Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
it always feels.loke they're toeing ever closer to an intergender match with the Copeland/Willow moment, the Willow/Brody face off, and the game letting anyone wrestle anyone. do it already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Copeland's delivery always feels incredibly fake to me, like he comes up with something hours before but tries to make it sound off the cuff and it's very unnatural. in ring pretty fun though!

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Miching Mallecho posted:

I love hearing wrestlers talk how they put matches together and just executing stuff too.

There was a video of Kenny giving a seminar, it went on for two hours, and his talking and show moves and showing how you can build a sequence of moves without ever even talking to the other person was so awesome and cool.

I love that stuff

one of the few Steve Austin podcasts I listened to was him and Jake Roberts just chatting about working in a way that felt like it could've totally happened off mic, it still stands out as one of the best wrestling podcast episodes I've heard

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
haven't been to a Collision yet, the start time is listed as 7:00. do they do ROH tapings before the show or is that only Dynamite?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

They do some before and some after.

I remembered they typically do it after but BotB is after it this week so maybe they're frontloading. thanks!

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Shard posted:

Opened up my Facebook to post some pictures and this was the first thing I saw

nobody even cared, read our full article that goes into detail about how little anyone cared

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Long-Time Lurker posted:

The tone of this report is so gross, man. Like AEW and Ospreay did something heinous by responding to the rape enabler from the rape company taking a cheap shot at Ospreay unprompted.

it's really funny. out of context you'd think he made a death threat to the whole Levesque family instead of telling an insecure shithead to gently caress himself

RandolphCarter posted:

Waiting patiently for :hayter: to come back

when Hayter returns and beats the brakes off someone strong style I'll consider the Feeling Restored. I demand Hayter/Okada

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
wrestling is real when it makes my enemies look bad

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Tony came put after BotB and said we had more wrestling since we're all sickos and his favorite movie is Timecop

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’ve always wondered, when you sit that close to the commentators can you hear them at all? It seems like Daddy Magic’s voice would travel.

you absolutely can hear him. I kept wondering who on the floor was recreating that "guy smugly explaining things to a woman at a baseball game" meme until I realized it was him every time

MorningMoon posted:

i thought that other poster was joking about there being even more wrestling after BotB for the sickos lmao

people were getting real tired but two things woke the crowd up: Kieran Hogan shaking her booty and Abadon. big pop and chant for the Living Dead Girl, it was cool

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

post hole digger posted:

i wish murderxbryan still did his everything beast wrestling podcast episodes because he was funny and liked aew, but i think hes got too much going on these days

I would love to have him bring back Leslie Lee again for how incredibly awkward it would be now

Long-Time Lurker posted:

It's a bit suspicious that a lot of the vanilla "Just enjoy wrestling" podcasts turned on AEW and joined the grift train.

WWE is "cool again" in a nerd culture way and AEW is seen as a threat to its dominance, people love and identify themselves by enjoying corporate sanitized pop culture and want their view to be objectively correct. it's like when people post about the most recent boring-rear end Star Wars show getting a 95% on the Tomatometer or whatever when it'll be forgotten in a week.

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 15, 2024

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I'm always caught off guard by how little I miss Sammy when he's gone. straight up forget he exists until he returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

neoaxd posted:

i agree, Brian's great