Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just gonna reiterate my point in the gdt that was a really great show that I really enjoyed. I know not everyone liked it but I just can't understand why unless you are already predisposed to not liking aew. It had good matches, fun drama, real life stuff woven into ongoing storyline. And when folks say oh man it was so embarassing all I can think back to is poo poo like Vince having Trish bark like a dog and being like man some folks' baseline is out of wack. It's wrestling, if the worst thing on your show is you think some footage was a little boring, let me tell you it can get a lot worse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was so excited about them showing the tape, they actually showed the tape, and once again AEW proves if they promise something they are not going to bait and switch you

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress it Prok, just post the whole drat fight. It can fit in 1 tweet.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh I forgot to mention, when my daughter saw the tape and Punk walked on screen she said why is he wearing a diaper

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

El Generico posted:

Delusional people on Twitter being like "it shows he told the exact truth!"

Uhh, he said he "only choked him a little" and that's not what happened at all

don't even worry about it - literally the only fans left of Punk are the most cult like. It's just not worth your time. But you know what is worth your time? Being reminded of this:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037972

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I yell gently caress YOU a lot at my TV during wrestling when something happens that my brain can't comprehend and I certainly yelled gently caress YOU at my TV after that move

I do the exact same thing lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tweak posted:

I’m feel like I’m losing my mind reading all the comments about how it went down exactly how Punk said

It didnt. They are lying. Delete Twitter and reddit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hey what determines when you Quan someone?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Trying posted:

wrestling fans… dumb?… n-no….

Don't worry. We're not. Trust me

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://x.com/AEWonTV/status/1778237549334462951

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Activate posted:

Showing the video was a really bad and aimless idea, and doing it after an incredibly popular Wrestlemania made AEW look super low rent.

gently caress wwe and gently caress wrestlemania. Its run by sex traffickers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Activate posted:

And it had absolutely had to be done this way?

I guess they could have just sued punk for the podcast like the wwe doctor did

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ZHamburglar posted:

Proud to be one of Tiny Tony's Little Stinkers.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s a shame all this centers, in AEW at least around a weird little guy who can’t promo and looks like a goof, used to be friends with a Dinosaur. I wish Punk had attacked someone cooler!

Jungle Boy is cooler and a better wrestler than Cody Rhodes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I been saying it. AEW is a buffet for us Bi's

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sisal Two-Step posted:

aew looks like such a joke. what a bunch of losers. i can't believe they won't let Willow wrestle Cope in the Copen for the TNT title. #BigStokeWasRight

loving this. I wanna see Willow pounce that mother fucker out of the ring!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love bored Okada. Just so secure in his knowledge he's better than everyone else.

God now I want to see a fourway match this year of Okada vs Kenny vs Osprey vs Danielson

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want more aew wrestlers, especially the younger ones, to go on excursions. It's just such a good way to help foster growth.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cope rules.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ThePariah posted:

Why are we pearl clutching about this move again?

a lot of times, as fans get older, the moves that are sick and cool make us worry. It's because as we age, we overly worry about these guys getting hurt.

But I wouldn't worry about Okada. He's the best, I'm sure he's protecting people as much as possible during his stuff while also making it look like murder.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

The funniest part about the tape was Hook lurking nearby giving no shits at all, and then finally being like "Better make sure my FTW belt doesn't get hurt"

Minding your own business is a cornerstone of living an FTW lifestyle.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Tbh I rather see people pearl clutch about rasslin' moves than the sanctity of wrestling being tarnished by AEW airing the footage of Punk.

don't go to twitter

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sandman from ECW posted:

Dynamite kicked rear end. There was some fun matches and almost every promo was “hot fire” as the kids say. Do the kids say that?

these days the kids say stuff like glaze and lock in

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

neoaxd posted:

I'm experiencing the reverse. My bloodlust gets stronger and stronger with each passing day. I want 'em to get out there and gently caress each other up. I want a death match to be literal.

I mean I'm def part of the sicko krewe, but a lot of times when I scream at the tv it's usually because I'm so scared someone was gonna get hurt. A lot of times that someone was Sting lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a loving week between All In and All Out drat it Tony my wallet!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Miching Mallecho posted:

If there's a ppv bundle on fite,going to get it this time. :hai:

I already bought the one that's on their now. It's for Dynasty and the next two I believe.
https://www.trillertv.com/article/exclusive-aew-ppv-bundles-for-aew-plus-subscribers-trillertv/

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

three saturday papes in a row at the end of the year - yes and thank you.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol the closest to me are St. Louis which is too soon for me to work it out and Chicago which lol gently caress ever going to a show in Chicago.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

It's easy when you live here :getin:

e: I've enjoyed not having shows here every three months, but I'm getting itch again!

I wonder if there will be mixed cm punk chants again like last time. Or if it'll be full blown cm punk chants

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

400 dollers pls - tones "tony" khan

vpn baby

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm not chanting that person's name, and a lot of others are in the same boat.

There will be chants however, and I hate it.

just promise me you won't chant we want tables please

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want an Indiana pape! I'll settle for Kentucky I guess as long as it's like northwest kentucky. I could probably do Ohio too

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Forb next year in Columbus, OH...trust the process.

I drove to Columbus for work last year I can def make that drive. I'm there if it does.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

some clearer footage of the crowd when they showed the tape. I thought the first videos saying this was a cm punk chant was weird. the number of syllables matched, but it sounded like no cm punk chant I had ever heard before.

https://twitter.com/KidouWrestling/status/1778387531555311779

Thank you Jack

Thank you Jack

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Deal. Can I chant "MEAT" if it's applicable?

I insist

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

just a reminder that Jon Moxley rules

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1778454474417410407

Jon Moxley posted:

Jon Moxley on his worth in the wrestling business and his critics:

“Even if I win [the IWGP World title], it’s not going to matter. I’ll be the most overlooked, disrespected, forgotten about, taken for granted wrestler in the history of this business. It’s not gonna matter. But it means something to me.

It's been over 10 years now of people trying to put me in a box and tell me who and what I am, and what I can and can't accomplish. Tell me what my limits are. All these years later, I'm still breaking records. I'm still doing the impossible.

5 years ago, I was pronounced DOA.. dead before I even walked through the doors of NJPW. I just keep continuing to subvert expectations.”

(via interview with NJPW)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sometimes homies just gotta kiss.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

god I might be most excited for this match. What a crazy pape. Okada vs Pac. Danielson vs Osprey. Joe vs Swerve.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

so, what was with that weird zooming going on with Mercede's promo? Like, it would zoom on her face, she'd say a line, it would zoom tighter, she'd say a line, etc, until it just zoomed all the way back out to show they were doing the promo in a hotel lobby with mood lighting.

It was weird.

I think it was something new they were trying out because they did it during Jericho's backstage segment too. I didn't like it, hope they cut it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Okada vs. PAC is one of those really unbelievable matches AEW likes to toss out every so often, just a match that until the bell rings I won't believe is happening but I couldn't be more excited for. PAC is such a compelling wrestler - he found what works for him (being as From Newcastle as possible) and is living it up. It's gonna be fantastic.

remember that Danielson/Suzuki match that they livestreamed on youtube before a random Rampage? That loving ruled. I remember watching it with my dad.