!

That's it, I'm dressing those dogs in a trenchcoat!!!

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Great dynamite top to bottom. Btw, this is what it really looks like when you choke someone a little

https://x.com/wrestle__media/status/1710056225918927203?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

now that is a standing guillotine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i should have been prepared to go to the show in case of an announcement like that. just can't swing it this time. learnt my lesson

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gonna watch the show when I go home, but Punk looks like such a fuckin baby in the clip. Fragile mind

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

injecting a lethal dose of GOOD WRESTLING to the women's division

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Cavauro posted:

i should have been prepared to go to the show in case of an announcement like that. just can't swing it this time. learnt my lesson

We can commiserate :(

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Cavauro posted:

it’s okay cavauro cm punk also can’t go he just hasn’t learned his lesson yet

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Majinfoose posted:

Gonna watch the show when I go home, but Punk looks like such a fuckin baby in the clip. Fragile mind

On the other hand, nerds in other places on the internet say Punk is vindicated and proven honest and looks strong and was fired for nothing!

MorningMoon posted:

injecting a lethal dose of GOOD WRESTLING to the women's division

The STARDOM partnership is maybe the happiest I’ve been about an AEW partnership.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

we stay winning, we can't stop winning

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRafTer posted:

I agree for the rest but Cope vs Penta was really really special.

I agree! They didn't have a lot of natural chemistry but both guys gutted out a good match through pure force of will.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

i just fully do not respect the opinion of anyone who thinks that footage makes cm punk look good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
It's interesting that they're positioning Mina and AZM as top US Stardom talents. Definitely good choices but it doesn't really reflect their status in Japan. Friday and Saturday are going to be rad for AZM fans!

Ganso Bomb posted:

The STARDOM partnership is maybe the happiest I’ve been about an AEW partnership.

I'm still leery that they'll poach who they really want and not give much in return, but things are off to a good start!