Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

Show kicked rear end, high quality matches (especially Penta and Copeland), tons of good character stuff, and a pissed off Ospreay.

Also the tape reveal was masterfully done, even without getting into the content of it. The Bucks remain heels by blaming their loss at Wembley on it. FTR remain faces by not commenting on the content of the tape, but just saying they’re sick and tired of it. The Bucks are the weirdo online fans who can’t get past it and it’s funny and a little concerning how many people online will miss that and just think “oh the Bucks are obsessed with Punk”.

Yeah, the video reveal was definitely a “go gently caress yourself, here’s what really happened” but they used it to build a future match and presented the idea of “please just loving forget about this now” as the baby face response.

FTR had an extremely difficult and unenviable job bringing it back after THE TAPE and they landed that plane smooth as butter

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

we stay winning, we can't stop winning

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

my biggest takeaway from THE FOOTAGE is that Paul Turner is a badass because he got right in the middle of that faster than Samoa Joe

a real ref's ref lmao, I hope he was shouting "WIN IT IN THE RING!!" and then loudly counting to 10 while he did it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Someone in the back?

can't believe Phony Con would do this

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Stall_19 posted:

You think Punk was hurt at all with this video? Find me one person who mind was changed in any way with this video. Like Punk got chants in the arena during and after the footage.

do you know literally nothing about Punk or how his brain operates?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

fez_machine posted:

he had the Shibata brain operation

diagnosis after removal of punk brain:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

An anonymous source who definitely positively absolutely was not Taz stated

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Danhausen can put on facepaint, do goofy bits, move merch, etc, but he ain't never shaking that Short Man Syndrome

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/tigerstyIepro/status/1778509824721907871?t=ZIv4ojKd7faUBat0DfMUlA&s=19

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cactus Jack Perry is as Elite as they come brother

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

chicago does suck tbf

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Alaois posted:

Pack Jerry

\     /
   /

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Carwash oval office posted:

I've been watching AEW since Bryan arrived, one question I've thought of a couple times: is Hangman used as a special attraction? He seems to come and go quite a bit. Even as chap, he wasn't always the focus of a show. It works for him I think, his matches always deliver, it just seems like he is on a different schedule.

Hangers a guy they always seem to want to keep strong and presumably his appearances will ramp up once Swerve has the belt.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

it's actually pretty wild how this is one of the only places left on the internet that treats aew with any sort of fairness

not sure what happened recently but it really does seem like every other website / content creator just decided to poo poo on them all at once

Cornette saw traffic for his lovely podcast SKYROCKET when he started making GBS threads on AEW and every other group of microphone dipshits who struggle to crack four digit views immediately jumped on the bandwagon

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

At this point I fully believe the discredited theory that Malakai got some injury his body never recovered 100% from. Trios member doing a 2 minute sequence? Gigastar. Singles 8 minute match? Not enough gas in the tank.

AAA: Tenemos BCC at home...
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1779933294915727377?t=cY-QScxtDqLCAuki8d0geg&s=19

Black on tweets was all about Black saying he was fine, uninjured, and ready to go. Then he would turn around and do interviews mentioning that his back was so bad that doctors weren't sure surgery would even help and he had trouble getting out of bed in the morning. In conclusion Malachy Blacky is a land of contrasts.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Oh I forgot the time that Malakai said, "actually my back is perfectly fine and good now and indeed never had serious problems at all" and then immediately after talked about how his knee was on the surgery list and his calf was torn lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cactus Jack Perry should squash Okada until he learns how to hardcam

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I have never once had an issue wearing a wrassle shirt or hoodie with a logo on it, what a bizarre concept.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Ok, please send your size to tony, your AJ styles cum shirt will be in the mail

about fuckin time

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

and the Sin Cara cock shirt too

oh you mean my church shirt 💅

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Moxley is so loving cool. he bleeds everywhere and yells and throws guys, it owns.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

https://www.realrasslin.net/post/aew-potentially-punished-by-archaic-oklahoma-athletic-commission

Someone dug up something troublesome, the Oklahoma SAC has at least discussed taking action against AEW for Nyla Rose's match last December. Oklahoma has some incredibly archaic rules regarding intergender wrestling and as you can imagine how they classify transgender athletes.

gently caress these braindead shitkicker hicks.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sammy Guevara vs He Own Brain

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jeroen posted:

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens was a great feud since that kickstarted AEW and I won't be convinced otherwise

Jericho was mad because the fed wouldn't let him come out to Fozzy songs lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Hook is living on borrowed time until Okada figures out he's a young boy

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Time for the Elite to lean into the WCW 2000 comparisons and bring in David Arquette when they bring back Jack.

Arquette is good now ever since Nick Gage cut his throat

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Oklahoma is one of the shittiest states in America and that is really saying something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

In positive news:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1780347938939813931?t=mLiECihbPFcTaI5k95gWBg&s=19

https://twitter.com/tigerstyIepro/status/1780402885357941139?t=c41lXJYC9XIW83nZstYGXw&s=19