Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

I had a battle like that back in Dominions 5, against Arcvasti as Arcoscephale while I was Mictlan. I bumped into one of his golems he'd been raiding me with and put up Howl, which didn't kill the golem, but kept him buried in dogs until turn 100 hit. In Dom 5, on Turn 100, the attackers would start routing(at 150, defenders would rout, 200 everyone would just get deleted off the battlefield, to prevent one odd thing from hardlocking the entire game). But since golems are mindless magical units, when they rout, they don't just run away, instead they melt. So Howl ended up killing him indirectly.

This was a real problem with mindless thugs in Dom5, yeah. In Dom6 I think it's less of an issue because the rout timer is longer, and most thugs have trouble surviving the turn 100 threshold, which now dispels all of their buffs(including the bless!). With that, and golems going down a research level to Construction 6, perhaps it is time for golem thugs once again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Some nations innately have the ability to trace income across water, and Phaeacia is one of them. I might be forgetting one, but to my knowledge all vanilla nations that have sailing have this ability to trace income. However, it's totally possible to make a nation that has national sailing, but can't trace income over water. And of course gaining sailing from non-national means(like the new water kobold summon) doesn't give sea income tracing either.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Asphodel also has a reputation, persisting from dominions five, of being a weak and ineffectual popkill, so people don't swarm them nearly as often.

While there's still a lot to be discovered about dominions six, what I have seen so far indicates that Asphodel is very dangerous now and should be killed with fire before they get out of hand(or banned in nation selection).

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
The Wind Callers aren't bad mages by any means, but I feel like they're often outclassed by Weavers/Captains. Weavers are really good communion mages, and Captains have the same sailing ability and their paths aren't *that* much worse. Them being 2 turns to recruit is what really hurts though: That could have been two other mages!

DarthRoblox posted:

The A3s especially are very useful - they can cast some higher level evocations and cast some battlefield effects that the storm captains can't, and they can also cast Seeking Arrow. Seeking Arrow is a remote attack, meaning it's cast from the strategic map and takes effect before movement. It sends an arrow into the chest of an enemy commander in the target province, which stands a good chance at killing human-scale mages. We'll eventually want quite a few of these guys for both general utility as well as being a great defense against raiders.

Seeking arrow works on larger then human-scale mages too! You just need to have a *lot* of A3 casters, which Phaeacia is great at.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
The cave layer is a lot better then underwater(no 5 gem tax per commander, most important spells still work down there), but it's definitely not in a good state right now. The indies can also be really uneven: Pale ones or zotz won't accomplish much, cave men can be nasty, and then there's stuff like released ones or shades that are more dangerous then any normal indie aboveground.