Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CombineThresher posted:

I agree! They didn't have a lot of natural chemistry but both guys gutted out a good match through pure force of will.

yeah it was obvious they had "bad chemistry" or whatever but both guys are so good that it worked out entertainingly anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
my biggest takeaway from THE FOOTAGE is that Paul Turner is a badass because he got right in the middle of that faster than Samoa Joe

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

If anything I don't get suspending Perry after that, dude did literally nothing physical

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Ganso Bomb posted:

On the other hand, nerds in other places on the internet say Punk is vindicated and proven honest and looks strong and was fired for nothing!

Was this Danhausen?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I do hope Toni does a normal match with AZM.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Punk looks like poo poo! unfortunately the man is a master of spin.

FTR Bald promos are normally a yawnfest for me, but yeah, this one was great

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

If anything I don't get suspending Perry after that, dude did literally nothing physical

its literally like in high school where even if the other person didnt throw a punch both participants would still get suspended. just like the bucks said, it was a high school scrap really in every way

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ganso Bomb posted:

On the other hand, nerds in other places on the internet say Punk is vindicated and proven honest and looks strong and was fired for nothing!
I would like for those nerds to pull that poo poo against co-workers they don't like and see what happens to them

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Captain Foo posted:

oh also I think Mariah is elevating the women's division pretty significantly, Anna looked fantastic tonight. also the toni/rosa segment into mariah's entrance was perfect, no notes

mariah is good and I think toni and mina shirakawa arent doing enough, everyone on the roster and crew should take turns kissing her and saying thanks

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

StarkRavingMad posted:

my biggest takeaway from THE FOOTAGE is that Paul Turner is a badass because he got right in the middle of that faster than Samoa Joe

a real ref's ref lmao, I hope he was shouting "WIN IT IN THE RING!!" and then loudly counting to 10 while he did it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Match of the night for me was probably Mariah Anna and promo was Wills which should be talked about more itt because it ruled.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i wanna go on record as saying its very cool Tony devoted air time to the security footage. Wrestling is so back

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This show was good because it had everything that makes wrestling good: luchadors in cool outfits, old men doing gnarly poo poo, violence, drama, blood, people getting hit with foreign objects, sex, a guy with a lot of money, hyped up people screaming at the camera, and really loud chops. It was pro wrestling at its purest.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Also holy poo poo this Will promo. Can't believe I ever thought this man couldn't talk

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm still leery that they'll poach who they really want and not give much in return, but things are off to a good start!

I mean, people are gonna go work where they want to work. As long as they just offer deals to people when their deals are naturally up and don’t do nefarious poo poo I can’t be too bothered by it.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

he is a ref diving into the middle of fights is his job

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This show was good because it had everything that makes wrestling good: luchadors in cool outfits, old men doing gnarly poo poo, violence, drama, blood, people getting hit with foreign objects, sex, a guy with a lot of money, hyped up people screaming at the camera, and really loud chops. It was pro wrestling at its purest.

That’s facts

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

and the match definitely felt to me like Cope saying "let me go wrestle a Penta match" and then they did and it was great

it was this, and it was a lot of fun

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

closet statist posted:

Punk looks like poo poo! unfortunately the man is a master of spin.

FTR Bald promos are normally a yawnfest for me, but yeah, this one was great

FTR promo kind of sold the whole airing of the video for me. Was a good “we all saw it, it’s loving done, let’s move on, we’ll be the future of this company if the Bucks don’t want to be” stamp on things. The video never has to be referenced again and the feud can just be about two teams wanting to be the best and gently caress each other up.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This show was good because it had everything that makes wrestling good:sex
the punk tape was good but i dont know if I’d call it sex good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it took me like 20 seconds to realize why the heck willow had goop on her face was because julia was going to spritz cope. i am very dumb

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Jack Perry did the genius level tactical fight move of ducking down a little, and Punk had no answer for it

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Ganso Bomb posted:

FTR promo kind of sold the whole airing of the video for me. Was a good “we all saw it, it’s loving done, let’s move on, we’ll be the future of this company if the Bucks don’t want to be” stamp on things. The video never has to be referenced again and the feud can just be about two teams wanting to be the best and gently caress each other up.

This is the main thing that makes everyone freaking out about this look like a dunce, to me. I can fathom the idea that you think airing the footage was a bad idea or counterproductive, but also they immediately followed it by having the good guys come out and cut a WE WANT TO MOVE ON AND FOCUS ON EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS COMPANY!! promo. That's the end of it! If you are tired of Punk stuff, that was the show telling you that's a normal feeling to have and they're not going to dwell on it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

You think Punk asked Jack "what do my knuckles say?" before he sucker punched him

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

good Dustin remains best wrestling Rhodes and best wrestling Dustin

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

You think Punk asked Jack "what do my knuckles say?" before he sucker punched him

No, I think Punk was stuttering and stammering that he is a tough mma guy and he will totally beat Jack Perry up but then he had a hug with his new pal

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1778261394627899595

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1778258107115647200

Hook-Shane Taylor is a nice little match for the show nobody cares about

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

wwe should give punk a fiend offshoot gimmick where his DRUG hand and his FREE hand have different magical properties

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh my god do whatever Jericho fuckery is necessary to put that belt on Shane Taylor

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I’m feel like I’m losing my mind reading all the comments about how it went down exactly how Punk said

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Trying posted:

good Dustin remains best wrestling Rhodes and best wrestling Dustin

you can NOT be talking about the american nightmare chuck taylor like that

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
My favorite part of the video is Hook looking on disinterested and gently putting down the belt to calmly talk to Cactus Jack Perry.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Love the replies to these tweets cooking this fraud

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

xbilkis posted:

This is the main thing that makes everyone freaking out about this look like a dunce, to me. I can fathom the idea that you think airing the footage was a bad idea or counterproductive, but also they immediately followed it by having the good guys come out and cut a WE WANT TO MOVE ON AND FOCUS ON EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS COMPANY!! promo. That's the end of it! If you are tired of Punk stuff, that was the show telling you that's a normal feeling to have and they're not going to dwell on it

Yeah. It didn't work for in terms of getting me fired up for the match (because I'm just not excited by FTR these days), but it was really good at giving them a coherent motivation moving forward and it established that that era of the company is over*.

*Until Jack Perry comes back and the Bucks applaud him as their perfect little Californian golden boy, but you don't have to allude to Punk during that. Call it burying the hatchet.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Tweak posted:

I’m feel like I’m losing my mind reading all the comments about how it went down exactly how Punk said

Yeah, I mean it went down exactly as Jack's side said it. Like you can literally take Alvarez's audio put it on the cam footage and it's basically it

Though, I didn't see a pie face there but maybe it got obscured and that's Jack's side describing it too.

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1777872289935024508?s=46

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Malikov posted:

just because he's not champion anymore doesnt mean claudio is a fraud

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Malikov posted:

take a nap weirdo!

Digital Jedi