Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

i even remember the date that this happened: December 12th, 1997 because it was the opening night of Scream 2, which my friends and I were anxious to see.

After school, my friends and I piled into my car which I had just purchased two weeks prior and caught the 7 PM showing of Scream 2 at the theater. Afterward, we all decided to go shoot some pool and play some games at a billiards/arcade joint until 11 PM, when the place closed. We were wondering what to do next, so we decided to eat at our usual 24 hour hangout before calling it a night and left the billiards place.

Here's the important bits: in 1997, when you bought a used car, the license plate on said car also transferred with it. You didn't get new plates, and there were no temporary plates back then. We were also four Mexican-American teenagers from the southside of town in a clean old Chevy not doing anything wrong or incriminating and none of us had ever been in trouble with the law. We were a bunch of nerdass band/orchestra/mariachi geeks in high school lol. We just happened to be four brown dudes on the wrong side of town at the time.

Out of thin air the blue and red lights come on behind me and the WHOOP WHOOP sound scare the poo poo out of me because I'd never been pulled over before. I pull into a residential alley because I didn't know what the gently caress. And then we waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. Eight loving cop cars finally show up and block us in from every angle, and FINALLY the original cop gets out of his car and walks up to my car. He has his hand on his holstered gun and asks us all to step out of the vehicle with our hands behind our heads. He finally asks, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" then proceeds to tell me without me even answering. It was because he ran the plates and the car came up with some old woman's name as the owner, something like Gertrude Jones and he believed the car to be stolen.

I told him I have paperwork in the glovebox that proves it to be my car since it was already insured in my name and had a bill of sale. I just hadn't gotten the registration and title in the mail yet because the DMV was apparently farting around on it and hadn't acknowledged that the car had changed ownership. As I was showing him my paperwork, the other bored cops were frisking my friends in the background hoping to find something, but came up short.

Coming up short of searching my car, the cop went back to his cruiser and ran my paperwork. He comes back stomping with a screwdriver and removes my license plate. I asked him what the gently caress he was doing, and he gets aggressive and tells me, "I want you and your friends to drive straight home from here, you got it? Your night ends here. GO HOME." hands me my paperwork, and all the cops disperse within the blink of an eye. We still went to go eat after that whole ordeal before going home lol.

But not an lol considering my friends and I were racially profiled, and it could have turned out entirely different since I noticed the cop had his hand on his gun at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I also had a sheriff pull me over in a bumfuck rural area of town where there was no other cars on the road but me. I apparently blew through a stop sign, and I will admit I treated it as a yield more than a stop because I was the only motherfucker on the road (but still looked left and right before passing through) and didn't see him parked elsewhere (I didn't admit poo poo to him, though), but he made it sound like I just completely ignored the four way stop.

When the lights and WHOOP WHOOP came on, there was only a bike lane on the side of the road and nowhere to pull over since the road side was full of cactuses and plants up to the bike lane. I stuck my arm out of the window and pointed at the upcoming street and then did the arm signal indicating I was making a right, and then I pulled over once I turned off on the street. The sheriff gets out of his car fuming, telling me to roll my window down so he can rage yell at me with spittle and forehead veins and everything. "WHEN I TURN ON MY LIGHTS, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PULL OVER IMMEDIATELY! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO PULL OVER WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT! YOU PULL OVER WHEN I TELL YOU TO!!"

I tell him I was thinking of his safety and decided to pull off on this street so he could have a wide berth to get out of his cruiser safely and not worry about oncoming traffic. "IT DOESN'T MATTER, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PULL OVER WHEN I TELL YOU TO!!"

He grabs my paperwork to run it, comes back and literally throws my stuff at me without even saying a word and peels out. Dude was frothing at the mouth mad because I was thinking of his safety, but at least I didn't even get a warning.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

N. Senada posted:

Still don’t know if I did the right thing but at least a lot of women in my life told me I did the right thing. Maybe they just said that to make me feel better.

There should be absolutely no remorse for a woman beater. You most likely saved her life by calling the cops.

You did the right thing.