Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Smythe posted:

god drat lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
The juice is loose from this mortal coil

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
so how good was OJ at football, was he 'good for his time' or legitimately one of the greatest ever?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

so how good was OJ at football, was he 'good for his time' or legitimately one of the greatest ever?

he was pretty awesome tbh. I think he still has the rushing record for a 14-game season (the seasons are longer now)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
iirc the thing he was busted for trying to steal was his heisman trophy which you get for being the best college football player

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

one of the greatest. still has records standing from the 70s, was in the pro bowl like half the time. probably did a lot of steroids and definitely did a lot of cocaine. which, combined with the typical brain injuries from football probably contributed to some of his later legal troubles

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

OJ suffered a similar curse to Barry Sanders in that he was stuck on a bad team that was never going to win a championship but he still kicked incredible rear end

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

aw frig aw dang it posted:

OJ suffered a similar curse to Barry Sanders in that he was stuck on a bad team that was never going to win a championship but he still kicked incredible rear end

yeah, he was #1 first round draft pick. which means you go to the worst team lol. and the bills didn't figure out how to use him properly for a few years so he was kinda stuck with them

dread orb
Jul 23, 2023

Ironic, isn't it?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Like rain on your wedding day.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
but if the best teams pick the shittiest players how do they stay 'good'

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

He was the Kobe of his day

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
oj simpson once filmed an episode of a TV prank show. one of the segments had him pretend to work at a car dealership. he attempted to sell "his" white ford bronco (actually it was Al Cowling's white bronco in the chase) to bewildered bystanders. in the show, the bronco had a bullet hole, which was bizarre since nobody fired at a shot at anybody at any point of the OJ simpson case

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson#Juiced

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Al! posted:

iirc the thing he was busted for trying to steal was his heisman trophy which you get for being the best college football player

how did he not already have possession of it was it seized from him as an asset in a lawsuit

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

on the question of how good oj simpson was at running it might interest many of you to know that oj simpson was so good at running he made a cameo appearance in the hit television show roots as guy who was good at running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ub3lp0Kwg

the other guy is geordi la forge btw

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Aglet56 posted:

oj simpson once filmed an episode of a TV prank show. one of the segments had him pretend to work at a car dealership. he attempted to sell "his" white ford bronco (actually it was Al Cowling's white bronco in the chase) to bewildered bystanders. in the show, the bronco had a bullet hole, which was bizarre since nobody fired at a shot at anybody at any point of the OJ simpson case

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson#Juiced

quote:

Less typical, each episode opened with topless strippers dancing around Simpson, who is dressed as a pimp. He sings his own rap song, which includes the lyrics "Don't you know there's no stopping the Juice / When I'm on the floor I'm like a lion on the loose / Better shoot me with a tranquilizer dart / Don't be stupid, I'm not a Simpson named Bart."

I'm pretty sure there's also a segment where he goes through a fast food drive through blackout drunk and berating the employees about orange juice

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

90sgamer posted:

He was the Kobe of his day

in more ways than one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

how did he not already have possession of it was it seized from him as an asset in a lawsuit

i think he had to sell a lot of his poo poo to pay legal bills/the goldmans

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

oh he's dead huh. I wondered why he came up in the pictures thread

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

here's the oj rap video:
warning: titties!
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33r1ox

and i misremembered. he is operating the fast food drive through while blackout drunk

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so apparently ojs children with nicole were present when he died

as an oj truther i find this information oddly validating since it seems unlikely theyd have wanted any relationship with him at all if they thought he did it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Caitlyn’s connection to Simpson is part of the Kardashian/Simpson web. Robert Kardashian Sr., the first husband of Caitlyn's ex-wife Kris Jenner, was Simpson’s best friend and eventual lawyer during his double murder trial in 1994.

Kris, 68, was part of the friendship, too, though she didn’t take Simpson’s side. During the trial, Kris fought for justice for her friend, Nicole Brown Simpson — the athlete’s murdered wife.

With a split Kardashian household, Caitlyn eventually married Kris and took a similar stance on Simpson’s acquittal. In a previous interview, Caitlyn remembered the Kardashian kids taking the trial verdict as truth when Simpson was not charged with the death of his wife or her friend, Ronald Goldman.

“I remember the day the verdict came through and [the kids] came in and they said, 'I told you he didn't do it,'" Caitlyn said on a 2009 episode ofDr. Phil. "We sat down and I said, 'Look, just because he got a not guilty verdict doesn't mean he didn't do it, and I just don't want to hear his name anymore.' And I had a lot of conversations with Robert to try to make sure it didn't tear the family apart."

Caitlyn has been long vocal about her belief that Simpson got away with murder. "Obviously he did it, and he got away with it, and at one point he even told Nicole, 'I'll kill you and get away with it 'cause I'm O.J. Simpson,” she claimed while appearing on Big Brother VIP Australia.

Kris shared more details about her friendship with Nicole in her 2011 memoir, Kris Jenner . . . And All Things Kardashian. "Nicole had been beaten up by O.J. and she had been keeping this physical proof in the form of photographs and, it would turn out, other evidence, in which she had documented 17 years of abuse," the book explained. "Nicole really wanted someone close to her to know what was going on, so that somebody — namely me — could be a witness."

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
drink applejuice ... cuz oj will kill ya! :D

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

juicekanda politics thread

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

so apparently ojs children with nicole were present when he died

as an oj truther i find this information oddly validating since it seems unlikely theyd have wanted any relationship with him at all if they thought he did it

spell out your oj theory

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Aglet56 posted:

spell out your oj theory

it better not be the dumb one about his son

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

now that hes no longer looking for me i can finally admit i did it

Homeless Friend