Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
When we were about 11 years old, two of my buddies and myself went for a walk one night down to the department store. Curfew in our town as 11 PM for minors. It was just after 11 when Officer Tannenhill pulled up. I had known Tannenhill because he bought meth from my mom and would come into my room sometimes at night by mistake. It had happened several times. My door would open, my mother would say, Tannenhill what are you doing that's my son's room. Anyway, this night, Tannenhill starts asking the three of us where we were all night. We tell the truth. He says there were some kids "under the bridge" smoking crack. He said that -- smoking crack. None of us knew what crack even was. We came from a meth town. Tannenhill says we "should" get in his car. We say we're almost home, we don't need a ride. He says we "should." We ask if we "have to." He says no, but again, we "should" because it's late and we're out past curfew. He finally gives up trying to get us in the car, and he drives away.

Anyway, about twelve years later I came back to town and learned Tannenhill is serving a very long sentence for sexually assault lots of kids in town.

That was probably my best experience with a cop though because he just harassed us and drove away.

Actual worst experience: I was borrowing a friend's car, had gotten a traffic ticket for having a tail light out and not having insurance handy. I was back in town to show my tail light was fixed and had insurance, when I got pulled over again because my seatbelt wasn't positioned right. Well, while waiting in a parking lot, the cop goes to run my information or whatever. It takes him forever. I'm on the phone talking to the owner of the car. I'm telling her, I'm real sorry but I think I'm going to miss the traffic court because I've been pulled over for a different reason. But it's taking the cop forever to get back with my license. Then more cop cars show up. Then more. Now there are like five cop cars in the loving parking lot, all sort of facing me. I'm getting really loving mad because I'm also on probation for an actual offense for a real thing I did (unlike the traffic incidents which were things solved by going to court and saying "look I fixed it") and I'm worried I'm going to get in more trouble, so finally I get out of the car and start walking toward the cop cars. There are like seven cops standing around, all looking at a laptop or something. None of them see me coming. Finally, when I'm almost right next to them, I say "What the gently caress is taking so long?"

All seven cops freak the gently caress out and draw their guns, and start screaming at me to get back in the car. None of them are pointing guns at me, but many guns are drawn. GET BACK IN THE loving CAR.

And I'm yelling WHAT THE gently caress IS TAKING SO LONG

GET BACK IN THE loving CAR RIGHT NOW GET IN THE loving CAR

YOU loving GUYS NEED TO HURRY THE gently caress UP

GET IN THE loving CAR!!!!!

so anyway, I missed my traffic court date, so I had to pay like a late fee for that, but the tail light, insurance, and seatbelt thing were all dropped once they were fixed. I did almost go back to jail though because my PO called, quite concerned, like almost in a panic, saying there were like six "hits" on my name in one day, which seemed to indicate the dumb cops in the parking lot were doing something wrong. Oh well, didn't get shot.

credburn fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
My dad hid his drugs in his crankshaft, I think. I don't even know what a crankshaft is, but I feel like he once told me that.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

frumpykvetchbot posted:

ACAB but is this thread a safe space for posting best cop experience also or do we need a separate one?

I was going about 90 in empty right lane on I-10 west of Phoenix AZ at about 7am on a sunday morning with no traffic. Suddenly out of nowhere a single short blast of siren, like a "whoop" sound. COP CRUISER in rear view mirror right on my bumper and I know I'm dead. Cop turns on his PA and just says SLOW DOWN A BIT OKAY. Then as I bring down my speed to posted limit cop pulls ahead and vanishes into the horizon.

The end. That's my almost very nearly moving violation cop interaction story.

They came by to remind you that your entire future is theirs to determine, that you are beholden to their authority. To cause you fear and make you think you drove away with a "positive" experience.

Like when a gangster puts a gun to your head, then laughs and says Ah I'm just breakin your balls!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A cop once told me, "I've got a gun for every room in my house and that includes the closets. There is a sign on my door to warn firemen to let the house burn, because I got explosives, too."

Man just give me my loving ticket so I can go about my day.