Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

wesleywillis posted:

I'm curious to hear what he'll say on his show tomorrow.

Jfc he still has a show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
OJ dies and then ww3 happens whats up with that

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Cyril Sneer posted:

Jfc he still has a show?

The Howard Stern thread is probably one of the oldest on SA.

Most of us stopped listening in 2010 or so.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
OJ made everyone who visited him on his deathbed and all the workers at the hospice he was at sign a NDA lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

OJ made everyone who visited him on his deathbed and all the workers at the hospice he was at sign a NDA lol

Lol I wonder how many times he got delirious and confessed

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

That’s not true. We tune into the show, listen for about five minutes, sigh, and put on a wrestling podcast.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bonzo posted:

Was Howard on vacation last week :v:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

I. M. Gei posted:

lotta normal posting in the C-SPAM thread rn

this thread also taught me that OJ had a TV show where he raps in the theme song, which is :nws: because it has topless women's boobs in it

this goon has numerous corkboards with news clippings and red string going everywhere.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Was Howard on vacation last week :v:

Hey, hey...he just did 8 shows in a ROW so of course he needs two weeks off. I'm shocked his wife isn't co-hosting at this point.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Hey, hey...he just did 8 shows in a ROW so of course he needs two weeks off. I'm shocked his wife isn't co-hosting at this point.

I’d like to hear more about Beth’s mom feeding Joe Paterno supermarket brand chicken salad during her brother’s recruiting visit.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Question for the audience: How close are the LA Riots and the OJ trial associated in your head, if at all?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I don’t connect those in my brain. I mainly connect OJ to a Mortal Kombat 3 parody on Newgrounds

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

redshirt posted:

Question for the audience: How close are the LA Riots and the OJ trial associated in your head, if at all?

I remember Rodney King caught a fairly severe beating in broad daylight with good for its time resolution. It definitely made me think that there was some systemic racism in the LAPD at that time. OJ's defense team did a pretty good job creating doubt about OJ's guilt and how the police might not have conducted a fair investigation.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

redshirt posted:

They were only two years apart and yes, people did fear the riots would happen again if a guilty verdict was chosen.

Anderson Koopa posted:

I remember Rodney King caught a fairly severe beating in broad daylight with good for its time resolution.

In addition, there was also this footage that played over and over
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Reginald_Denny

While Rodney King and OJ are not connected, everyone knew the police had members that were racists because of the former trials.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Has Kato Kaelin commented on this? He pretty much ratted out OJ back in the day.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The most easy layup opportunity of all time is right in front of you, but you just can’t help but think “sure but what if instead of just sinking this shot and winning the championship, I try to do a triple backflip slam dunk from half court?”

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I was wondering if Kato was even still alive and found this on his wiki

He received considerable media attention during the trial; one survey found that 74 percent of Americans could identify him, compared to 25 percent for Vice President Al Gore at that time.[8]

lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I was wondering if Kato was even still alive and found this on his wiki

He received considerable media attention during the trial; one survey found that 74 percent of Americans could identify him, compared to 25 percent for Vice President Al Gore at that time.[8]

lol

lmao

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

redshirt posted:

Somewhat but the energy from the riots was too raw and OJ was kinda of joke.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

redshirt posted:

Bill Parker was the chief of police in LA for almost 20 years post WW2. He was an outward racist piece of poo poo who collaborated and conspired with the city leaders at the time to keep the post war influx of large minority groups into the city "in their place". Redlining etc. and an police force build on the same tactics he used during WW2 to control Nazi partisans in Paris. He was the guy in charge during the Watts riots and kept the LAPD at arms length until the National Guard was called in to restore order.

His driver and LAPA golden boy for a period of time was one Daryl F. Gates. Gates was the not as public racist piece of poo poo who learned at Parkers feet and kept up many of the policies and tactics that Parker introduced. He was the guy in charge during the Rodney King incident and subsequent riot.

NWA didn't come up with 'gently caress the Police' in a vacuum, poo poo was endemic to the cops and patently obvious to the folks living it in.

Mainstream white society conveniently turned a blind eye to most of this.

Then OJ happened and mainstream white society had to deal with what happened to minority communities when blatantly obviously guilty cops skated due to bullshit juries.

Poor Goldman and Brown families got turned into speed bumps for this social reckoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

redshirt posted:

i know that they were filming the opening bar scene for Terminator 2 right across thr street the night that the Rodney King beating happened.