Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1783671040503132216
i don't know anything about him but i like the pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm cool getting a powerful but raw guy when we have Billy C to teach him. Still would rather have Alt but what can you do.

And as mentioned, lol Falcons

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
https://x.com/joerexrode/status/1783671883981861133?s=46

I’m in

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

not afc south related but lol at the falcons and the broncos

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I'm shocked the Colts didn't go CB, but I guess I didn't expect them to have the choice of any defender.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm also NOT shocked that the Jags are a team where the GM shits his pants in press conferences and an executive is selling kayfabe wrestling angles in the war room.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

tiny keeping to kayfabe during the nfl draft is the first thing ive enjoyed from the jags tho

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Night one in the books. The Jags made a pretty decent trade down and got the person they were going to take at 17 anyway. I'm not sure I agree with the pick--- Terrion Arnold's high floor and instant impact would have been my choice--- but if he pans out he fills a huge need and has a rookie contract at an increasingly expensive position

also, lol Tony Khan

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Titans may have a shot at Mitchell, McConkey or Franklin tomorrow

Or hell, another OL. Let it rip.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

I'm shocked the Colts didn't go CB, but I guess I didn't expect them to have the choice of any defender.

Yeah same but it looks like edge is considered higher value than CB. Hopefully the guy's injuries are behind him because apparently he is a beast and the best defender available in the draft. Just gotta worry about, you know, that major neck injury that once had him medically retired.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Good pick for Jacksonville. Not sure for the colts.

Mostly just having an lol at Denver tho

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Spears getting 1500 yards with this left side

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah same but it looks like edge is considered higher value than CB. Hopefully the guy's injuries are behind him because apparently he is a beast and the best defender available in the draft. Just gotta worry about, you know, that major neck injury that once had him medically retired.

I guess they liked the depth at CB more than pass rusher, which is very fair. I guess a ton of teams passed Latu on medicals, so it's not a huge concern for a lot of teams. I was just worried about his age. He's already 23, Dallas Turner is just 21.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

tiny keeping to kayfabe during the nfl draft is the first thing ive enjoyed from the jags tho

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

From the OP:

Bismack Billabongo posted:

TREVOR BUST
Pencil in Brian Thomas Jr here if he’s available I guess.
:golfclap:

https://twitter.com/ralphamsden/status/1783692611204559006

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Baalke working magic!
https://twitter.com/KevinFromDuval/status/1783864972222579194

I actually like the trade, I feel like that is really good value.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Would have been happier if he somehow snagged a second even if we sent a 3rd the other way or something to make it happen. Not super enamored with what Baalke does after the first round. Happy with the pick though, and picking up anything extra while still getting him is good. Just.... what are we going to do with those, land the next Fortner? Hopefully he can leverage them to trade up for some guys here tonight. Still need CB, DL, OL.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

cope

Excited for round 2. Feel like the Titans come away winners no matter who they get because there’s enough tier two guys available at WR, Edge, ILB and DL that you’re getting an immediate impact guy regardless of who goes b/t 33 and 37.

Shame they don’t have a round 3 pick. Wouldn’t hate a trade of some kind to put up more value, probably not likely unless Mitchell falls in which case you probably just take him and move on.

Also regarding JC Latham and Bill Callahan:

https://x.com/mikeherndonnfl/status/1783901531495919798?s=46

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
The rush on QBs/offense picks really played into the Texans' hands, lot of defensive talent left in the second round

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What is with this thread/AFCS posters and reading comprehension. That was clearly sarcasm. I dont mind the extra picks or whatever but, because it apparently needs to be said.... gently caress Trent Baalke forever.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 26, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What is with this thread/AFCS posters and reading comprehension. That was clearly sarcasm. I dont mind the extra picks or whatever but, because it apparently needs to be said.... gently caress Trent Baalke forever.

Apologies op, i meant the tweet, that’s why i edited out the rest of your post

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

Apologies op, i meant the tweet, that’s why i edited out the rest of your post
Ahh gotchya, in that case sorry for the reaction.

:cripes: I make a comment about reading comprehension when it was my own at fault, sigh

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 26, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Ahh gotchya, in that case sorry for the reaction.

:respek:

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

The unbelievable malpractice happening at other teams makes it difficult for Baalke’s bad decisions to feel notable.

If the NFL is a restaurant metaphor, the table for Jaguars fans keep receiving food that is wrong or just cold. But when we look around for a waiter to complain to suddenly a baked potato at the Falcons table goes off like a hand grenade.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

#BaalkeMasterClass

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Major Operation posted:

If the NFL is a restaurant metaphor, the table for Jaguars fans keep receiving food that is wrong or just cold. But when we look around for a waiter to complain to suddenly a baked potato at the Falcons table goes off like a hand grenade.

Still better than what Panthers fans are dealing with at their literal restaurants and owner!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Teva posted:

Would have been happier if he somehow snagged a second even if we sent a 3rd the other way or something to make it happen. Not super enamored with what Baalke does after the first round. Happy with the pick though, and picking up anything extra while still getting him is good. Just.... what are we going to do with those, land the next Fortner? Hopefully he can leverage them to trade up for some guys here tonight. Still need CB, DL, OL.

I really like Cooper Dejean here but word is the Jags aren't high on him. He seems like a true playmaker, which we desperately need, and also a guy you can deploy in different ways. Hell, even if he washes out, you have a good punt returner and gunner.

Full disclosure: I don't watch a ton of college football and have no idea what I'm talking about. Probably like 90% of the people discussing the draft.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Need a Cooper Dejean to pick off Billy Jeans. It's *in* the name, he's a dejeaner.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Teva posted:

Need a Cooper Dejean to pick off Billy Jeans. It's *in* the name, he's a dejeaner.

Booo get off the stage

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jacksonville drafting so dang well 😡

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Teva posted:

mother of god

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Tennessee Titans *would* invite a wife-beater who never played a down in Tennessee to make their pick for them

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sweat is a monster let's loving go

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Well, handcuff a designated driver to him between games i guess

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
If he can stop partying I love it. Keep this man away from broadway.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

no idea who the CB the texans drafted is but hell i hope he's good

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
From my understanding he’s a good zone corner who can press well

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Shame the colts can’t just redraft one of their own players here.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Shame the colts can’t just redraft one of their own players here.

nah, it's cool, we'll draft the WR with top 5 upside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yeah that was a good pick. I’m curious why he dropped as far as he did. Lot of smoke about him being a head case but I’m always hesitant to believe that poo poo