Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Great dynamite top to bottom. Btw, this is what it really looks like when you choke someone a little

https://x.com/wrestle__media/status/1710056225918927203?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Shard posted:

if the worst thing on your show is you think some footage was a little boring, let me tell you it can get a lot worse!
I don’t know why people were expecting the footage itself to not be boring. It was an untrained fighter vs the worst trained fighter ever and people thought they were gonna get goku vs vegeta

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Cope's apron powerslam to Penta was pretty drat nuts. Lots of fun spots! I can't believe he took a top rope Code Red.

A great night for fans of powerslams

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

If anything I don't get suspending Perry after that, dude did literally nothing physical

its literally like in high school where even if the other person didnt throw a punch both participants would still get suspended. just like the bucks said, it was a high school scrap really in every way

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The337th posted:

Lol, Punk with the biggest free shot in the world on a dude adjusting his hair and he barely stumbles him

What a badass

its like when andrade sucker punched sammy

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

some clearer footage of the crowd when they showed the tape. I thought the first videos saying this was a cm punk chant was weird. the number of syllables matched, but it sounded like no cm punk chant I had ever heard before.

https://twitter.com/KidouWrestling/status/1778387531555311779

Thank you Jack

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

tony khan has done it. I love will ospreay now. cant believe I used to be a hater.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

fez_machine posted:

This is a match I'll enjoy but maybe let Lee Johnson win? Shibata can take a singles loss.

wrong lee

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I didn’t get worked by Tony because he makes that face probably every time heels do something petty

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

That got really good

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I figured out how to watch aew on the platforms I use so I was wondering how lost would I be if I just started watching with the April shows?

You’ll be fine

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Cool. Thanks

The stickied thread by Gavok should also have some good stuff if you like what you see weekly. I’ve been watching from the start, so I don’t know how exactly to get your hands on older stuff, but aew is popular enough here that you should be able to find someone to help.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Most of the old stuff is on archive.org. it is just inconvenient to phone watch it.
interesting. roh papes are on there too. you should watch the briscoes vs ftr trilogy asap. supercard of honor 2022, death before dishonor 2022, and final battle 2022. thats the order.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lol

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

this elite vs PAC, Penta, and Garcia match next week on dynamite should get 40 minutes. also no commercials.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1c4v4rd/the_cat_or_goat_is_out_of_the_bag_jack_perry/

nice to see a wrestler not trying to scam a freelance artist

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

How many belts does AEW have? There seems to be way too many

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

5 are men's single. Feels like too many

not really. especially when you consider how large their roster is.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

The FTW belt feels like a useless belt like the 2nd world heavyweight belt wwe has

its a vanity belt

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Shard posted:

this post doesn't exemplify the FTW lifestyle

its a very FTL post

Jackie D posted:

What's the distinction between the international and Continental titles

And what separates those from the TNT title

you can ask this about pretty much all midcard belts of the last 30 years.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Hold on. The belts have specific rule sets around them? Is this true in WWE too?

Ok cool. Thanks for the explanation. 😃

not currently, but I guess they have in the past, like the hardcore title and the 24/7 title

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

arquette trying to shoot on gage and gage judo throwing him is one of the great moments in wrestling history

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBz5UBktW5c&t=240s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Integrated Houston posted:

AEW should continue going to Oklahoma, include Nyla on the cards, and just pay whatever bullshit fine.

eh, I think this sounds good at first but that would involve giving ok money. so would booking a venue there. imo the best way to go about it is to just never have a show there until the laws change + they apologize for being pieces of poo poo to one of your wrestlers