Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Metalingus is a very silly name for a song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Shard posted:

every week I see someone post a prediction of a match ending with interference and it happens so little in AEW outside of specific groups that I never expect it to happen.

It’s a clear sign of fed trauma.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Annoyed they went as far north as Loveland, but its an easy drive for June Dynamite/Rampage in CO.

Should have looked at the presale yesterday, but i still got floor seats up against the stage and where the folks should generally exit to the back after a match. Fingers crossed I can get a dap or get shouted down by a heel! Slowly but surely I'll get a seat in the TV production frame!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Shard posted:

every week I see someone post a prediction of a match ending with interference and it happens so little in AEW outside of specific groups that I never expect it to happen.

Heels getting dirty wins in AEW isn't really a rare occurrence. In fact Shane Taylor Promotions got one on the last episode of Dynamite

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Trying posted:

Metalingus is a very silly name for a song

ON THIS DAY

I EAT PU-*i am yanked off the forum stage with a comically long hooked cane*

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

xbilkis posted:

Heels getting dirty wins in AEW isn't really a rare occurrence. In fact Shane Taylor Promotions got one on the last episode of Dynamite

I think people may have different lines for what constitutes "interference". Someone outright running in the ring may be rare but a partner creating a diversion or throwing a weapon leading to a win feels more common. I personally consider those to be interference but it sounded more like people only meant a wrestler entering the ring the last time interference was brought up as being rare.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Yeah feels like they've been leaning a lot more into 'heels are heels because they cheat to win' more often than not, for a long while now. I'm sure once upon a time it was a bit more 'heels are heels because they're good wrestlers who are also pricks', which felt pretty refreshing when I first started watching.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Quid posted:

I think people may have different lines for what constitutes "interference". Someone outright running in the ring may be rare but a partner creating a diversion or throwing a weapon leading to a win feels more common. I personally consider those to be interference but it sounded more like people only meant a wrestler entering the ring the last time interference was brought up as being rare.

I'm not too worried about one or two acts doing weapon shot finishes or ringside interference, it's the run-ins, especially that lead to DQs, that got real old.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I like how belt shots have become increasingly ineffective as a means to win a match over the years.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/stholeary2/status/1780691181233672294 TW: Transphobia

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Chris Hero finally on AEW tv

Come back, Hero

100%. AEW wouldn't force him to not be his best self. Fat Chris Hero is the best Chris Hero.

Oklahoma can get in the sea. Whole state, just migrate to the Gulf and improve the world.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pylons posted:

TW: Transphobia

Gross. gently caress off Oklahoma.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

more like not OK

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Everyone involved in that loving meeting, everyone who misgendered Nyla in the goddamn minutes, should spend the rest of their lives passing Legos like they were kidney stones.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
gently caress the state of oklahoma, gently caress republican shitheads and their politicians, goddamn hate cult running half of the govt

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
gently caress oklahoma, tk should fire jim ross in retaliation

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thank god they are protecting the sanctity of pro wrestling competition.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AEW should do it again 😈

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I like how the list of doctor names at the end of the commission is just nothing but the honkiest of honkies and all dudes

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

They should probably never run Oklahoma again. Don't even bother giving a place with that athletic commission the money. gently caress 'em.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

So does this mean you can't do inter gender wrestling in Oklahoma or this just purely a thing about being lovely to the trans community?

Not very cool either way!

I didn't read the X

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

They should probably never run Oklahoma again. Don't even bother giving a place with that athletic commission the money. gently caress 'em.

They should hold a PPV there with Nyla main eventing

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Oklahoma is one of the shittiest states in America and that is really saying something

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Answers Me posted:

'heels are heels because they're good wrestlers who are also pricks'
Also called being Bryan Danielson

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
In positive news:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1780347938939813931?t=mLiECihbPFcTaI5k95gWBg&s=19

https://twitter.com/tigerstyIepro/status/1780402885357941139?t=c41lXJYC9XIW83nZstYGXw&s=19

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Sandman from ECW posted:

So does this mean you can't do inter gender wrestling in Oklahoma or this just purely a thing about being lovely to the trans community?

Not very cool either way!

I didn't read the X

You can't run intergender matches in Oklahoma, and also they're being wildly transphobic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PAC should win

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

They should hold a PPV there with Nyla main eventing and winning the women's title again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress Oklahoma

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
License Ain’t Nobody for Swerve on Sunday coward Tony.

I know you’re reading these forums coward

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress Oklahoma

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
If a trans person chose to purposely mis-gender themselves on the relevant forms, they could do an intergender match.

That said, I wouldn't want to ask Nyla to fill out said forms as male presenting, even if I do want to see her wrestle Serpentico.

Probably better to avoid this state altogether. I'd rather drive to Texas or Kansas if this is the way this backwards rear end state wants to be.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Fightful, Adam Cole's still far away from being able to return and he's off the road because it wasn't helping his recovery. Not ruling out him returning on TV rarely, but not regularly going forward

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

gently caress these people. The only moves are to either never run Oklahoma again or run Oklahoma with Nyla in the main event.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

gently caress every single one of those ignorant bastards straight to hell

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Sure Oklahoma piss off a billionaire what could go wrong

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Chris James 2 posted:

Per Fightful, Adam Cole's still far away from being able to return and he's off the road because it wasn't helping his recovery. Not ruling out him returning on TV rarely, but not regularly going forward

What a stupid injury.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

JR don't play the song

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oklahoma would have been better off being run by the First Nation tribes that were forced there by a still poo poo US Government. At least in Native American cultures they recognize a being of either a third gender, or a person of two-spirits. The state legalized pot and persecute Chinese immigrants who moved there to start business in and around the Marijuana industry only to get blanket labeled as Chinese spies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

wait, they work for AEW? it's fuckin wild to make promo videos for your day joba nd then... make more promo videos off the clock for the same company. no disrespect i love their work but their hobby and their job being the same is wild.