Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hefty Leftist posted:

who gives a gently caress. when AEW does anything at all it gets called low rent and a mudshow even when its great. why should AEW constantly take hits and never give anything back? better yet they shot back and furthered a storyline for the PPV with it

agreed with all of this

i really liked the show and they did the footage segment as well as they could. wwe punching from above the second they have a shred of fan goodwill is scummy and low-rent but its barely acknowledged by the pearl-clutchers, who gives a poo poo. go watch the slop if you like it so much. but yeah, great episode of Wrestling top to bottom for me, thats what i like out of it, mission acccomplished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gavok posted:

The thing that sticks out to me about the footage is Punk's post-fight outburst. The story was that poo poo went down and he screamed, "I loving QUIT" at Tony and even had to be talked into doing his match. That always suggested that Jack Perry did more than just say the real glass stuff. There had to be some level of escalation on Jack's side that would get Punk so worked up in that moment. Starting the confrontation, getting in Punk's face, giving a push, throwing a punch, something.

Instead, Jack just stood there, basically shrugging. Punk escalated poo poo on his own and overreacted to the point that he was basically saying, "I can't believe this guy made me mad enough to suckerpunch him! I can't work here anymore!"

the whole situation makes punk look like the most immature little pissbaby unless you have absolute scrambled eggs for brains

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

internet tough guy 130 lbs soaking wet danhausen is just... how did you arrive here man lmao

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I won’t post tweets with spoilers or anything but this one from Windy City Riot feels safe

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1778959001805312173

jungle jack rules long live cactus jack perry

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

jack perry fuckin rules, this is the best thing that coulda happened to him

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Jeroen posted:

Tony can make up for the boneheaded Punk angle by licensing Chaka Khan for Swerve next week.

Tony i will pretend to be mad at whatever you're most insecure about if you give me this one thing to win back my love

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the only wrestling podcast at all worth listening to is deadlock, it is known

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Love a wrestling shirt that could plausibly be a band shirt.

i generally only get wrestling shirts that look like they could be band/other things and those are all dope. id prob get the top right but honestly id cut any of the three into yet another crop top

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

graph posted:

are any of the other us streaming platforms up to buy die nasty yet

everybody dies (nasty)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Trying posted:

Metalingus is a very silly name for a song

ON THIS DAY

I EAT PU-*i am yanked off the forum stage with a comically long hooked cane*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

gently caress the state of oklahoma, gently caress republican shitheads and their politicians, goddamn hate cult running half of the govt