Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
oj was innocent you absolute monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Goodbye Twitter world

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
The Juice is Loosed (from his mortal coil)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Seth Pecksniff posted:

His juice is about to be LOOSE (out of his body because of decomposition)

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Regalingualius posted:

Sounds like the Juice…

Is no longer loose

Not in this realm. Hell, however, has a new terror…

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Paul Harrell shot him from across the cancer ward

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My dad brought home the OJ Simpson Legal Pad around the time of the trial and it was really funny and informed a lot of my humor (good).

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I will not rest until I have found OJ’s killer

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm pouring out some Simply Orange

Into the shitter

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

My dad brought home the OJ Simpson Legal Pad around the time of the trial and it was really funny and informed a lot of my humor (good).

lol this is amazing!

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
A big fat tip of the hat to whoever edited the thread tag! I’m posting from my phone so my initial tap missed. Unlike OJ except for getting a Super Bowl ring. And not committing a felony in the state with the strictest laws against armed robbery over memorabilia that it turned out wasn’t even his to begin with, in BOTH contexts!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That White Bronco is still going, in my heart.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
where do people fall on the theory that it was actually OJ's son who did the killings these days

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mozi posted:

where do people fall on the theory that it was actually OJ's son who did the killings these days

Didn't even know this was a theory!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I don't know what is going on at the NY Times, but when they sent out an email blast to subscribers (as they often do for breaking news items), this is the image of OJ that they used:

Meanwhile, if you go to their web site, they are using this image of him:

I wonder if they wanted to use the initial image for both, but an editor was all :decorum: and made them use the later image.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mozi posted:

the book isn't called if my son did it.

CaptainZot
Aug 11, 2000
Y'all take care now

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
rip oj, thx for elevating norm macdonald's comedy to another level

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

redshirt posted:

drat, what a story. Sad in many ways. He was BELOVED before all that murder stuff went down.

I vividly remember the day his trial concluded. I was working in downtown Boston and the whole city shut down, everyone went out to find a TV. I was in a nearby bar and it was packed to the gills. And when the verdict was announced, it was A MOMENT. Gasps, cheers, boos, anger, elation.... what a trip.

I was a freshman in high school. It was lunchtime and several dozen of us all crowded in the main office about the radio listening to the verdict.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Mozi posted:

I had a coworker who had been in the FBI who swore up and down that there was enough evidence that OJ's son was the culprit. He claimed to have insider information to support this.

Some of his other claims:
most FBI agents are dumb as hell
MJ molested those kids

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Corpseberg

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

redshirt posted:

Didn't even know this was a theory!

Yeah, it was something about his son being off his meds and going nuts. The theory said the glove fit his son, and the footprints were left by his son wearing a pair of OJ's shoes. OJ was willing to take the rap.

Ultramega OK
May 14, 2003

I'm a Catholic, I can feel guilty about anything.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

bossy lady posted:

I had a coworker who had been in the FBI who swore up and down that there was enough evidence that OJ's son was the culprit. He claimed to have insider information to support this.

MJ molested those kids

He seems to have a lot of firsthand experience with the first other claim.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Wasn't there an explanation for the glove not fitting in the courtroom? Something like his lawyers deliberately had him stop some meds so that his hands would swell.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Congrats Bills fans!

The Bills organization is finally free from the karmic shackles of their cursed murderer, and Roger Goodell has been given the greenlight to fix the next NFL season to put them in the '24 Super Bowl.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

bossy lady posted:

MJ molested those kids

:hmmyes:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I bet those OJ trial novelty Pog slammers I had are still worth nothing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

sure okay posted:

Congrats Bills fans!

The Bills organization is finally free from the karmic shackles of their cursed murderer, and Roger Goodell has been given the greenlight to fix the next NFL season to put them in the '24 Super Bowl.

Tony Romo liked this post

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
I think it was wrong of the LAPD to try to frame a guilty man.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I guess you could say the Juice

Expired

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

kids today don't know about the OJ trial, shameful neglect of american history by our education system

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Civil court is bullshit and really ruins getting away with murder nowadays :mad:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Mozi posted:

i didn't know his son did it but now i do

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
True USA hero. I hope AC is doing ok.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The OJ and Arnold Palmer commercials were not just advertising, they helped bridge racial divisions that in the 1970's were as raw and fresh as it gets. OJ was the perfect guy for white people to accept, an amazing athlete but more importantly "well spoken" and able to walk in the white world with ease. This is partly why the murder trial was such a big deal. Both white and black folks put a lot of identity onto OJ. And for a long while, he was worth every bit of, America's darling....

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
The real lesson here is don’t ever return a lost pair of glasses, especially to someone estranged from their ex-husband with rage issues.

Also the OJ: Made in America mini-series is pretty good and worth a watch.

Malice Green
Feb 1, 2005
Molim Vas skinite gacice

bossy lady posted:

MJ molested those kids

Man's at least two-for-three in my book, I'd give him the tap-in on the third

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
The 8 hour OJ Made in America documentary is one of the best things i ever watched. It sums up everything about him and America.

He 1000% did it. The crime scene photos are disgusting, her throat was wide open. gently caress him I'm glad he's dead, he shouldve suffered more