Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Punk reminds me of a guy I knew from a comedy scene in a city I used to live in who would get all huffy and mad when someone would pan his stuff (or even stuff like his stuff) and get in people’s faces and demand they “say it to my face.”

Also funny that after all the hype of the Punk footage, Will taking a shot back at Paul got the bigger reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I was initially hoping Mariah’s Stardom friend saving her from Anna would setup a return tag match with Tay, but she had her baby ay more recently than I thought..

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Can’t wait for Willow to bark right back at Brody next week.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Put that little clam digger on commentary

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Hook would like to earn the most money possible on his next contract.”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Minidust posted:

Am I the only one who assumed Ospreay was referring to Brie Bella being John Laurinaitis’s daughter? Basically attributing Danielson’s breakthrough in mainstream U.S. wrestling to the Total Divas crew. My mind didn’t even go to HHH, maybe I wasn’t playing close enough attention.

It was directly referencing a HHH interview from earlier in the week, so yeah, probably just you.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Will Ospreay's shot at Triple H was Ospreay's own idea after feeling HHH had "mocked his worth ethic and dedication to the business":

As far as Ospreay, the promo was entirely his idea as he had very personal reasons to respond back.

Management cleared it when he requested it as he felt that after Levesque took a cheap shot at him, he didn’t think it was wrong to jab back.

It was bad timing because of the Punk thing, but Ospreay brought the idea to Khan, and even said he’d take full responsibility for it. Obviously the final responsibility is Khan, who clearly approved.

Ospreay felt that when one of the most important people in the business, who he had respectfully negotiated with, had mocked his work ethic and dedication to the business. He had said he’s never knocked WWE or its performers during the entire time. So he wanted to respond.

His feeling was that WWE was fully aware about his situation with his partner, woman wrestling star Alex Windsor, and his stepson. But Levesque still took a cheap shot at him and he felt Levesque deserved one back. - WON

God bless him, but Dave is terrible at communicating ideas.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

When will Jack Perry be held accountable for clearly modeling his Scapegoat shirt off of the Onion’s Sickos shirt?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

God drat right, it’s a beautiful day.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Huh, guess some of the handwringing was premature.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

If a show is on in US Primetime you just can't expect people are going to not excitedly post about it in related threads. People are used to doing that. If a New Japan show airs at 4 AM Eastern Time, there is definitely a little more tact expected to not immediately post because the majority of poster on this forum aren't awake yet. But when the official AEW accounts are posting it, it's hard to say DON'T POST THIS! Tony Khan wants you to know about it, I will not reject his message.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1779202878017593770

Ian getting to do Collision in Allentown will be cool.

Seems like they’re more regularly doing taped Collisions for their upcoming shows.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DeepDickPizza posted:

Those shows are around the time of the NBA Finals. Even though those are on ABC, that may have something to do with it?

That would definitely explain the May taped shows, could see them continuing on that cadence for a little afterwards for logistics.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't Blood and Guts usually early summer? Seems like that would be a good place for this BCC vs Callis Family to end.

They’ve run it in May, June and July so far, yeah. I would be incredibly surprised if Will remains in the Callis family long enough to build to that though.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Another PPV cycle coming to an end means I can start convincing myself Rush will be back soon, maybe they’ll swap out Mark Jindrak from Wish for The Beast Mortos in La Faccion Ingobernable and we’ll all be better off for it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Love a wrestling shirt that could plausibly be a band shirt.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Roddy is bringing it to DPW, maybe he'll put it on the line there.

Its also on the poster for the Prestige show in July he was just announced for (he could obviously drop it before then, but definitely surprising that AEW would allow the belt on the poster for an indie show).

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Majinfoose posted:

And Triller has the next three PPVs for $50

This is just outside of US if you don’t have a VPN, yeah?

How’s Fite/Triller’s in progress rewind/FF compared to B/R? Does it actually exist?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

My first preference would be for Jericho to take a two or three month vacation, but if he’s going to be around might as well be heel and not coming out to Judas.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Time for the Elite to lean into the WCW 2000 comparisons and bring in David Arquette when they bring back Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Arquette is good now ever since Nick Gage cut his throat

Yes, correct, he deserves redemption on TV.