Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I look forward to seeing how my strategic missteps look from your end of things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
gently caress, you guys had a plan?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hi, I'm Ys. This wasn't my main or even secondary objective at the time, DarthRoblox accurately summarized my confusion and inexperience, but take a gander at that province I invaded on the map and see if you can pick up on the major strategic advantage I managed to give myself without realizing it at first!

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah from Ys perspective the diplomatic situation around this point was me ignoring the land almost entirely and focusing on the beginning of the knife fight with Rl'yeh.

I think my inexperience was a big help for phaecia and machaka at this point because I wasn't immediately under existential threat from Rl'yeh and wasnt familiar with how amphibious Ys is, I passed up on a few opportunities to fight for coastal provinces because I was 100% focused on securing UW stuff. No idea if I could have held anything but I could've probably been skirmishing and maybe gotten one or two more land-ys forts to recruit kernou druids up.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
It is interesting how the appearance of a god just ends a lot of internal strife because, well, we're all worshiping this god now. Like Eriu the Fir Bolg textually resent and have been killed en masse by both the tuatha/side and humans, the sidhe lords mounds were disturbed and they were driven out by the humans, and then a new god shows up and welp now we're all on the same side. LA Mictlan has the Lawgiver who ended blood sacrifice in MA available as a hero and the text basically goes "yeah they outlawed blood sacrifice a while back and then the new god showed up and now we do blood again"