Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Ganso Bomb posted:

FTR promo kind of sold the whole airing of the video for me. Was a good “we all saw it, it’s loving done, let’s move on, we’ll be the future of this company if the Bucks don’t want to be” stamp on things. The video never has to be referenced again and the feud can just be about two teams wanting to be the best and gently caress each other up.

This is the main thing that makes everyone freaking out about this look like a dunce, to me. I can fathom the idea that you think airing the footage was a bad idea or counterproductive, but also they immediately followed it by having the good guys come out and cut a WE WANT TO MOVE ON AND FOCUS ON EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS COMPANY!! promo. That's the end of it! If you are tired of Punk stuff, that was the show telling you that's a normal feeling to have and they're not going to dwell on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1778261394627899595

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1778258107115647200

Hook-Shane Taylor is a nice little match for the show nobody cares about

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

illcendiary posted:

They should have just fully owned it and had Tony come out and do a tight five about the footage instead of shoehorning it into an angle

I think a kind of clunky angle is way preferable to Tony Khan Presents Footage Of CM Punk Looking 10% Worse Than You Might Imagine, personally. In the end the majority of the airtime tonight surrounding The Tape was taken up by the Bucks cutting a good heel promo and FTR cutting a good face promo; I'll take that for an angle I wasn't particularly interested in before the spectre of All In Footage was introduced

AEW has certainly aired plenty of segments with significantly worse moments than backstage footage of a high-profile incident and ~20 seconds of suboptimal chanting. Hell, they aired a much worse segment within the past seven days

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Miching Mallecho posted:

I think it's going to be heel statlander vs Mone to start

If they need to keep Mercedes face while she's still a shiny new signing, then this is probably the best way to go about it. Heel Willow would be cramming a square peg into a round hole and should be a non-starter. If you have Stat and Stoke go "Look we beat Mercedes up for you :)" only for Willow to go "uhh what the gently caress I didn't want you to do that," then you get to do Unlikely Allies Mercedes n Willow vs. Stat and whoever else you rope into this angle

Still would ultimately rather have this end with Heel Mercedes but I'll believe they're willing to do that when I see it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Old people and children HATE the tape

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Shane Taylor should honestly win this. You can have Trent interfere with OC to fuel that feud, and a win over OC would go a long way to give STP the credibility that a lot of AEW midcarders lack because they never get to go over people who are actually important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Shard posted:

every week I see someone post a prediction of a match ending with interference and it happens so little in AEW outside of specific groups that I never expect it to happen.

Heels getting dirty wins in AEW isn't really a rare occurrence. In fact Shane Taylor Promotions got one on the last episode of Dynamite