Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

xbilkis posted:

This is the main thing that makes everyone freaking out about this look like a dunce, to me. I can fathom the idea that you think airing the footage was a bad idea or counterproductive, but also they immediately followed it by having the good guys come out and cut a WE WANT TO MOVE ON AND FOCUS ON EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS COMPANY!! promo. That's the end of it! If you are tired of Punk stuff, that was the show telling you that's a normal feeling to have and they're not going to dwell on it

Yeah. It didn't work for in terms of getting me fired up for the match (because I'm just not excited by FTR these days), but it was really good at giving them a coherent motivation moving forward and it established that that era of the company is over*.

*Until Jack Perry comes back and the Bucks applaud him as their perfect little Californian golden boy, but you don't have to allude to Punk during that. Call it burying the hatchet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Watching a storyline this loving gay on nationally televised wrestling is still melting my mind. In a good way, but still.

(Also that part of Cope's promo was awkward, but sometimes a meeting goes off track and you need to recenter it.)

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Gavok posted:

Outside of Arcade Anarchy, that all seems fair.

I personally think the Texas Chainsaw deathmatch paid a high price for the sins of WWE's licensed matches, but... yeah, I still get it. A big goofy deathmatch to promote an advertiser is a good idea and that one hit all the points I'd want it to hit, but... well, it's still an ad combined with a bunch of goofy brawling spots.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Hold on. The belts have specific rule sets around them? Is this true in WWE too?

AEW's belts don't have formal rules, but they pick up rules that the champion wants. When a member of House of Black holds a title, their title matches are generally House Rules (which mostly amounts to "the challenger gets to pick a stipulation, we'll beat you anyway"). The International Championship was essentially open-challenge when Orange Cassidy held it, because Orange accepted any challenge at any time. The TNT Title currently has a recurring open challenge, because Adam Copeland wants one. Beyond that... yeah, they just drift up and down the card based on how over the people holding the title are.

WWE doesn't really do this beyond basic "the cruiserweight belt can only be challenged for by cruiserweight wrestlers" stuff, and that's mostly because they just don't care about their lower card belts or the people holding them.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Suleman posted:

If we count the ROH Pure Championship, that's an exception.

Good point, I forgot about that. And the Continental belt will probably have some formal rule around the Continental Classic, but we won't know those until the next tournament.

In any case, I was still mostly correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Sandman from ECW posted:

So does this mean you can't do inter gender wrestling in Oklahoma or this just purely a thing about being lovely to the trans community?

Not very cool either way!

I didn't read the X

You can't run intergender matches in Oklahoma, and also they're being wildly transphobic.