Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fart Radio posted:

i just fully do not respect the opinion of anyone who thinks that footage makes cm punk look good

It certainly says alot about that person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Love to see hordes of Podcasters and other cretins go all might makes right over this footage.

You can hit your coworker a little, as a treat.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Okuteru posted:

Love to see hordes of Podcasters and other cretins go all might makes right over this footage.

You can hit your coworker a little, as a treat.

And yet the bucks super kicking punk and his dog is somehow a problem for these guys

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

And yet the bucks super kicking punk and his dog is somehow a problem for these guys

i don’t think danhausen was there

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tweak posted:

I’m feel like I’m losing my mind reading all the comments about how it went down exactly how Punk said

People see what they want to see and especially with a personality like punk, his fans feel like he's fighting against some injustice so he must be correct

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i don’t think danhausen was there

:wow:

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015

Long-Time Lurker posted:

What's your opinion on the footage?

What footage ?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
It makes me laugh that Punk ran away as soon Malakai Black walked up

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Malikov posted:

What footage ?

Footage of the fraud attacking Jack Perry.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I yell gently caress YOU a lot at my TV during wrestling when something happens that my brain can't comprehend and I certainly yelled gently caress YOU at my TV after that move

I do the exact same thing lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ganso Bomb posted:

Oh my god do whatever Jericho fuckery is necessary to put that belt on Shane Taylor

I kinda agree with this

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tweak posted:

I’m feel like I’m losing my mind reading all the comments about how it went down exactly how Punk said

It didnt. They are lying. Delete Twitter and reddit

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That was wild. I was tense watching the video, like holding my breath waiting for it. Pretty compelling stuff honestly. I like to think this is putting it to bed by getting it out there but I don't see that happening, and I really don't want to hear cm punk chants start to be a thing.

Honestly a pretty successful segment I thought. Was pretty checked out of the show apart from that. Penta/Adam ruled.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I was so focused on jack and p*nk that i didn’t clock anyone else except for joe

and pink shirt guy obviously

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

I really don't want to hear cm punk chants start to be a thing.

This is my main concern, I do not want cm punk chants for the bucks

That will just be tiresome

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shard posted:

I do the exact same thing lol

i dont

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I haven't seen the episode yet but I made the mistake of getting on Twitter and it's wall to wall "omg Tony is a clown, this is the beginning of the end for AEW, Ospreay looked like an idiot and should be ashamed"

Am I taking crazy pills or is the Internet really just that fedpilled

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Lol, Punk with the biggest free shot in the world on a dude adjusting his hair and he barely stumbles him

What a badass

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Count Thrashula posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet but I made the mistake of getting on Twitter and it's wall to wall "omg Tony is a clown, this is the beginning of the end for AEW, Ospreay looked like an idiot and should be ashamed"

They are bots

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shard posted:

Delete Twitter and reddit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hey what determines when you Quan someone?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Count Thrashula posted:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/astroturfing

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Count Thrashula posted:

Twitter is a cursed platform that only encourages posting by right wing freaks and assholes in tyool 2024

Literally

Anger is the best thing for engagement and twitter post-elon buyout has gone all in on encouraging it with how posting works on there

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

now alex marvez, there’s a guy who’s cool in a crisis

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

There ain't no loving way WWE is astroturfing the comments of third rung wrestling news sites, or Tumblr of all loving places. It's actual brain rot. Wrestling fans are cooked for like an entire generation, this poo poo is a write off.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

wrestling fans… dumb?… n-no….

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Trying posted:

Don't worry. We're not. Trust me

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Trying posted:

They have managed to burrow under an already ridiculously low bar.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Cabbit posted:

There ain't no loving way WWE is astroturfing the comments of third rung wrestling news sites, or Tumblr of all loving places. It's actual brain rot. Wrestling fans are cooked for like an entire generation, this poo poo is a write off.

Word. It's not just the Fed fans either, you have an entire group of 'serious' wrestling fans who are all about practising decorum when it involves the Fed.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I mean people in the arena were chanting for Punk so I'm not sure what that accomplished

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

I kinda agree with this

yeah same

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://x.com/AEWonTV/status/1778237549334462951

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Stall_19 posted:

I mean people in the arena were chanting for Punk so I'm not sure what that accomplished

pop a quarter (?), build a match, set up the return of Jack Perry

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Count Thrashula posted:

ultimately it comes down to a belief from years of miseducation that WWE is the supreme wrestling company cause Vince bought and drove all competition out of business. hence AEW shouldn't be allowed to exist at all entirely because its competition, and especially competition shouldn't be allowed to fire a shot back at WWE.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Showing the video was a really bad and aimless idea, and doing it after an incredibly popular Wrestlemania made AEW look super low rent.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Activate posted:

Showing the video was a really bad and aimless idea, and doing it after an incredibly popular Wrestlemania made AEW look super low rent.

#RespectWWE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Activate posted:

You should watch the show, the aim was to build towards the Bucks and Jack Perry uniting and build the Bucks vs FTR match. Kind of embarrassing you wouldn't know that

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The337th posted:

Lol, Punk with the biggest free shot in the world on a dude adjusting his hair and he barely stumbles him

What a badass

its like when andrade sucker punched sammy

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Activate posted:

who gives a gently caress. when AEW does anything at all it gets called low rent and a mudshow even when its great. why should AEW constantly take hits and never give anything back? better yet they shot back and furthered a storyline for the PPV with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Hefty Leftist posted:

who gives a gently caress. when AEW does anything at all it gets called low rent and a mudshow even when its great. why should AEW constantly take hits and never give anything back? better yet they shot back and furthered a storyline for the PPV with it

Who did they give it back to with that video?