Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Mine was getting pulled over with a passenger for no good reason and then having the cop call over 2 other officers to search us because I was nervous. Like, of course I’m nervous dude, I’m ADHD and you’re a cop staring me down, doesn’t mean I’m high. He proceeded to pat me down on the hood of the cruiser while one of his buddies tore my car up looking for any contraband before giving up once he realized he wasn’t gonna get those charges to stick. He then gave a giant transphobic rant to my accomplice and I had to pay a ticket for not staying in the lines, and I had to clean up all the trash he threw all over my car.

The weird kicker is that he correctly gendered me at first glance and probably soured on me when he realized I wasn’t a cis woman lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I was dinged with a possession charge which resulted with me in jail but I still don't think that's the worst experience because that's how that works. I consider that more of a "worst experience with a friend", as it was their poo poo and they stashed it in my ride when we moved without me knowing about it. I should have ratted on him.

My worst experience with a cop is probably when I was 16 y/o fresh driver taking a corner a bit too fast. I still had studded tires from the winter and the roads were wet. I wasn't grandstanding, it was a novice miscalculation. I fish-tailed and was unable to regain control and smacked the side of the rear tire flush with the curb. It damaged the rear axle so the car couldn't be driven.

No one was around, like the whole time. While I'm calling my parents an off-duty cop who heard the accident from his house came out and started interrogating me, asking me (who was freaking out) a bunch leading questions, and ultimately ticketed me with a negligent driving. He didn't see what happened at all. He was a real piece of poo poo and after that experience my conservative father told me that all cops are exactly like that and to never trust them because they are all, in fact, pieces of poo poo. One of the truest lessons I've ever been taught.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
When we were about 11 years old, two of my buddies and myself went for a walk one night down to the department store. Curfew in our town as 11 PM for minors. It was just after 11 when Officer Tannenhill pulled up. I had known Tannenhill because he bought meth from my mom and would come into my room sometimes at night by mistake. It had happened several times. My door would open, my mother would say, Tannenhill what are you doing that's my son's room. Anyway, this night, Tannenhill starts asking the three of us where we were all night. We tell the truth. He says there were some kids "under the bridge" smoking crack. He said that -- smoking crack. None of us knew what crack even was. We came from a meth town. Tannenhill says we "should" get in his car. We say we're almost home, we don't need a ride. He says we "should." We ask if we "have to." He says no, but again, we "should" because it's late and we're out past curfew. He finally gives up trying to get us in the car, and he drives away.

Anyway, about twelve years later I came back to town and learned Tannenhill is serving a very long sentence for sexually assault lots of kids in town.

That was probably my best experience with a cop though because he just harassed us and drove away.

Actual worst experience: I was borrowing a friend's car, had gotten a traffic ticket for having a tail light out and not having insurance handy. I was back in town to show my tail light was fixed and had insurance, when I got pulled over again because my seatbelt wasn't positioned right. Well, while waiting in a parking lot, the cop goes to run my information or whatever. It takes him forever. I'm on the phone talking to the owner of the car. I'm telling her, I'm real sorry but I think I'm going to miss the traffic court because I've been pulled over for a different reason. But it's taking the cop forever to get back with my license. Then more cop cars show up. Then more. Now there are like five cop cars in the loving parking lot, all sort of facing me. I'm getting really loving mad because I'm also on probation for an actual offense for a real thing I did (unlike the traffic incidents which were things solved by going to court and saying "look I fixed it") and I'm worried I'm going to get in more trouble, so finally I get out of the car and start walking toward the cop cars. There are like seven cops standing around, all looking at a laptop or something. None of them see me coming. Finally, when I'm almost right next to them, I say "What the gently caress is taking so long?"

All seven cops freak the gently caress out and draw their guns, and start screaming at me to get back in the car. None of them are pointing guns at me, but many guns are drawn. GET BACK IN THE loving CAR.

And I'm yelling WHAT THE gently caress IS TAKING SO LONG

GET BACK IN THE loving CAR RIGHT NOW GET IN THE loving CAR

YOU loving GUYS NEED TO HURRY THE gently caress UP

GET IN THE loving CAR!!!!!

so anyway, I missed my traffic court date, so I had to pay like a late fee for that, but the tail light, insurance, and seatbelt thing were all dropped once they were fixed. I did almost go back to jail though because my PO called, quite concerned, like almost in a panic, saying there were like six "hits" on my name in one day, which seemed to indicate the dumb cops in the parking lot were doing something wrong. Oh well, didn't get shot.

credburn fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 11, 2024

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I've never had any bad experiences with the police officers.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I’ve told this story before but I was pulled over in rush-hour the-highway-is-a-parking-lot style traffic just outside of Chicago supposedly for “stopping too close to the vehicle in front of me at an intersection”. Total bullshit, I mean I don’t want to huff anyone’s exhaust fumes and I definitely had more space than some of the cars around me, but whatever. I show the cop my license and insurance card, he says the insurance card is expired, I say “oh I just grabbed the wrong one, just a sec”, he says it’s fine and walks back to his cruiser.

Where he waits. And waits. For over a half a fuckin’ hour. I’m significantly late for work and missing a meeting at this point.

Another cruiser pulls up behind him and I’m wondering what the gently caress is going on. The new arrival on the scene walks up to the cop that pulled me over and hands him what looks like a giant fuckin’ foil-wrapped breakfast burrito through the window, heads back to his car, and pulls off.

Twenty minutes after THAT, when Officer Hungry finally finished his breakfast, I have to assume, he walks back up to my car. I wave my current insurance card and asked if he wanted to see it, he says “nope” and hands me a ticket. For driving without insurance.

I had to go show up in court for that absolute loving bullshit. All cops should gently caress a woodchipper.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

emSparkly posted:

Mine was getting pulled over with a passenger for no good reason

quote:

He proceeded to pat me down on the hood of the cruiser while one of his buddies tore my car up

“No, I do not give you permission to search my person or my vehicle”. They might make you wait while they get a K-9 unit to find some probable cause, but it’s likely they’ll just give up unless they genuinely had suspicions above ‘let’s see what bullshit I can pin on this person’.

E:
Always good to have the following infamous two resources in this thread.

The long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

The short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EI_RYIEtrg

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 11, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I've only been pulled over once, I wasn't even doing anything wrong. He says he just pulled me over the other day, no idea what this pig is talking about. He says, "okay you're telling me if I go back to my car and look your info up you're not lying to me."

"I've never been pulled over or gotten a ticket in my life."

He disappears for a few minutes, comes back, gives me some long winded screed as a warning and let me go. (definitely wasn't me he pulled over, what a dick head)

I've dealt with cops a few other times, once when my car was stolen and recovered, but it was pretty uneventful beyond the whole car stolen and thrashed thing.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
when i was a kid i was walking beside a forest on my way to the store in town and a cop pulled over beside me and asked where i lived, i turned and ran into the woods

i think the only other time i've interacted with a cop i was fixing the little panel that controls the sirens and stuff in one of their cruisers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cop pulled me over for driving 40 in a 55 "obstructing traffic". There was no traffic. I thought the speed limit on the road was 40 because I had just come down it a couple of hours ago in the other direction. When he finally lets me go with a warning I drive off and in about 1000 feet over the crest of a hill there's a new speed limit sign changing the speed limit to 40.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Rockman Reserve posted:

I’ve told this story before but I was pulled over in rush-hour the-highway-is-a-parking-lot style traffic just outside of Chicago supposedly for “stopping too close to the vehicle in front of me at an intersection”. Total bullshit, I mean I don’t want to huff anyone’s exhaust fumes and I definitely had more space than some of the cars around me, but whatever. I show the cop my license and insurance card, he says the insurance card is expired, I say “oh I just grabbed the wrong one, just a sec”, he says it’s fine and walks back to his cruiser.

Where he waits. And waits. For over a half a fuckin’ hour. I’m significantly late for work and missing a meeting at this point.

Another cruiser pulls up behind him and I’m wondering what the gently caress is going on. The new arrival on the scene walks up to the cop that pulled me over and hands him what looks like a giant fuckin’ foil-wrapped breakfast burrito through the window, heads back to his car, and pulls off.

Twenty minutes after THAT, when Officer Hungry finally finished his breakfast, I have to assume, he walks back up to my car. I wave my current insurance card and asked if he wanted to see it, he says “nope” and hands me a ticket. For driving without insurance.

I had to go show up in court for that absolute loving bullshit. All cops should gently caress a woodchipper.
I'm surprised you're not a loving super villain now

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

FYI just throw your drugs in the trunk. They can't get in there. I've been pulled over so many times with drugs in the trunk, they can't do poo poo to get in there. Even if they search your car. It's that one cool trick cops hate.

Note to the DEA: I don't do criming anymore, weed is legal now.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
My dad hid his drugs in his crankshaft, I think. I don't even know what a crankshaft is, but I feel like he once told me that.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

when i got mugged outside my apartment like a decade ago the cops kept pressing me like I knew the attackers or was involved in serious drug poo poo and I’m like “I look like hell because I just got home from roller derby practice not because I’m a junkie”.

the whole time I was strangely worried they’d fine me for the gravid mantis I had in a tank laying an ootheca, it wasn’t strictly legal to have but she’d been rescued from a strip mall parking lot that afternoon and started laying before I had a chance to rehome her in a park

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Nothing too bad.

Once I was driving from Florida to North Carolina and somewhere near the Florida/Georgia border I took a wrong turn when trying to get back on the highway and ended up on this narrow two-lane road that went on forever, so I tried making a u-turn and got stuck in the mud. A cop pulls over and he said "What were doing that you got stuck in the mud?" as if it wasn't obvious and I said I was trying to make a u-turn and he said "Well that was stupid. I can't help you." so that was that, but right after that some friendly rednecks drove by in a truck and pulled me out and I was on my way.

And as I type this I now remember the other part of this story - so when we were getting my car out of the mud my clothes got all muddy, so I stopped at a gas station to change. I used the bathroom which was just a one toilet/one person at a time deal. After coming out, another guy goes in, and then I immediately realize I must have dropped my wallet, so I waited for the other guy to come back out then go in and grab my wallet and immediately realize it's missing all of my cash.

I come back out and the guy was buying lotto tickets. I was like "Hey rear end in a top hat you just took my money" and he gets this "Oh poo poo" look and the guy at the counter must have pushed the call the police button because within five minutes a different cop showed up and after I explained everything he just said "Well there's no way to prove he stole your money" and so then the lotto ticket guy's wife goes on a rant about how unfair it was for me to accuse her husband, how hard they work, she's so angry she's shaking, so the cop apologizes to them and leaves and the wife continued to flip out on me for being such a horrible person lol.

Oh and one other detail I just remembered - when I told the cop I left my wallet in the bathroom he got all suspicious and asked me "What were you doing with your wallet out in the bathroom" all incredulous like

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 11, 2024

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Kids are calling it Gravid Mantis, they use it to lay an ootheca..."

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I got T-boned by an SUV that ran through a stop sign. She was going so fast she pushed my car about 300 feet down the road into a ditch. I was banged up and in retrospect I definitely had a concussion, but other than a sore shoulder and a bloody face I was okay.

When the cop showed up he started yelling at me to get out of the car (I literally couldn’t open the door, it was smashed in) and then told me this was a dangerous intersection and he was tired of getting called out here. The other driver was on the side of the road and he started yelling at her to get her hands in the air and step away from her car. He made me feel bad for her, which was an accomplishment at the time.

He wrote up the incident report and asked if I had a way to get home. I was pretty out of it but said I’d call my girlfriend, he already had his engine started and just drove off at that point. The other driver’s husband showed up then too and goes “where’s the loving cop?”.

Flash forward about 10 years and I see this guy on the news, he was one of those cops in 2021 who refused to get vaccinated and got fired for it. He did this interview where he was crying and said police work was the only thing that brought him joy in life.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

EL BROMANCE posted:

“No, I do not give you permission to search my person or my vehicle”. They might make you wait while they get a K-9 unit to find some probable cause, but it’s likely they’ll just give up unless they genuinely had suspicions above ‘let’s see what bullshit I can pin on this person’.

Nah that poo poo wouldn’t have worked. He already had “probable cause” in the form of my plus one’s bag we just picked up from the dispensary. Neither of us had opened the bag up and she had her card at the time but still.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Jelly posted:

I'm surprised you're not a loving super villain now

i mean what are your qualifications here because i definitely dress flamboyantly to commit crimes under an assumed name

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I got pulled over in NJ on the way back from Canada for "staying in the left lane without intending to turn" when there was bumper to bumper traffic for ages, the car in front of me had been in the lane LONGER than I had. The cop looked young as poo poo and insanely nervous, he practically stammered out "Your car smells like marijuana which gives me probable cause to search." There was no marijuana. It overwhelmingly smelled like fake peach flavor because of the scented candles I bought my mom as a gift. So I'm sitting on the side of the road in cuffs after getting pat down and the whole time this dude sounds like he's terrified which of course makes me nervous as poo poo because nothing is more deranged and unpredictable than a scared cop. He calls in backup to help search the car (like three more dudes lol) and of course they tear my poo poo up while I'm in the back of the cop car. They find nothing and drive off. And he just unceremoniously uncuffs me while barely making eye contact and tells me the left lane is only for switching lanes. I'm like sure dude lol, all my poo poo is just all over my car.

I'm pretty sure he had literally just gotten this job and it was one of his first "Please get out of the vehicle." stops and I made the mistake of being honest about coming back from Canada so he prob thought he could make some international drug bust when he smelled that pungent Yankee candle rear end aroma.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I think that this is one of those threads in which the people with the most to say about the topic are also the least likely to be casually chatty about it

nice obelisk idiot fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 11, 2024

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I.....I don't want to talk about it OP

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I was on my way home from a party once and I had a previously-opened bottle of wine in a brown paper bag. About a block from my apartment 2 cops passing by in their car stop, reverse their car, get out, and walk towards me. They ask me what's in the bag and I tell them it's a bottle of wine. The cops shake their head and issue me a citation for an open container of alcohol. Then they run my license, which was the real reason they stopped me in the first place. The NYPD had just lost stop and frisk so I guess they were looking for any bullshit excuse to check non-white people's IDs.

When my license came up clean the other cop acted surprised and asked his partner "really? are you absolutely sure?". What a dickhead.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

haven't had many run ins with cops fortunately

about 10 years ago i was walking through a park adjacent to my backyard with my partner in the evening, and a cop in an SUV saw us while driving by on the main road. he swerved off the road and came racing toward the path we were on maybe 100 yards away, ripping up the grass and poo poo as he drove through the park. he stopped us, demanded ID and asked why we were walking through the park so late (it was early evening, just after dark, like maybe 7 pm). after holding us there for ~5 minutes and running our IDs, he told us we had to leave the park because "someone found a bobcat claw in the park last week" and so it was unsafe to be in the park after dark. i knew that park well living so close to it, and there were no park hours listed anywhere and it wasn't that uncommon to see other people there in the evening.

when i was in elementary school, probably 4th grade or so, i got pulled over by a cop riding my bike home from school because i didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign to make a right turn at an empty residential intersection. he "wrote me up" and called my parents threatening them that i'd get a real ticket if i was caught running a stop sign again. at the time it was kinda scary, but now, lmao what a pathetic person pulling over 10 year olds

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

i even remember the date that this happened: December 12th, 1997 because it was the opening night of Scream 2, which my friends and I were anxious to see.

After school, my friends and I piled into my car which I had just purchased two weeks prior and caught the 7 PM showing of Scream 2 at the theater. Afterward, we all decided to go shoot some pool and play some games at a billiards/arcade joint until 11 PM, when the place closed. We were wondering what to do next, so we decided to eat at our usual 24 hour hangout before calling it a night and left the billiards place.

Here's the important bits: in 1997, when you bought a used car, the license plate on said car also transferred with it. You didn't get new plates, and there were no temporary plates back then. We were also four Mexican-American teenagers from the southside of town in a clean old Chevy not doing anything wrong or incriminating and none of us had ever been in trouble with the law. We were a bunch of nerdass band/orchestra/mariachi geeks in high school lol. We just happened to be four brown dudes on the wrong side of town at the time.

Out of thin air the blue and red lights come on behind me and the WHOOP WHOOP sound scare the poo poo out of me because I'd never been pulled over before. I pull into a residential alley because I didn't know what the gently caress. And then we waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. Eight loving cop cars finally show up and block us in from every angle, and FINALLY the original cop gets out of his car and walks up to my car. He has his hand on his holstered gun and asks us all to step out of the vehicle with our hands behind our heads. He finally asks, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" then proceeds to tell me without me even answering. It was because he ran the plates and the car came up with some old woman's name as the owner, something like Gertrude Jones and he believed the car to be stolen.

I told him I have paperwork in the glovebox that proves it to be my car since it was already insured in my name and had a bill of sale. I just hadn't gotten the registration and title in the mail yet because the DMV was apparently farting around on it and hadn't acknowledged that the car had changed ownership. As I was showing him my paperwork, the other bored cops were frisking my friends in the background hoping to find something, but came up short.

Coming up short of searching my car, the cop went back to his cruiser and ran my paperwork. He comes back stomping with a screwdriver and removes my license plate. I asked him what the gently caress he was doing, and he gets aggressive and tells me, "I want you and your friends to drive straight home from here, you got it? Your night ends here. GO HOME." hands me my paperwork, and all the cops disperse within the blink of an eye. We still went to go eat after that whole ordeal before going home lol.

But not an lol considering my friends and I were racially profiled, and it could have turned out entirely different since I noticed the cop had his hand on his gun at first.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I don't know if it was the "worst"; I didn't get brutalized, but it sure as heck was the sketchiest.

Summer, home from college, my good friend turns 21 and his parents throw a decent bbq/drinking party for him. They confiscated everyone's car keys upon entry and if you didn't pass muster you could not get your keys back. You were welcome to crash there for the night. Good party of about a dozen people.

The next week his parents went out of town, so he threw another party. Word got out, and there was somewhere between 200-300 people there. The suburban neighborhood was packed with cars. I, being a genius, decided to drop two tabs of acid. I had one focus that was to patrol the inside of the house and keep people to the backyard, side yard, front, restroom use only then back outside, etc. I had rainbows shooting out of my finger tips. I did a good job though.

So of course the police finally show up to bust up the party. While the crowd is dispersing everything is relatively mild, they just didn't want anyone drunk driving. Fair enough. But poo poo went sideways. Someone leaving the party slashed multiple tires on the police cruisers. Three vehicles out of commission. To put it mildly, the cops did not care for this.

My friend is arrested and taken downtown. The rest of our close friends make sure the party breaks up, etc. It mellows to about 5 of us. Being high on drugs we decide to move all the living room furniture to the front lawn and re-create the living room there; couches, recliners, lamps, tables, and all. It was actually pretty cool.

Finally we decide to call the police department and find out the disposition of our friend's status. We can come in and pick him up, no charges! gently caress yeah! This is like one in the morning. Four of us pile into a car. Amazingly we had one friend that was sober enough to drive. I'm still tripping balls and thinking, "should I be driving to a police station like this?" Sure, why not? The fluorescent lights were amazingly bright.

We're in the police station checking our friend out/vouching for him, etc. We get out of there and back to his house where the whole living room is set up on the front lawn. He declared he needed a beer and bong hit. We obliged.

Again, no beatings by cops, but really on the borderline.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Me and jesse popped cop car tires (one each) in the campus pig trough parking lot once in college and it was very loud.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I also had a sheriff pull me over in a bumfuck rural area of town where there was no other cars on the road but me. I apparently blew through a stop sign, and I will admit I treated it as a yield more than a stop because I was the only motherfucker on the road (but still looked left and right before passing through) and didn't see him parked elsewhere (I didn't admit poo poo to him, though), but he made it sound like I just completely ignored the four way stop.

When the lights and WHOOP WHOOP came on, there was only a bike lane on the side of the road and nowhere to pull over since the road side was full of cactuses and plants up to the bike lane. I stuck my arm out of the window and pointed at the upcoming street and then did the arm signal indicating I was making a right, and then I pulled over once I turned off on the street. The sheriff gets out of his car fuming, telling me to roll my window down so he can rage yell at me with spittle and forehead veins and everything. "WHEN I TURN ON MY LIGHTS, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PULL OVER IMMEDIATELY! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO PULL OVER WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT! YOU PULL OVER WHEN I TELL YOU TO!!"

I tell him I was thinking of his safety and decided to pull off on this street so he could have a wide berth to get out of his cruiser safely and not worry about oncoming traffic. "IT DOESN'T MATTER, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PULL OVER WHEN I TELL YOU TO!!"

He grabs my paperwork to run it, comes back and literally throws my stuff at me without even saying a word and peels out. Dude was frothing at the mouth mad because I was thinking of his safety, but at least I didn't even get a warning.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

You're lucky he didn't run you off the road like that pregnant lady who didn't pull over the microsecond the tiny-dick brigade flashed their magic lights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=josbuIY0BJA

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
one time walking home from the grocery store, was passing this apartment building on the corner and I guess something happened, two officers stopping and asking people if they saw what happened. i had no idea, i'm just going home, but i had to give my id and phone number, but when i asked for the cops phone number he rejected me on the spot :negative:

from that day i decided all cops are hot hunky bastards

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?
I had two bad incidents with cops. When I was 16 I was driving to the movies with my friends at about 6pm and someone flew a Walmart parking lot and T-boned me. I was in the right lane, they hit me on my passenger side, and pushed me across 3 lanes to the farthest left lane. I called my parents while he called the cops. The other driver claimed it was all my fault because I didn't have my headlights on (it was daylight still). The police officer proceeded to scream at me and my friends, chew me out about driving like an rear end in a top hat, and was going to write me a ticket. Thankfully my father showed up and the cop just left.

The second one I was leaving a 7-11 about 10pm on my way to work on 3rd shift. When I walked out there are two cop cars with 4 cops standing with their guns pointing at me screaming to freeze. I dropped all my poo poo and the cops yelled at me for not stopping fast enough and dropping my bag. Apparently the 7-11 had been robbed earlier, the alarm set off, and the cops took an hour to show up. The clerk never told me it happened while I was in there. They never explained why they decided to pull their guns on a random guy walking out. It isn't like the robber was going to hang around the 7-11 for an hour.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
I got taken to a police station in cuffs at the age of 6.

I found my dad's cuffs and cuffed myself to my blue tricycle. He didn't have his keys, so had to take me to work to be uncuffed.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm a white male. I don't -have- experiences with police officers.

Pretty much only interaction was a year or so ago though some cops pulled me over, and were incredibly nervous. Hands on their guns. Made up a bullshit excuse they couldn't see my license plates. I'm guessing someone out there has the same type of car or they were fishing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
When I was 19, the first time I got pulled over the cop pulled a gun on me. It was late at night and I was driving home from loving Arbys of all places. Between my house in the not-great part of town and the Arbys is a bunch of warehouses. I was just driving past them, and as soon as I turned on to my street there is suddenly flashing lights behind me. So I park in front of my house and the Cop runs up screaming "Hands on the wheel, hands on the wheel" and pulls her gun. I grip the wheel and try to explain what I was doing. I guess some serious poo poo was going down in those warehouses and they thought I had pulled out of them instead of just driving past. The worst part was when I was told to get my proof of insurance, turned and reached towards the glove box. It wasn't until then that I realized there is another cop by my passenger door. Having one crazy rear end armed cop was bad, but realizing I was surrounded and couldn't even keep both of them in my line of sight at once was what really triggered a fight or flight response and made me freak out. It didn't take them very long to realize I was white and whoever they had mistaken me for was somewhere else probably getting away, and they left.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i've talked my way out of poo poo with cops so many times. yes i'm white male, short hair, clean shaven. i can see their boner pop a little in their pants when I say "yessir"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Nighttime, Atlanta, 1996: I was 9, my great-uncle slowed but still went through a yellow light, we were accosted by the extremely aggressive & rude police and I was worried that we were going to die. My worry was probably exaggerated since I was a kid -- I mean, I don't think the cop pulled a gun on us or anything, but still. And yes, my great-uncle and I are both Black.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

This wasn't a direct experience, but it's the worst thing I ever heard a cop say myself. I was at a high school football game and this cop was in the crowd bitching about someone who speeds down the street he lives on and he said "If I catch him speeding down my street again I'll take care of him and they won't find the body."

The town in question actually had the whole police force fired for corruption. They were doing coke and banging the girls at the high school and running a cock fighting ring.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Let me tell you about the best experience. Local town, I became known to all the local cops but really I was known to the whole town - I was kinda a big deal - and as such maybe they treated me with kid gloves. Maybe I got all sorts of breaks and exemptions and footnotes, so on and such, for years. Maybe I was just part of the town institution.

I did get busted, for trying to steal this giant life sized wooden cow. Me and my accomplice had to wash the police and fire vehicles for 8 weeks.

It was awesome, I became friends with all the cops and fire fighters and we all had a business like arrangement going forward. I throw a huge party, they break it up super late, some folks get rides home, etc....

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I was pulled over at a checkpoint once, and I didn't have my license on me, so they gave me a ticket.

Super awkward.

I'm brown

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I became friends with this one cop, Rusty. He was a big fat man and on the surface you see this guy, a big fat rural cop, and you make your assumptions.

And they're probably accurate. Most of the time. But not here.

Not with Rusty. This guy had the heart of a lion, a bear, I don't even know how to describe him, he went out of his way to keep me out of trouble.

And when I was actually busted and sentenced to washing police cars and fire trucks, Rusty befriended me and was so freaking cool. I went out on patrol with him. He taught me how to drive with "no hands" - with my knee. In the cop car, I'm driving the cop car around the back parking lot with my knee with Rusty in the passenger seat.

He died 5 years ago, I wasn't part of his life for 30 years so I had no invite to the funeral, but when I heard he passed I really wished I had a chance to speak, because he changed my life and was a hell of a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
One time I called the cops on my third floor neighbor cuz I saw him beating his girlfriend outside my window

He had an out of state warrant and the cops put snipers around my building

I wasn’t allowed outside so I sat in my bathroom and posted on SA about it.

hosed me up. The guy escaped by jumping out his widow and breaking his ankle on my back slab of concrete aka patio. He was subsequently caught on that patio.

Still don’t know if I did the right thing but at least a lot of women in my life told me I did the right thing. Maybe they just said that to make me feel better.