Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Show kicked rear end, high quality matches (especially Penta and Copeland), tons of good character stuff, and a pissed off Ospreay.

Also the tape reveal was masterfully done, even without getting into the content of it. The Bucks remain heels by blaming their loss at Wembley on it. FTR remain faces by not commenting on the content of the tape, but just saying they’re sick and tired of it. The Bucks are the weirdo online fans who can’t get past it and it’s funny and a little concerning how many people online will miss that and just think “oh the Bucks are obsessed with Punk”.

Yeah, the video reveal was definitely a “go gently caress yourself, here’s what really happened” but they used it to build a future match and presented the idea of “please just loving forget about this now” as the baby face response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

STING 64 posted:

punk really should have gotten the shibata procedure

After the Kojima match they had to take his shattered balls out but they weren’t able to put them back in, so he had what’s known in the medical community as a “Half Shibata”.

During this segment my wife goes “everybody’s gay for Mariah May” which i feel could become a t shirt.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Can’t wait for Willow to bark right back at Brody next week.

Willow kicks rear end. It looks like her and Mercedes is a sure thing, that’s gonna be great.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Lamuella posted:

I wouldn't worry about it

“I’m so Punked up”

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

graph posted:

so who do we think beat up mercedes. stat ?

Heel Mercedes seems to be where they’re headed, I think she faked it.

My wild, out there guess is that Britt Baker’s on her way back and it was her.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I’m not a huge fan of having All In and All Out a week apart BUT they did a drat good job last year of making the two shows feel like big deals and that was with the insanity of All In going on.

The rest of this seems good. I know we’ll never get a Pittsburgh PPV but dammit Tony you say we’re a great crowd and an huge wrestling city every time you come, give us a drat pape!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I met Mox at a convention and had him sign his book. I told him how great he was and how inspirational it was to follow his career and realize you can take a gamble on yourself and leave a safe and lucrative job that makes you miserable. He said something like “hell yeah man you get it” and then said the guys in front of me in line were “weird motherfuckers”. Then he took a picture with my wife and I and said Renee would love my wife’s purse.

This is the best interaction I’ve ever had with a wrestler and Moxley will forever be my Ace because of it. Well, that and the time he got that dude kicked outta Dynamite when he came back from rehab.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Time to rename him the ScapeGOAT.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

graph posted:

thinking about all the good wrestling i watched this weekend :)

I wasn’t really hyped about Battle of the Belts but that ended up being one hell of an hour long show.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

When I was still using Twitter any post I made about AEW would be swarmed with replies like “AEW sux” and a half dozen accounts all posting “nobody watching this”. If you looked at the accounts that posted it they were very obviously bots in that they had under 50 followers, followed thousands of people, and would all say basically the same thing again and again.

Considering some of the insanity we see in this very forum, I’m not surprised that some people spend actual money online to create these bot armies to hype up their hatred of AEW.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense for WWE to pay for these bots themselves?

I don’t think they need to, I think they’re built up a large enough and (in some cases) crazy enough fan base to do all that on their own.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Ogogo actually seems pretty good when he's not tied to a "Rarrgghhhh Britain good, USA bad!" gimmick and adds a fun dynamic to STP.

You have a big beefy strong guy, a tall punch guy, and a smaller technical guy. That gives them a LOT of opportunity for fun and varied matches with a lot of guys. Good stuff.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

When you go to a live AEW show they spray a bunch of grease in the arena to lube things up. It's how the wrestlers are able to do so many athletic things.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Before Hobbs was aligned with Team Taz he had a match with Darby (I think the story may have been that Taz was going to pay him if he beat Darby really badly) and yelled out "I'm sorry, I NEED this!" as he started beating up Darby. He was just a jobber at the time but that really stuck with me, this was somebody who understood his character really well and understood WHY he'd be having this match with Darby. Have been a fan ever since.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Can we get a video package here for Skibidi Toilet please

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I love all of my Best Friends shirts and get regular compliments for them.

I really wish AEW would sell the freaking tracksuits they wear because I would 100% wear that outfit to a theme park or walking around the neighborhood.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Ganso Bomb posted:

Might I direct you to the WWE thread where intense camera use and television production chat is taking place?

What else is there to discuss with WWE? The wrestling?!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Captain Foo posted:

The pape is soon and I’m so ready

I'll miss watching this one live but it's one of the most stacked papes they've ever done and I can't wait to watch it Monday evening. I just hope to avoid all spoilers prior to that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

No matter what you think of Jericho right now he was 100% the right pick for the first AEW world champion.

He's an extremely accomplished wrestler and him showing up in a different wrestling promotion than WWE was pretty shocking at the time. Even when he had his New Japan run, the general thought was "oh, he'll be back to WWE soon". This completely changed that and led to AEW feeling like a viable alternative.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Jericho stayed a babyface too long, although I think a lot of that has to do with Kenny's unexpected illness. He was just kinda... there for a while, not really doing anything and having matches that ranged from "not good" to "pretty fun", which isn't really utilizing what Jericho's good at.

But if he becomes a smarmy know-it-all? This could be gold.

I mean, he trademarked "The Jericho Vortex". He's a smart dude, he knows what's up.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Jericho as an insane wannabe locker room leader giving people intentionally bad advice so he looks better is where I see this going. It also lets him riff on so many of the worst people out there.

Like he tells Hook he should start wearing an orange mask to honor his dad, or tells Top Flight that they should stay off the top rope and focus on submission moves instead.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Matthew Jackson posted:

I watched the videos and thought, ‘Whoa. Young, handsome SoCal kid with a great head of hair. Seems misunderstood. Has tons of confidence. He reminds me a lot of me and Nicholas at his age.’

The new 4-man Elite is gonna kick so much rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

FEED ME MORE
CRY ME A RIVER