Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Revolutionary Girl Mariah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

Show kicked rear end, high quality matches (especially Penta and Copeland), tons of good character stuff, and a pissed off Ospreay.

Also the tape reveal was masterfully done, even without getting into the content of it. The Bucks remain heels by blaming their loss at Wembley on it. FTR remain faces by not commenting on the content of the tape, but just saying they’re sick and tired of it. The Bucks are the weirdo online fans who can’t get past it and it’s funny and a little concerning how many people online will miss that and just think “oh the Bucks are obsessed with Punk”.

Yeah, the video reveal was definitely a “go gently caress yourself, here’s what really happened” but they used it to build a future match and presented the idea of “please just loving forget about this now” as the baby face response.

Dax really fired up the crowd as well, I thought his promo was excellent. He definitively showed that FTR are in AEW to stay and sold the match hard, to the point that the crowd was chanting for them.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Chris Hero finally on AEW tv

Come back, Hero

I miss him so much :(

He said in his Unrestricted podcast interview that he only wants to be onscreen as a wrestler if they can make it special and not just a nostalgia pop and I really do respect that but god what I wouldn't give to hear "K O W KINGS" one last time.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

During one of the commercials Shane Taylor hit Hook with the loudest chop I've ever heard. Give him his graphic.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Cope's apron powerslam to Penta was pretty drat nuts. Lots of fun spots! I can't believe he took a top rope Code Red.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

STING 64 posted:

shane taylor has been signed for over a year

I figured he was signed but for some reason I thought he never got a graphic. I probably just missed it.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Mother FUCKER!!!!

That's it, I'm dressing those dogs in a trenchcoat!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Cavauro posted:

i should have been prepared to go to the show in case of an announcement like that. just can't swing it this time. learnt my lesson

We can commiserate :(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This show was good because it had everything that makes wrestling good: luchadors in cool outfits, old men doing gnarly poo poo, violence, drama, blood, people getting hit with foreign objects, sex, a guy with a lot of money, hyped up people screaming at the camera, and really loud chops. It was pro wrestling at its purest.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sisal Two-Step posted:

aew looks like such a joke. what a bunch of losers. i can't believe they won't let Willow wrestle Cope in the Copen for the TNT title. #BigStokeWasRight

This!!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

Laughed real hard at Stokely throwing out that challenge. Fun little segment even if Copeland completely took Willow’s idea right out of her mouth and suggested it as his own.

I feel like he was a little out of it from the match lol

It was a fun segment all around; I laughed at him making up a silly nickname for the Cope/Eddie/Mark trio :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Schiavone dropping that the mixed tag match next week will be the first time the TNT and TBS champion will "face off" in a match (inasmuch as they can) was a cute little factoid. It's neat and I hope they mix the divisions more as it's a good way to help the whole show feel integrated and cohesive.

It's something I noticed with Copeland early on, both he and Eddie commenting on the Young Bucks' attack on Sting and Darby. Acknowledgement that people know what's happening on their own TV show, even just tiny lines, can add a lot.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Wintermutant posted:

Did anyone ever figure out what that weird diagram was that flashed on screen early on in the episode?

I think it's just a quick and dirty production layout. Camera positioning, stuff like that.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

kalensc posted:

Been a busy three weeks, I have several Dynamites & Collisions backlogged, and I haven't been keeping up with these threads so I was completely out of the loop.

Skimmed the OP and had to do a triple-take when the recap said the legit All In footage was shown. Felt good to have a :monocle: :tviv: moment out of nowhere like that.

How long ago did the Bucks start mentioning the video in kayfabe? April 3rd Dynamite, a Rampage/Collision, or was it on social media? Keen to see how they worked it into the show.

Last Collision it was announced. But it only came about because of Punk going on Helwani and having a heavily-publicized interview where he lied about the events despite not even being asked about the incident.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This does remind me that I need to get the PPV bundle for Dynasty and the rest when my next paycheck clears. Should be some great shows. Absolutely stoked for Forb this year with the probable addition of STARDOM and CMLL.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shard posted:

I want an Indiana pape! I'll settle for Kentucky I guess as long as it's like northwest kentucky. I could probably do Ohio too

Forb next year in Columbus, OH...trust the process.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Luckily, what's still free is reading the Ryback's take on the footage

That's the Big Guy for you, no lies, only meat on the table :hai:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Kangaroo-like lunge vs. Big Hawaiian-looking dude

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I really liked the end of Ospreay's promo. The crowd was starting to follow along with "On Another Level" and his moving his hand upwards was a great touch that looked very good on-camera.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Okada vs. PAC is one of those really unbelievable matches AEW likes to toss out every so often, just a match that until the bell rings I won't believe is happening but I couldn't be more excited for. PAC is such a compelling wrestler - he found what works for him (being as From Newcastle as possible) and is living it up. It's gonna be fantastic.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

OH HELL :stare:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sandman from ECW posted:

I should save this for the Hell Thread but AEW needs to get rid of the cheap Death Star back drop they’ve been using the last little while. I don’t have any better ideas though. I guess they can keep using it.

I think they should just use backstage areas more often than not. It helps ground the show in reality when wrestlers are cutting interviews on their way to the car or are all meeting up around what is clearly an "interview area" like the fun Cope And The Gang segment last night or are watching the feed from production or their locker room. This kind of backstage area feels too divorced from the happenings in the ring.

On the other hand, the WCW-style interviews on the stage with Renee have been kickass.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sandman from ECW posted:

For a brief, glorious moment in time the indy’s collectively had the sickest tag division ever. KoW, Briscoes, Young Bucks, American Wolves, Future Shock, Wrestlings Greatest Tag Team, All Night Express, C & C Factory, Super Smash Bros, The Colony, Osirian Portal, FIST, 3.0, The Spectral Envoy, Jigsaw & Quackenbush. Probably more I’m forgetting.

2011 was probably the greatest year in my life

You and me both. The Throwbacks, the Batiri, Bruderschaft Des Kreuzes...we were living so large.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I miss Tim Donst so loving much

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Hefty Leftist posted:

might be a good thing for HOOK really if he went over to NJPW or Impact for a bit and tried out some stuff on his own. he's still really young

That'd be great, yeah. No qualms with him in AEW but getting some extra experience in other places can be a good thing. At least he'd do well with an excursion.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

They do some before and some after.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Danhausen stole my gimmick back when he was just Donovan so I'll never forgive him :colbert:

(That's not true, he's very nice in my experience, and I enjoy his character work and fun comedy very much but this is a very silly thing to do.)

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm actually pretty excited for the new Bucks/FTR match now that I've sat on it for a few days. The added Jack Perry tease makes it spicier, and you either get a great team with a fun workhorse gimmick having cool face matches or you get a great team on a hot heel run with gold having cool heel matches. Either way, you're gonna get tag matches and belt defenses. Big wins all around.

It would have been nice to see Top Flight or Private Party go farther but I have a good feeling about the tag titles, whatever happens at Dynasty.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Will was right and the promo rocked :hai:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Lamuella posted:

On a related matter, Alex Windsor is incredibly good and would make a great addition to any promotion's roster.

Absolutely. Loved her little TJPW run. I actually gasped when Ospreay mentioned that's who his wife was on the Jericho podcast. Hope that things go well for her and she gets bookings when she wants.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I love Tony Schiavone very much and I want nothing but good things for him.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The numbers don't lie.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sandman from ECW posted:

Miro and Archer as the New Age Road Warriors would be pretty sweet not gonna lie.

Brian Cage and Big Bill did one match like this and it was very good. More of this please

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

gently caress yes I forgot MCMG are probably coming. God drat we are feasting. And we'll be feasting even more when THE BIG GUY, RYBACK, PUTS MEAT ON THE TABLE #FEEDMEMORE

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I HATE YOU TONY

LIKE I LOVE YOU FOR THIS MATCH BUT YOU KNEW I WASN'T GONNA BE ABLE TO GO

:argh:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

We finally have a sequel to Abyss and his Dangerous Pit... blessed timeline

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This new PAC promo is pretty good

https://twitter.com/vice_147/status/1778171624824389959?t=mlEql4MIAe1y8WiRb9ZPBw&s=19

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

His return as part of the new Elite is gonna be so sweet. :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1778978709556334953?t=Hqga89-G5PDRa2WEN_CMVA&s=19

More Timecop...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm not sure the solution to someone posting spoilers (or, I guess, results but for a show that ended late last night) is for others to then quote the post containing the spoilers, keeping them visible.

Understandably uncool move though, at least wait a few days...