Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

rotinaj posted:

I was not expecting the guy who had a caveman gimmick upon his first vignette to have graduated to this level of cool poo poo

Hell yeah

God, this reminds me of how years ago, WWE released a series of choose-your-own-adventure books and one of them had a short bit where your rookie wrestler is pulled aside by Chris Jericho who, as a rib, tries to convince you to do a gimmick of "Kid Caveman." You can ignore him and just be yourself or you can take him up on it and immediately be labeled a laughing stock. From there, there are two options that end the story and both of them are kind of amazing in retrospect.

Choice 1: You start a fight backstage and get fired for it.

Choice 2: You double down on the gimmick and get it over. This leads to you spending time wrestling in Japan, which ends up being fruitful to your career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hmmm, cool shirt but could we slap an unremovable company logo on there somewhere?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

How many belts does AEW have? There seems to be way too many

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they have 16 titles

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

nah its more like 32

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://x.com/katoscryingroom?s=21

They also make sick Yazkuza/Like A Dragon shirts and pins.

Waiting on my Onomichio pin currently

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

5 are men's single. Feels like too many

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

the same amount that wwe has

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

5 are men's single. Feels like too many

not really. especially when you consider how large their roster is.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was counting developmental

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

The FTW belt feels like a useless belt like the 2nd world heavyweight belt wwe has

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

The FTW belt feels like a useless belt like the 2nd world heavyweight belt wwe has

its a vanity belt

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

FTW is not a real belt cmon folks

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

What's the distinction between the international and Continental titles

And what separates those from the TNT title

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

they havent even defended the texas chainsaw title on tv for months!! im starting to think its a total joke?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

this post doesn't exemplify the FTW lifestyle

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Shard posted:

its a very FTL post

Jackie D posted:

you can ask this about pretty much all midcard belts of the last 30 years.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

post hole digger posted:

FTW is not a real belt cmon folks

It isn't? Like that stupid people's champ belt?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Jackie D posted:

International is same rules as the world title, just lower level.

Continental is everybody banned from ringside and if you hold it at Full Gear you get auto entry into the Continental Classic.

TNT is 20 minute (or TV time remaining) time limit.

Mr Hootington posted:

It isn't? Like that stupid people's champ belt?

It's "unsanctioned/rogue". Taz originally made it as a vanity belt in the 90s. In AEW he formed "Team Taz" and gifted the belt to Bryan Cage and it eventually made it back to Taz's son Hook.

blunt fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 15, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Someone needs a trip to FTW World

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

blunt posted:

International is same rules as the world title, just let level.

Continental is everybody banned from ringside and if you hold it at Full Gear you get auto entry into the Continental Classic.

Hold on. The belts have specific rule sets around them? Is this true in WWE too?

quote:

Taz originally made it as a vanity belt in the 90s. In AEW he formed "Team Taz" and gifted the belt to Bryan Cage and it eventually made it back to Taz's son Hook.

Ok cool. Thanks for the explanation. 😃

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Hold on. The belts have specific rule sets around them? Is this true in WWE too?

Ok cool. Thanks for the explanation. 😃

not currently, but I guess they have in the past, like the hardcore title and the 24/7 title

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Mr Hootington posted:

AEW's belts don't have formal rules, but they pick up rules that the champion wants. When a member of House of Black holds a title, their title matches are generally House Rules (which mostly amounts to "the challenger gets to pick a stipulation, we'll beat you anyway"). The International Championship was essentially open-challenge when Orange Cassidy held it, because Orange accepted any challenge at any time. The TNT Title currently has a recurring open challenge, because Adam Copeland wants one. Beyond that... yeah, they just drift up and down the card based on how over the people holding the title are.

WWE doesn't really do this beyond basic "the cruiserweight belt can only be challenged for by cruiserweight wrestlers" stuff, and that's mostly because they just don't care about their lower card belts or the people holding them.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Lurks With Wolves posted:

AEW's belts don't have formal rules, but they pick up rules that the champion wants.

If we count the ROH Pure Championship, that's an exception.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Suleman posted:

If we count the ROH Pure Championship, that's an exception.

Good point, I forgot about that. And the Continental belt will probably have some formal rule around the Continental Classic, but we won't know those until the next tournament.

In any case, I was still mostly correct.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

They've said that whoever is Continental Champion at the time of the next tournament is automatically entered into the C2, with the belt going into the prize pool.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lurks With Wolves posted:

AEW's belts don't have formal rules

blunt posted:

International is same rules as the world title, just lower level.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Wish they stuck with the international belt being defended in a bunch of indies. I understand why it isn't, but it was a cool thing

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Majinfoose posted:

Wish they stuck with the international belt being defended in a bunch of indies. I understand why it isn't, but it was a cool thing

Roddy is bringing it to DPW, maybe he'll put it on the line there.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

No one should give the Deadlock boys that much power

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Its also on the poster for the Prestige show in July he was just announced for (he could obviously drop it before then, but definitely surprising that AEW would allow the belt on the poster for an indie show).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AEW need to build up their indie cred again now that Papa H is cooking and letting the Fed-heads work on other shows

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I forget. Is the International title explicitly the rename/continuation of the Atlantic title or did they just retire one and start the other?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MorningMoon posted:

At this point I fully believe the discredited theory that Malakai got some injury his body never recovered 100% from. Trios member doing a 2 minute sequence? Gigastar. Singles 8 minute match? Not enough gas in the tank.

AAA: Tenemos BCC at home...
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1779933294915727377?t=cY-QScxtDqLCAuki8d0geg&s=19

Black on tweets was all about Black saying he was fine, uninjured, and ready to go. Then he would turn around and do interviews mentioning that his back was so bad that doctors weren't sure surgery would even help and he had trouble getting out of bed in the morning. In conclusion Malachy Blacky is a land of contrasts.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

send malarky bad-back to the fed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I forget. Is the International title explicitly the rename/continuation of the Atlantic title or did they just retire one and start the other?

it leveled up thanks to the power of king kong

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

projecthalaxy posted:

it got upgraded by Shazam: fury of the gods. you decide what that means

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
or King Kong, whichever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Jackie D posted:

Continental title matches have a set time limit (30 minutes) and managers/seconds/factions are banned from ringside

TNT is theoretically a TV belt but the other 2 are regularly defended on TV so idk.

And finally the International title has been leveled up by Shazam: Fury of the Gods, which the other belts lack