Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
aew bad, WWE good
CM Punk was right
Nothing matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This show was good because it had everything that makes wrestling good: luchadors in cool outfits, old men doing gnarly poo poo, violence, drama, blood, people getting hit with foreign objects, sex, a guy with a lot of money, hyped up people screaming at the camera, and really loud chops. It was pro wrestling at its purest.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Trying posted:

wrestling fans… dumb?… n-no….

They have managed to burrow under an already ridiculously low bar.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Tato posted:

Rating is up due to the hot new star - Chris Hero. I need to see him in the background at least once per episode now, reacting.

I would pop if a backstage fight segment ends by just panning over to Chris Hero looking deeply disappointed.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Tony Khan has a time machine and is daring the timecops to arrest him (he knows they wouldn't dare).

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

a dumb moron posted:

If TNA didn’t gain anything from their AEW partnership (and all things considered, they didn’t outside of one rating pop and one buyrate boost, I think?), what in the WORLD makes them think they’d get anything from WWE, a company known for insidiously destroying any territory they partner with?

They fired Scott D'Amore so I'm assuming whichever suit is running things now either doesn't know what happens to promotions that partner with WWE or thinks he's too smart for that.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Jackie D posted:

What's the distinction between the international and Continental titles

And what separates those from the TNT title

Continental title matches have a set time limit (30 minutes) and managers/seconds/factions are banned from ringside

TNT is theoretically a TV belt but the other 2 are regularly defended on TV so idk.

And finally the International title has been leveled up by Shazam: Fury of the Gods, which the other belts lack

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

I like FTR and hope the young bucks lose to them. Doubly so after the stupid cmpunk fight promo. I hadn't seen the young bucks part before and it was so bad.

I think I'm good on FTR tag title runs for a while. The Bucks can tell better stories as the smarmy bosses who cheat and exploit the rules to retain.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't know anything another the previous runs. I just hated that bucks promo and not like as heel work. It just sucked.

Edit: it doesn't matter though. I'm not coughing up $50 for the ppv and I don't know of any good 🏴‍☠️streams for phone.

They had it last year and ended up dropping the belts to Ricky Starks and Big Bill, so it's a little too soon to go back to FTR imo. But they're both really good teams and hopefully they can hear the tag division back up

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

this is the most insane thread on the internet

This isn't even the most insane thread in this subforum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Gavok posted:

I'm doing a listicle on AEW's best storylines. I'm up for suggestions. Right now I have (in no order):

Hangman vs. Elite
Hangman vs. Swerve Strickland
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
Brandon Cutler vs. Peter Avalon
Adam Copeland vs. Christian Cage
Orange Cassidy vs. Jon Moxley
Eddie Kingston vs. Bryan Danielson
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes
Brodie Lee vs. Cody Rhodes

MJF and Cole's Summer Bromance